Mid-South Island: (Qualicum/Parksville/Nanaimo/PortAlberni/
The Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock Coordinator is accountable for supporting the fundraising efforts within the Mid-South Region by recruiting, cultivating and sustaining volunteer relationships and community presence in support of the Cops For Cancer Tour de Rock.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Coordinates regional revenue development activities as it pertains to assigned fundraising areas:
- Identifies, establishes and maintains productive relations with local stakeholders to ensure the effective and efficient conduct of Cops for Cancer, Tour de Rock activities.
- Seeks local partnership opportunities with other organizations and groups to promote the Cops for Cancer, Tour de Rock activities.
- Engages in effective recruitment, selection, orientation, training and development and recognition of volunteers to support Cops for Cancer, Tour de Rock activities.
- Ensures that all programs are delivered in accordance with Division or National standards
- Maintains the integrity of the Regional Revenue Development database (Raiser’s Edge) by complying with policies and procedures for data collection and entry systems.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting of all activities as prescribed and directed by the Regional Director, Community Giving Team Leader.
- Works with the Regional Director and Community Giving Team Leader to set realistic and attainable revenue targets for assigned area(s).
2. Facilitates the development and implementation of the Canadian Cancer Society’s Cops for Cancer program in assigned area(s)
- Works closely with the Regional Director and Regional Cops for Cancer Coordinator to provide on-going support, opportunity, and enthusiastic leadership to local Steering Committee(s), Donors, Tour Riders, and Volunteers.
- Proactively works to meet budgeted revenue targets and ensures that budgeted expenses are not exceeded.
- In addition to managing Regional sponsorship relations in assigned area(s), cultivates potential local sponsors to defray line expenses.
- On event day(s), acts as the onsite manager and liaison to all Steering Committee Volunteers, sponsors and media to ensure the event(s) runs according to plan.
3. Acts as a key local community representative for the Canadian Cancer Society
- Develops and maintains relationships with key community, business and political leaders to foster support for the Canadian Cancer Society in all its activities.
- Promotes the Canadian Cancer Society Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock and its fundraising initiatives through public speaking and/or participation in local community organizations (i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, Lions, etc.).
- Actively seeks out new opportunities to promote and enhance the profile of the Canadian Cancer Society Cops for Cancer Tour de Rock enhancing fundraising activities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of Divisional strategic initiatives, policies and goals.
2. Experience with public relations or media campaigns an asset.
3. Knowledge of the volunteer recruitment cycle including recruitment, orientation, delegation, empowerment and recognition.
4. Knowledge of community economic, political and socio-cultural conditions.
5. Superior verbal and written communication skills.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills, including presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to coach or mentor others.
7. A predisposition to customer service.
8. Excellent problem-solving skills.
9. Ability to understand and work with complex issues.
10. Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement.
11. Excellent skill and ease working with computers and other business machines and tools.
12. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software would be an asset.
13. Ability to contribute in a team environment.
14. Ability to develop and cultivate community partnerships and relationships.
15. Ability to work confidently under pressure to deadlines.
16. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to pay attention to details are necessary attributes.
17. Flexibility to perform other job requirements as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Three or more years experience in fundraising/revenue development, project management, or related field such as Sales or Marketing.
2. Excellent prospecting and relationship management skills.
3. Experience working with teams in a matrix organizational structure.
4. Experience working with volunteers, diverse groups and community leaders.
5. Possession of a valid BC Drivers License.
6. Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include evening and weekend work.
7. Certificate/Diploma from a recognized fund raising program is an asset.
Interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume in one document no later than April 12, 2013.
Please apply directly in our website: