Yukon Region - Whitehorse
Regular Part Time (18.75 hours per week)
This position is accountable for coordinating the Canadian Cancer Society’s fundraising and community engagement efforts within the Yukon Region primarily through Relay For Life and the Daffodil Campaign.
1. Coordinates the Region’s Relay For Life fundraising events in Dawson City and Whitehorse:
- Responsible for recruiting, training and stewarding leadership volunteers to support the execution of Relay For Life
- Identify and recruit potential new teams, sponsors, volunteers and survivors to achieve engagement and fundraising goals
- Assists with implementing and monitoring all key indicators as identified by the Division office, and ensure that all communities are on track to reach their goal
- Acts as event producer by developing event plans that follow best practice
- Updates Manager, Relay For Life on any challenges in meeting goals and identifies contingency plans where required
- Provides on-going support, stewardship, and enthusiastic leadership to community fundraising Organizing Committee(s), Donors, Teams, Survivors and Volunteers.
- Proactively works to meet budgeted revenues targets and ensures that budgeted expenses are not exceeded.
- Ensures that the all risk management practices have been implemented including the health and safety, finance, and accounting guidelines.
2. Coordinates the Region’s Annual Giving activities:
- Responsible for the effective implementation of the Daffodil campaign
- Respond to inquiries and provide support as needed to current and potential IFEs
- Measures and analyzes regional Annual Giving revenue development activities to identify areas for improvement and areas for growth
- Maintains the integrity of the Regional Revenue Development database (Raiser’s Edge) by complying with policies and procedures for data collection and entry systems; ensures that regional Revenue Development staff and selected volunteers are proficient in the application of the database
- Ensures that all programs are delivered in accordance with Division or national standards
- Participates in Division initiatives to revise or enhance existing Revenue Development activities; to design new activities; and to conduct regular evaluations of activities
- Identifies, establishes and maintains productive relations with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the effective and efficient conduct of Regional Revenue Development activities
- Seeks partnership opportunities with other organizations and groups to promote the region’s Revenue Development activities
3. Responsible for cultivating and stewarding relationships in the Region with current and prospective supporters of the Canadian Cancer Society (The Society)
- Acts as the relationship manager for relationships developed in the region to ensure they are aligned with the revenue development plan.
- Acts as a spokesperson for The Society if needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of Divisional strategic initiatives, policies and goals.
2. Knowledge of revenue development activities/initiatives of other organizations.
3. Experience with public relations or media campaigns an asset.
4. Knowledge of the volunteer recruitment cycle including recruitment, orientation, delegation, empowerment and recognition.
5. Knowledge of community economic, political and socio-cultural conditions.
6. Superior verbal and written communication skills.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills, including presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to coach or mentor others.
8. A demonstrated customer service focus.
9. Excellent problem-solving skills.
10. Ability to understand and work with complex issues.
11. Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment.
12. Excellent skill and ease working with computers and other business machines and tools.
13. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software would be an asset.
14. Ability to contribute in a team environment.
15. Ability to develop and cultivate community partnerships and relationships.
16. Experience working with diverse groups and community leaders.
17. Ability to work confidently under pressure to deadlines.
18. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to pay attention to details are necessary attributes.
19. Flexibility to perform other job requirements as assigned.
20. Ability to work a flexible schedule that will allow evening and weekend work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. 1-3 years’ experience in revenue development, project management, and/or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
2. Certificate/Diploma from a recognized fund raising program is an asset.
Interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume in one document no later than December 6, 2013.
Please apply directly in our website: