Canadian Cancer Society, Vancouver Island Region
Temporary Part Time Contract (March 1 to June 24, 2013), 17.5 hours per week
The Coordinator, Relay for Life (RFL) position is accountable for supporting Relay efforts by recruiting, cultivating and sustaining volunteer relationships and community presence through the application of Division and National policies, procedures and best practices
1. Volunteer Steering Committee
- Compiles targets and actively recruits volunteers for Relay Steering Committee.
- Interviews and assigns volunteer roles for steering committee working cooperatively with the Relay Co-Chairs and is the primary staff contact for the Steering Committee.
- Insures that Committees have necessary support to successfully complete their assignments.
2. Team Recruitment
- Compiles targets and actively recruits teams with assistance of Team Recruitment Committee.
- Works very closely with team captains in providing maximum fundraising opportunity.
- Answers all inquires from participants and team captains.
- Delivers team captain packages, pledge books, prizes, t-shirts, run kits to team captains with the assistance of the Team Recruitment Committee.
3. Sponsorship Responsibilities
- Create sponsorship packages, files sponsorship documents, issues sponsorship contracts and receipts to companies for donations if requested.
- Insures that all documentation including contracts and negotiations fall within Relay and Cancer Society Guidelines and are followed by both parties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of revenue development activities/initiatives of other organizations
2. Knowledge of the volunteer recruitment cycle
3. Excellent interpersonal skills, including presentation and facilitation skills and the ability to coach or mentor others
4. Excellent problem-solving skills
5. Excellent skill and ease working with computers
6. Ability to develop and cultivate community partnerships and relationships
7. Ability to work a flexible schedule that will allow evening and weekend work
Interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume in one document asap. This position will remain open until filled.
For more information about this opportunity to become a member of our dynamic team, please visit http://www.cancer.ca/British%20Columbia-Yukon/About%20us/BC-Careers.aspx.