Regular, Full-Time (37.5 hours/week)
This role’s purpose is to provide expert administrative support to the CEO and the Executive Office to enable the CEO and Board to accomplish their goals. This role is integral to the smooth operation of the office of the CEO and the Board and is the most senior administrative position within the Society. As such, the position may provide leadership and guidance to other administrative functions within the organization.
This role is responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Office, including the Chief Executive Officer, Chair, Past-Chair, Chair-elect, the Board and Board Committees.
Accountable for providing administrative support to the Executive Office:
1. Communicates and liaises with volunteers, staff and external agencies to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Executive Office through appropriate information and understanding of the requirements of the Chief Executive Officer, Chair, Past Chair, Chair-elect and Committee Chairs. Anticipates requirements before problems develop.
2. Updates Board Orientation documentation on a regular basis and ensures that the Board of Directors has the most up-to-date version.
3. Coordinates Division Limitation (DL) reports for Board approval and ensure timely submission to National Office.
4. Drafts, prepares and generates correspondence for the Executive Office.
5. Coordinates and acts as the Recording Secretary for the Executive Committee, Finance and Audit Committee, Board of Directors, Governance Committee & Cancer Prevention Centre Committee meetings including the Annual General Meeting. Keeps track of items to be brought forward for meetings and prepares initial draft agendas including Board of Directors, Governance Committee & Cancer Prevention Centre Committee.
6. Contributes to the positive image of the Society through developing and nurturing positive relationships with organizations such as the Ministry of Health, and other Health organizations.
Accountable for providing administrative support to the CEO:
1. Prioritizes urgent issues for the Chief Executive Officer.
2. Responsible for CEO’s calendar and handles all travel arrangements.
3. Collects information on issues as required and at CEO’s request.
4. Monitors budget for Executive Office and processes/authorizes all cheque requisitions and expenses.
Accountable for role modelling the Society’s values (caring, integrity, courage and progressive).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Demonstrated ability to use the Microsoft Suite of productivity tools and volunteer information management system at an advanced level.
2. Demonstrated ability to use a variety of databases to manage relationships with donors, volunteers and other stakeholders.
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality is paramount to the role.
4. Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive issues with diplomacy and tact.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders including senior officials at all levels of government.
6. Ability to manage multiple priorities in the most efficient and effective manner; organization skills.
7. Ability to take and accurately record minutes of complex material.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
9. Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
10. Ability to take initiative and solve problems based on available information.
11. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
12. Ability to work well within a team.
13. Represents the mission and values of the Canadian Cancer Society
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Completion of post-secondary diploma or degree in business or related topic and seven years’ experience at the senior administrative level or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Experience with non-profit organizations is an asset.
3. Experience working with volunteers or volunteer committees is desirable.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume in one document directly through our website www.cancer.ca as soon as possible.