Vancouver Division Office
Regular Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
This position is responsible for providing administrative and general finance support to the Vice President of Operations and the Director, Finance and Administration.
1. Provides administrative support to the VP Operations and Director, Finance and Administration by:
- Provides efficient and effective administrative support services to the VP, Operations and Director of Finance and Administration
- Supports Senior Management Team meetings and provides Executive office back up as required.
- Maintains the VP, Operations’ annual travel budget.
- Processes the VP, Operations and Director, Finance and Administration expense claims
- Maintains the VP, Operations’ and Director, Finance and Administration’s electronic schedule and ensures that their travel arrangements are looked after.
- Arranges internal and external meetings and teleconferences
- Prepares the monthly attendance records of the VP, Operations’ direct reports.
- Other work as assigned.
2. Provides administrative support to the Finance and Administration Department and Operations by:
- Maintaining lease agreements including, renewal request letters to Landlord, correspondence with the regions, spreadsheet for A/P monthly lease payments.
- Facilitates Finance & Audit Committee meetings from initial information emails sent to committee members, meeting set up, minute taking and transcription.
- Provides Gaming letters to the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch and maintain records.
- Maintains monthly and yearly calendars of Division and Department meetings, as required.
- Secures insurance for leased properties, lodges, Division, Auto for fleet & CCS Van, Liability insurance with Purves Redmond, D&O liability insurance.
- Submits Society Filings annually for both BC and the Yukon.
- Forwards Compliance Declarations after end of each quarter.
- Organizes and maintains department filing system plus prepare files for storage.
- Provides reception coverage on a rotation basis for the Receptionist’s lunch hour.
- Tracks monthly salaried attendance sheet.
- Orders office supplies
- Arranges couriers
- Books meeting rooms
3. Provides general accounting and finance functions:
- Banking liaison for service and signing authority changes and other inquiries.
- Provides general financial reporting functions in response to queries from management team and other departments/regions
- Develops and maintains financial templates i.e. budgets, forecasts etc.
- Assists in preparation for year-end audit
- Other accounting functions and analysis as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Basic Finance and Accounting knowledge
- Entry level CMA/CA/CGA preferred
- Knowledge or work-related procedures to understand various departmental needs.
- Presents, explains or discusses information with others who have comparable subject matter knowledge.
- Good working knowledge of Society and Division
- Intermediate to Advanced Word and Excel skills and PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of other standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
- Ability to take minutes
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Ability to anticipate needs and requirements of the Director, Finance & Administration
- Team player
- Good time management
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Entry level Accounting – CMA/CGA/CA
- Specialized job skills training
- Certificate in Office Administration
- Minimum of two years related experience
Interested applicants please submit your cover letter and resume in one document no later than Wednesday, July 24, 2013.
Please apply directly in our website:
Indeed - 14 months ago