The Canadian Cancer Society plays an integral role in our community in the fight against cancer. As well, the Society is the largest non-government funder of cancer research in Canada.
The South York Region Unit is currently looking for a Fundraising Campaign Assistant between January to April 2013 to provide support to the Residential Campaign, the Daffodil Campaign and the Relay For Life events. The hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5pm for a 4 month commitment.
Note that although this position is voluntary, there is tremendous opportunity to develop skills that will be essential in almost any career. You will have the chance to show your leadership talents while participating in a team that is making a difference!
- Provide administrative support to the organizing committees and fundraising coordinator.
- Answer inquires from the public and those volunteers participating in the campaigns.
- Responsible for follow up on canvassing kits not yet returned.
- Organize supplies and assist at return depot night for the Residential Campaign.
- Assist with campaign follow up.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Related education and/or experience in event management, marketing or business administration.
- Above average customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success in working independently and in a team environment
- Highly motivated, friendly, outgoing and reliable
- Extremely organized
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
Please note that this is a volunteer student placement position. Please forward your resume and cover letter to Ashley Ferguson, Volunteer Engagement Coordinator through the contact email provided.