Job Title: Senior Events Manager
Reporting to: Operations Director
Location: Calgary, Canada
About Canadian Business Conferences
Canadian Business Conferences, London Business Conferences and American Business Conferences are brands of London Business Conferences Group.
We are a world-leading provider of content driven, information rich business summits that provide unlimited opportunities for individual learning and commercial deal making.
The purpose of this role is to manage Conference events in Calgary Canada that London Business Conferences Limited operates.
You will need considerable expertise and experience of event logistics to take responsibility for the delivery of CBCs pre and onsite events management of large-scale conferences. This will need to be gained in a B2B commercial environment where you can demonstrate strong leadership skills and strategic input.
Experience of working on International events with plenty of travel experience to the events is essential with a track record of working with sponsors and speakers and international supplier’s.
- Independently event managing onsite.
- Foreign Travel may be required.
- To attend conferences and be the senior member of staff onsite at events.
- Responsible for all decision making on site event operations
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ year proven experience in the management of delivery conferences and events of up to 1,000 delegates, demonstrating increasing responsibility and successful execution of mission-driven events, demonstrating strong collaboration skills
- Articulate and commutative when speaking to high level sponsors, speakers and delegates
- Strategic thinker with a pragmatic approach
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Assist in the develop of an evaluation framework to continually assess the strengths of CBCs pre and onsite event management and customer engagement
- Proficiency with word processing and database software
- The ability to stick to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong client services approach
- Strong leadership, influence and organizational skills
- Ability to function as a dependable team player
- Experience with corporate audiences
- Familiarity with technology-centric methods
- Positive outlook, enthusiasm, self-motivated and high energy
- Desirable Fluent in a foreign language
Canadian Business Conferences, London Business Conferences and American Business Conferences are brands of London Business Conferences...