Role: Police Foundations Instructor
Company / Program Description:
Incorporated in 1992, the Canadian Business College (“CBC”) is an award-winning Private Career College that offers a broad range of professional training and diploma programs in Law, IT, Multimedia, Business Management, Child Care, and Health Care. CBC offers courses through its three campuses in Toronto, Scarborough and Mississauga. Recent awards include (i) Gold Consumers Choice Award for Business Colleges in Toronto (2012), (ii) Gold Consumers Choice Award for Computer Training in Toronto (2012) and, (iii) Top Choice Award for Business Schools in the GTA (2011).
The Police Foundations program offers students training in law enforcements. Graduates enjoy careers with the OPP, the RCMP, Police Services or as a Correctional Officer. Our Police Foundations training courses will provide students with the skills needed to gain employment in these fields.
Canadian Business College is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and dedicated instructor who has strong communication and interpersonal skills to teach the Police Foundations program. The instructor will be required to teach theory and practice.
- Assisting students in a variety of ways through lectures, workshops and computer-based training
- Administer exams and grade students
- Perform administrative tasks including updating student records & files
- Strict adherence to College instructor policies and the relevant regulations and policies of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities licensing requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Solid understanding of diverse communities, the law and societal issues
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Someone with in depth and personal knowledge of police practices and procedures and an ability to convey that information to students of varying backgrounds
- 24 months of occupational law enforcement experience along with either:
o Any degree, diploma or certification in law enforcement or related;
o 36 months of teaching experience in the field of law enforcement or public services;
o An additional 24 months of occupational experience in law enforcement or related
- Flexibility to teach at any campus location depending on demand
- Must be authorized to work in Canada