Company: Canadian Business College
Role: Microsoft Office Instructor
Company / Program Description:
Incorporated in 1992, the Canadian Business College (“CBC”) is an award-winning Private Career College that offers a broad range of professional training and diploma programs in accounting, business, law, computer programming, graphics, child care, and health care. CBC offers courses through its three campuses in Toronto, Scarborough and Mississauga. Recent awards include (i) Gold Consumers Choice Award for Business Colleges in Toronto (2012), (ii) Gold Consumers Choice Award for Computer Training in Toronto (2012) and, (iii) Top Choice Award for Business Schools in the GTA (2011).
Canadian Business College offers several courses that include Microsoft Office as a part of their curriculum. Canadian Business College is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and dedicated instructor who has strong communication and interpersonal skills and is extremely proficient to teach the Microsoft Office portion of several different programs. The Microsoft Office Instructor will be required to teach Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Access.
- Assisting students in a variety of ways through labs, workshops and computer-based training
- Administer exams and grade students as needed
- Perform administrative tasks including updating student records & files
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook and Access
- Experience teaching the Microsoft Office Suite is ideal
- A certificate in Microsoft Office from an accredited institution is an asset
- 24 months of occupational accounting experience along with either:
o Any degree, diploma or certification in accounting or related;
o 36 months of teaching experience in the field of accounting;
o An additional 24 months of occupational experience in accounting or related
- Flexibility to teach at any campus location depending on demand
- Must be authorized to work in Canada
Location: Downtown Toronto
Position Type: Position Type: Full-Time (following 3 month probationary period), 5 days a week from 9:00-2:00
Salary: A competitive starting salary will be offered, with a review after three months and annual review thereafter.