Role: Database Administrator and Software Programming Instructor
Company / Program Description:
Incorporated in 1992, the Canadian Business College (“CBC”) is an award-winning Private Career College that offers a broad range of professional training and diploma programs in Database Administrator, business, law, computer programming, graphics, child care, and health care. CBC offers courses through its three campuses in Toronto, Scarborough and Mississauga. Recent awards include (i) Gold Consumers Choice Award for Business Colleges in Toronto (2012), (ii) Gold Consumers Choice Award for Computer Training in Toronto (2012) and, (iii) Top Choice Award for Business Schools in the GTA (2011).
Canadian Business College is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and dedicated instructor who has strong communication and interpersonal skills to teach the Database Administrator and Software Engineering program. The instructor will be required to teach theory and practice.
- Assisting students in a variety of ways through labs, workshops and computer-based training
- Administer exams and grade students as needed
- Perform administrative tasks including updating student records & files
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- OCP for Oracle 11g (Oracle Certified Professional)
- MCPD for VS2010 or MCSD
- MCT certification will be assistant
- 24 months of occupational database administrator or programming experience along with either:
- Any degree, diploma or certification in database administrator or related;
- 36 months of teaching experience in the field of database administrator or programming;
- An additional 24 months of occupational experience in database administrator or related
Flexibility to teach at any campus location depending on demand
- Must be authorized to work in Canada
Position Type: Full-Time (following 3 month probationary period)
Salary: A competitive starting salary will be offered, with a review after three months and annual review thereafter.