Canadian Broadcasting Corporation Employee Reviews in Canada

Departmental supervision really good
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioDecember 18, 2015
Responsibilities varied quite a bit, which I found both challenging and interesting.

Very supportive management staff and although the work environment can be negative at times one needs to remember that news isn't generally bright and cheery.

Given the job itself, salary should be higher.
Too many operational areas competing against each other.
Manager, Production Technology Administration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2012
Too many operational areas competing against each other rather than working collaboratively towards corporate objectives. Only "friends" of the executive level see advancement opportunities. Most people have "work to rule" ethics, burdening those that actually do work because they need to pick up the slack.
Pros
good salary, ok benefits, some good people at the front line level.
Cons
chaotic, witch hunting, toxic environment.
Administrative Specialist/Purchasing (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 7, 2013
Processing Purchase requisitions, Purchasing,Shipping,Materials management.
Pros
excellent benifits
Enjoyable work but too much job insecurity and inconsistent management style.
News Presenter/Editor/Reporter (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 17, 2013
As a news presenter, I have enjoyed my work with CBC. However, I have not felt my talent was ever truly appreciated nor maximized.
I liked my co-workers but what management considered valuable one day was not deemed so the next. Questionale hires and too much authority resting with one person.
Best Broadcasting Employer in Canada
NCAN - Editor (Current Employee) –  The Broadcast Centre, downtown Toronto, ON, CanadaOctober 18, 2012
CBC is a fun and exciting place to work. My colleagues are the best in the business and we are all share a passion for new and delivering the best possible product to our viewing audience.
It is a fast paced working environment but that is part of what I love about it. You never know when a story is about to break and when it does its all hands on deck and the adrenaline starts pumping and you go into focus mode.
Pros
great colleagues and fast paced enviornment, both of whcik make for and exciting and enjoyable workplace
Cons
very fewgreat colleagues and fast paced environment, both of which make for and exciting and enjoyable workplace
Don't work here as a casual.
Casual reporter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioSeptember 30, 2011
Great place for many years, but felt abused near the end and left suddenly. Did every journalistic job in the place for almost 15 years, although casual, was called upon regularly for daily news reporting in tv and radio. CBC Radio is a less stressful newsroom than CBC TV, while the people at tv are nice, it was a very toxic workplace with overstressed staff, constant budget cuts and many people under too much pressure.
Pros
dedicated employees
Cons
overstressed workplace
Nice place to work for
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QCNovember 26, 2013
I learned a lot there, had the chance to ravel to few cities in Quebec,
participated in the Y2K program.
Very good productive.
News Cameraman reporter. (Former Employee) –  Haiti to Ottawa.January 6, 2014
They were very good companies, and I like my experiences them as a great productive, yes I had lot's of fun, they were nice to worked with.
Cons
some times 24/23 hrs.
A great company to work for!!
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON CanadaMarch 8, 2012
If I hadn't moved to the US to get married, I would still be at the CBC and planned to stay as long as they'd have me or until I retired, whichever came first. Great company