Canadian Blood Services Employee Reviews

Nice place to work.
Medial Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 October 2015
Good place to work. I met a lot of people, developed new skills, increased myself worth to the company, be motivated and always willing to help and be a part of the team is the most enjoyable part of the job. Everyday has a new ways to learn and productivities increases endlessly.
Pros
free parking
Cons
very physical
Welcoming Place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 October 2015
I loved doing volunteering work here. They offered great shift option and were always kind and understanding of my school schedule.
Pros
Free lunches, nice people
Cons
Shift schedule can get a little complicated
Rewarding job that help saves people lives by taking blood.
Phlebotomist/ LPN (Current Employee) –  Saint John, N.B30 September 2015
Good place to work for. There's a lot of travel with a good bunch of staff. Travel is 3-4 days away a week. Meet lots of nice people who are donating blood and their time for free. The pay for staff is decent and great benefits.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Being away for 3-4 days a week
Very good
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 August 2015
Canadian Blood Services is a pretty stable organization with good benefits for the employees.
Given the opportunity to be rehired will be an honor because people there are very professional, kind-hearted and and very courteous.
The workplace is pleasant and you can easily deal with people around you.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
carrying of heavy loads of blood in trolleys
Terrible management unwilling to consider employee
Donor services (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 July 2015
I requested a Leave of Absence from my part-time position OR to go on the casual roster. The department was frequently working short or paying over-time so I thought my request was a win-win. My manager claimed that they received direction from their supervisor to refuse my request. I was forced to quit due to their lack of give-and-take and lack of consideration for employee life situations.
Pros
friendly donors
Cons
no respect or consideration from management
Calm Environment
Clerk/Group Booker (Former Employee) –  Brampton21 May 2015
Everyday you have to send a reminders email to the donors and group donors also the Territory Managers reminding them about there appointment.
learned about there software they use.
great team
Placement
CSR (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON11 April 2015
I found it hard to get through late hours and such short shifts, I prefer now to not be considered for this type of work.

There was a great atmosphere and all the employees were very friendly.
front line works burnt out!management/ executives will always point fingers at employees
driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton23 March 2015
Where to start.....gossip, stress and minimual support from management. To much negativity in the building. Employer has very little understanding of how thw jobs r being done. Example. A driver only drivers 20% or so the rest is setting up computers, shipping the blood organizing rhe blood tubes during clinics. Oh an id ur scheduled to be finished at 8pm dont count on it book ir plans for the next day.. oh wait cant do that.. why u ask because the next day ur shift starts at 4am. Each day drivers have a different start time n end time .. shifts range from 4hrs to 14hrs through the week with very little consistency. Now as for job description. Good luck CBS has been telling employees they will have a job description for the new positions ppl are currently in, that was 2 yrs ago( staff r still waiting).
I could write a book about how the moral is plugged to an all time low. Great company when it was a small setup, employees would take part in all areas of the job regardless of assigned duties. Now it is not so nor will it every get bk to that.

If u have no love ones n just want to work no questions asked regardless of the hours.. this place is for u
Pros
co workers
Cons
management, work hours ( dont expect to see your family).
A friendly and new learning environment
Administrative Assistant - From (Former Employee) –  College Street15 February 2015
While working at Canadian Blood Services, I felt very welcomed and the responsibilities and tasks provided to me were easy to adapt to.
CBS is a great place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa Ontario1 February 2015
CBS is a great place to work and provides an important service to the Canadian public

There was never a day that started or ended the same.I learned that it is not the job that makes the day its the people and the accomplishments.

I enjoyed all of the jobs love being busy and being organised.
Fast pace environment, people are nice, managers are not the best but try, you play an active role in life saving on a day to day basis and it can be very rewarding. Hardest part of the job was the lack of communications within departments and the computer softwares which was stressfull and frustrating at times but I always managed very well. Most enjoyable part of the job is when you are told you saved a life.

Great office staff. Learned many things regarding the obtaining and processing of blood to help individuals who require it.

Want to know more about Canadian Blood Services?

Ask a question
A fun place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Eden Church Meadowvale1 February 2015
A highly organized workplace that allows us to learn along with hands on experience in phlebotomy. We also learnt how to greet patients and help them after they have donated blood.
Work that needed high accuracy and precession.
Donor Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary28 January 2015
I believe, Science is interesting subject to me. While working as laboratory technologist, I found it needs 100% attention and accurate manual dexterity. Most attractive part of work was TAT.
Pros
Wast knowedge regarding transfusione medicine
Cons
Tidious some time
Welcoming environment and very thankful for help
Refreshments Provider/Registration Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK19 January 2015
Volunteering at Canadian Blood Services was always a good experience. The managers were always very thankful, understanding, and kind to both new and returning volunteers.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Only accessible every few months
No room for employee opinon supervisor can just treat you like kid and ignore all your complain
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Toronto15 December 2014
Very negative work place dont complain if you are being treated wrongfully you will become the problem and get fired.Only favouritism is supervisor biggest strength.
Pros
very nice donors helping to save a live.
Cons
staff gossip, management need to treat every employee with respect.
Being able to go to work and know you're helping to save lives
Donor Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 November 2014
Although I love what I do for Canadian Blood Services as a Phlebotomist and as a Donor Services Representative, the hardest part of the job is the commute. By the time I get to work I'm already exhausted, having to drive from Abbotsford to Vancouver. It's not condusive to a non-stressful lifestyle so I am in need of a great change. I would love to have a job that allows me to be closer to home.
The fact that I know when I get to work every day, I'm helping to save lives, is the greatest part about working for this company. I work with some amazing people that put themselves out there every day, and give of themselves completely while on the job. It's inspiring and encouraging.
Pros
Great wages and vacation time
Cons
Long commute and long hours some days
I like the organization as a whole
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 October 2014
I was a volunteer. On a typical day I would come in, set up the tables, make coffee, distribute Newspapers and sit patiently waiting to assist patients. My duty was to sign and date their donation cards, make them feel comfortable and be prepared for an emergency if they were to react negatively to giving blood. The management and co workers were all incredibly friendly and I enjoyed working along side them. I learned a lot about what their organization does, and how many people they help and it was interesting to see how dedicated people were to the cause. The job wasn`t difficult, and I never had the opportunity to face an emergency. My only complaint was the commute in the mornings to get there. I enjoyed the job thoroughly, and loved talking to patient and co workers,
Pros
I got to help people, talk to people, and I got free cookies
Cons
Un paid
Great
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 October 2014
Great opportunity
Biochemistry and microbiology techniques
Buyer, Shared Services
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 October 2014
Great experience, friendly colleagues, always work to do.
Long Days Behind the Computer and Phone
Customer Service Representive (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 July 2014
I believe that it is a good place for people who are interested in working with a computer and telephone for 8 hours a day.
fun productive environment
NCC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON7 July 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Canadian Blood Services, the staff were very nice, approachable, and easy to get along with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canadian Blood Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Canadian Blood Services Reviews by Location