Canadian Blood Services

Canadian Blood Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Being able to go to work and know you're helping to save lives
Donor Services Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: great wages and vacation time
Cons: long commute and long hours some days
Although I love what I do for Canadian Blood Services as a Phlebotomist and as a Donor Services Representative, the hardest part of the job is the commute. By the time I get to work I'm already exhausted, having to drive from Abbotsford to Vancouver. It's not condusive to a non-stressful lifestyle so I am in need of a great change. I would love to have – more... a job that allows me to be closer to home.
The fact that I know when I get to work every day, I'm helping to save lives, is the greatest part about working for this company. I work with some amazing people that put themselves out there every day, and give of themselves completely while on the job. It's inspiring and encouraging. – less
I like the organization as a whole
Assistant (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONOctober 24, 2014
Pros: i got to help people, talk to people, and i got free cookies
Cons: un paid
I was a volunteer. On a typical day I would come in, set up the tables, make coffee, distribute Newspapers and sit patiently waiting to assist patients. My duty was to sign and date their donation cards, make them feel comfortable and be prepared for an emergency if they were to react negatively to giving blood. The management and co workers were all – more... incredibly friendly and I enjoyed working along side them. I learned a lot about what their organization does, and how many people they help and it was interesting to see how dedicated people were to the cause. The job wasn`t difficult, and I never had the opportunity to face an emergency. My only complaint was the commute in the mornings to get there. I enjoyed the job thoroughly, and loved talking to patient and co workers,
. – less
Great
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 24, 2014
Great opportunity
Biochemistry and microbiology techniques
Buyer, Shared Services
Buyer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 8, 2014
Great experience, friendly colleagues, always work to do.
Long Days Behind the Computer and Phone
Customer Service Representive (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 24, 2014
I believe that it is a good place for people who are interested in working with a computer and telephone for 8 hours a day.
fun productive environment
NCC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONJuly 7, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Canadian Blood Services, the staff were very nice, approachable, and easy to get along with.
Reporting staff were wonderful
Director (Former Employee), Ottawa OnJune 25, 2014
Pros: fun times with staff
Cons: long days
Days were full, enjoyed the team work and team play. Great Staff
Productive and fun place to work
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 11, 2014
Productive and fun place to work; great people around. Team work mentality and inspiring information exchange and collaboration with other research areas directly connect to the University of Alberta.
volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), AllistonMay 16, 2014
volunteer blood donor
donate blood every 56 days
enjoy giving back to the communityu
Productive and fun place to volunteer.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 8, 2014
Pros: free snacks and coffee/tea/pop
Cons: standing for long periods, no phones allowed.
I did not get paid as I was a volunteer. Besides that, I love being able to help people. A typical day involves making a pot of coffee and offering them to donors who have just donated some blood. It is not as gory as it sounds.
Not a very productive and reliable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 25, 2014
Team members were very disrespectful of other employees and guidelines and moral was not followed.
Awful work environment
Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 14, 2014
Cons: everything about it!!
Horrible replenished staff from all sudbury call centres with no education..I would never recommend anyone I know to work there.
Pension Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: out of the way for a quick shopping trip at lunch
Great office staff. Learned many things regarding the obtaining and processing of blood to help individuals who require it. Management guides rather than tells. Many get togethers to celebrate achievements of those who work there.
co-workers are great
Driver (Current Employee), St. John's NLMarch 7, 2014
Pros: mobile field staff & lab staff great
Cons: poor management
Management needs to get their stuff together so everyone is on the same page. as for hours you are told up front hours are this, but you start out getting a lot, get use to it, then they decide to hire more drivers to cut everyone's hours. Not good for morale.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 10, 2014
Cons: constantly changing directions
Made some good friends while there
Best volunteers anywhere
Great work place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Saint John NBFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers
Cons: i don't really have any cons
I loved working here but they consolidated with Halifax so we were severed.
Great place to work.
Regional Manager, Donor Testing (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2014
CBS is a great place to work and provides an important service to the Canadian public.
Love my co workers
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: working with my colleagues
Cons: driving to clinics sometimes it is long
A typical day at work consists of driving to my clinic setting up the clinic and working with my colleagues and donors.

The donors are the people who volunteer their time to come and donate blood in need for other people. That is the most rewarding
of my profession
Enjoyable place to work
SAP Master Data / Fundraising Administrator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 4, 2013
Pros: work family balance
they try to have work / family balance which is a big deal. ..................................................................................................................................................
a great place to work with never ending changes
Scheduler/Time Keeper (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 2, 2013
Pros: the staff and the people i meet
Cons: long travel time
There was never a day that started or ended the same.I learned that it is not the job that makes the day its the people and the accomplishments.

1 2 3

About Canadian Blood Services

Canadian Blood Services is a not-for-profit, charitable organization whose sole mission is to manage the blood and blood products – Read more