Canadian Blood Services

Canadian Blood Services Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Placement
CSR (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 11, 2015
I found it hard to get through late hours and such short shifts, I prefer now to not be considered for this type of work.

There was a great atmosphere and all the employees were very friendly.
front line works burnt out!management/ executives will always point fingers at employees
driver (Current Employee), BramptonMarch 23, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: management, work hours ( dont expect to see your family).
Where to start.....gossip, stress and minimual support from management. To much negativity in the building. Employer has very little understanding of how thw jobs r being done. Example. A driver only drivers 20% or so the rest is setting up computers, shipping the blood organizing rhe blood tubes during clinics. Oh an id ur scheduled to be finished at 8pm dont count on it book ir plans for the next day.. oh wait cant do that.. why u ask because the next day ur shift starts at 4am. Each day drivers have a different start time n end time .. shifts range from 4hrs to 14hrs through the week with very little consistency. Now as for job description. Good luck CBS has been telling employees they will have a job description for the new positions ppl are currently in, that was 2 yrs ago( staff r still waiting).
I could write a book about how the moral is plugged to an all time low. Great company when it was a small setup, employees would take part in all areas of the job regardless of assigned duties. Now it is not so nor will it every get bk to that.

If u have no love ones n just want to work no questions asked regardless of the hours.. this place is for u
A friendly and new learning environment
Administrative Assistant - From (Former Employee), College StreetFebruary 15, 2015
While working at Canadian Blood Services, I felt very welcomed and the responsibilities and tasks provided to me were easy to adapt to.
CBS is a great place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Ottawa OntarioFebruary 1, 2015
CBS is a great place to work and provides an important service to the Canadian public

There was never a day that started or ended the same.I learned that it is not the job that makes the day its the people and the accomplishments.

I enjoyed all of the jobs love being busy and being organised.
Fast pace environment, people are nice, managers are not the best but try, you play an active role in life saving on a day to day basis and it can be very rewarding. Hardest part of the job was the lack of communications within departments and the computer softwares which was stressfull and frustrating at times but I always managed very well. Most enjoyable part of the job is when you are told you saved a life.

Great office staff. Learned many things regarding the obtaining and processing of blood to help individuals who require it.
A fun place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee), Eden Church MeadowvaleFebruary 1, 2015
A highly organized workplace that allows us to learn along with hands on experience in phlebotomy. We also learnt how to greet patients and help them after they have donated blood.
Work that needed high accuracy and precession.
Donor Services Representative (Current Employee), CalgaryJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: wast knowedge regarding transfusione medicine
Cons: tidious some time
I believe, Science is interesting subject to me. While working as laboratory technologist, I found it needs 100% attention and accurate manual dexterity. Most attractive part of work was TAT.
Welcoming environment and very thankful for help
Refreshments Provider/Registration Consultant (Former Employee), Yorkton, SKJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: only accessible every few months
Volunteering at Canadian Blood Services was always a good experience. The managers were always very thankful, understanding, and kind to both new and returning volunteers.
No room for employee opinon supervisor can just treat you like kid and ignore all your complain
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), TorontoDecember 15, 2014
Pros: very nice donors helping to save a live.
Cons: staff gossip, management need to treat every employee with respect.
Very negative work place dont complain if you are being treated wrongfully you will become the problem and get fired.Only favouritism is supervisor biggest strength.
Being able to go to work and know you're helping to save lives
Donor Services Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: great wages and vacation time
Cons: long commute and long hours some days
Although I love what I do for Canadian Blood Services as a Phlebotomist and as a Donor Services Representative, the hardest part of the job is the commute. By the time I get to work I'm already exhausted, having to drive from Abbotsford to Vancouver. It's not condusive to a non-stressful lifestyle so I am in need of a great change. I would love to have a job that allows me to be closer to home.
The fact that I know when I get to work every day, I'm helping to save lives, is the greatest part about working for this company. I work with some amazing people that put themselves out there every day, and give of themselves completely while on the job. It's inspiring and encouraging.
I like the organization as a whole
Assistant (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONOctober 24, 2014
Pros: i got to help people, talk to people, and i got free cookies
Cons: un paid
I was a volunteer. On a typical day I would come in, set up the tables, make coffee, distribute Newspapers and sit patiently waiting to assist patients. My duty was to sign and date their donation cards, make them feel comfortable and be prepared for an emergency if they were to react negatively to giving blood. The management and co workers were all incredibly friendly and I enjoyed working along side them. I learned a lot about what their organization does, and how many people they help and it was interesting to see how dedicated people were to the cause. The job wasn`t difficult, and I never had the opportunity to face an emergency. My only complaint was the commute in the mornings to get there. I enjoyed the job thoroughly, and loved talking to patient and co workers,
Great
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 24, 2014
Great opportunity
Biochemistry and microbiology techniques
Buyer, Shared Services
Buyer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 8, 2014
Great experience, friendly colleagues, always work to do.
Long Days Behind the Computer and Phone
Customer Service Representive (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 24, 2014
I believe that it is a good place for people who are interested in working with a computer and telephone for 8 hours a day.
Reporting staff were wonderful
Director (Former Employee), Ottawa OnJune 25, 2014
Pros: fun times with staff
Cons: long days
Days were full, enjoyed the team work and team play. Great Staff
Productive and fun place to work
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 11, 2014
Productive and fun place to work; great people around. Team work mentality and inspiring information exchange and collaboration with other research areas directly connect to the University of Alberta.
volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), AllistonMay 16, 2014
volunteer blood donor
donate blood every 56 days
enjoy giving back to the communityu
productive and fun place to work
Employee Relations Generalist (Contract) (Former Employee), TorontoApril 9, 2014
excellent benefits and open door policy. Great place to work and this place fosters growth and development
Productive and fun place to volunteer.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 8, 2014
Pros: free snacks and coffee/tea/pop
Cons: standing for long periods, no phones allowed.
I did not get paid as I was a volunteer. Besides that, I love being able to help people. A typical day involves making a pot of coffee and offering them to donors who have just donated some blood. It is not as gory as it sounds.
Not a very productive and reliable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 25, 2014
Team members were very disrespectful of other employees and guidelines and moral was not followed.
Awful work environment
Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 14, 2014
Cons: everything about it!!
Horrible replenished staff from all sudbury call centres with no education..I would never recommend anyone I know to work there.

1 2 3

About Canadian Blood Services

Canadian Blood Services is a not-for-profit, charitable organization whose sole mission is to manage the blood and blood products – Read more