Canadian Blood Services Employee Reviews

This was a wonderful rewarding company to work for.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 15, 2016
I started working for this company when it was Canadian Red Cross.
It evolved into Canadian Blood Services. It was a rewarding place to work. You always felt like you were helping and making a difference in peoples lives. It was a company of constant change..always keeping on top of the most recent technology. The atmosphere aided in making you very adaptable to change. I feel I was very lucky to have made my career with this establishment.
Pros
Company offered many learning experiences...online courses, conferences, in house training, etc.
Providing Sudbury and beyond the community with much needed blood products
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 6, 2016
CBS is a call-centered approach to scheduling and review of donors and potential donors. Keeping in contact and encouraging repeat donations is an important part of a healthy community that supports its' vital services including medical.
Pros
Predicatable work enviromment and hours
Cons
part-time employment
supervisor is a witch
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJuly 18, 2016
Most of the staff are nice but the supervisor is a bully. You can do nothing right here and the clinic manager lets her get away with it.
It is not right the way people get treated.
Cons
work every day for 4 or 5 hours ?
Friendly environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCJune 17, 2016
Donors are very friendly and remind me how important it is to always give back to my community. The most enjoyable part of my day is listening to donors day plans or stories.
Pros
free snacks
Good Environment for all
Laboratory Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 15, 2016
The West labs Bodycote testing group, however, runs a business although it provides the information regarding the environment by testing the water sample, soil samples, bitumen's etc.
Great Opportunity For First Job
Blood Services Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ONMarch 1, 2016
An easy way to break into the work market. Enjoyed helping people while they donated blood. Makes you feel good to be providing a service like this...
Pros
Good deeds
Cons
Not a fan of needles
Fun place to work
Donation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONFebruary 7, 2016
The work is fun and great to talk to different people who would like to help out others by donating. Nice work environment.
Productive and good job security
Laboratory Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2016
Co-worker's were easy to get along with. Receive blood orders from hospitals, pack and send blood orders to hospitals. Receive fractionation blood products and store accordingly.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Heavy shipments of blood component products.
Amazing Supervisor
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2015
Loved working with my volunteers.
Became very good friends with some of my co-workers
Reasonable flexibility
Walking distance from home.
Pros
Amazing Supervisor
Cons
Bad staff moral
Nice place to work.
Medial Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 31, 2015
Good place to work. I met a lot of people, developed new skills, increased myself worth to the company, be motivated and always willing to help and be a part of the team is the most enjoyable part of the job. Everyday has a new ways to learn and productivities increases endlessly.
Pros
free parking
Cons
very physical
Welcoming Place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 3, 2015
I loved doing volunteering work here. They offered great shift option and were always kind and understanding of my school schedule.
Pros
Free lunches, nice people
Cons
Shift schedule can get a little complicated
Rewarding job that help saves people lives by taking blood.
Phlebotomist/ LPN (Current Employee) –  Saint John, N.BSeptember 30, 2015
Good place to work for. There's a lot of travel with a good bunch of staff. Travel is 3-4 days away a week. Meet lots of nice people who are donating blood and their time for free. The pay for staff is decent and great benefits.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Being away for 3-4 days a week
Very good
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 19, 2015
Canadian Blood Services is a pretty stable organization with good benefits for the employees.
Given the opportunity to be rehired will be an honor because people there are very professional, kind-hearted and and very courteous.
The workplace is pleasant and you can easily deal with people around you.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
carrying of heavy loads of blood in trolleys
Terrible management unwilling to consider employee
Donor services (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 30, 2015
I requested a Leave of Absence from my part-time position OR to go on the casual roster. The department was frequently working short or paying over-time so I thought my request was a win-win. My manager claimed that they received direction from their supervisor to refuse my request. I was forced to quit due to their lack of give-and-take and lack of consideration for employee life situations.
Pros
friendly donors
Cons
no respect or consideration from management
Calm Environment
Clerk/Group Booker (Former Employee) –  BramptonMay 21, 2015
Everyday you have to send a reminders email to the donors and group donors also the Territory Managers reminding them about there appointment.
learned about there software they use.
great team
Placement
CSR (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONApril 11, 2015
I found it hard to get through late hours and such short shifts, I prefer now to not be considered for this type of work.

There was a great atmosphere and all the employees were very friendly.
front line works burnt out!management/ executives will always point fingers at employees
driver (Current Employee) –  BramptonMarch 23, 2015
Where to start.....gossip, stress and minimual support from management. To much negativity in the building. Employer has very little understanding of how thw jobs r being done. Example. A driver only drivers 20% or so the rest is setting up computers, shipping the blood organizing rhe blood tubes during clinics. Oh an id ur scheduled to be finished at 8pm dont count on it book ir plans for the next day.. oh wait cant do that.. why u ask because the next day ur shift starts at 4am. Each day drivers have a different start time n end time .. shifts range from 4hrs to 14hrs through the week with very little consistency. Now as for job description. Good luck CBS has been telling employees they will have a job description for the new positions ppl are currently in, that was 2 yrs ago( staff r still waiting).
I could write a book about how the moral is plugged to an all time low. Great company when it was a small setup, employees would take part in all areas of the job regardless of assigned duties. Now it is not so nor will it every get bk to that.

If u have no love ones n just want to work no questions asked regardless of the hours.. this place is for u
Pros
co workers
Cons
management, work hours ( dont expect to see your family).
A friendly and new learning environment
Administrative Assistant - From (Former Employee) –  College StreetFebruary 15, 2015
While working at Canadian Blood Services, I felt very welcomed and the responsibilities and tasks provided to me were easy to adapt to.
CBS is a great place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa OntarioFebruary 1, 2015
CBS is a great place to work and provides an important service to the Canadian public

There was never a day that started or ended the same.I learned that it is not the job that makes the day its the people and the accomplishments.

I enjoyed all of the jobs love being busy and being organised.
Fast pace environment, people are nice, managers are not the best but try, you play an active role in life saving on a day to day basis and it can be very rewarding. Hardest part of the job was the lack of communications within departments and the computer softwares which was stressfull and frustrating at times but I always managed very well. Most enjoyable part of the job is when you are told you saved a life.

Great office staff. Learned many things regarding the obtaining and processing of blood to help individuals who require it.
A fun place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Eden Church MeadowvaleFebruary 1, 2015
A highly organized workplace that allows us to learn along with hands on experience in phlebotomy. We also learnt how to greet patients and help them after they have donated blood.

Canadian Blood Services Reviews by Location