Canadian Blood Services Employee Reviews

This was a wonderful rewarding company to work for.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 15, 2016
I started working for this company when it was Canadian Red Cross.
It evolved into Canadian Blood Services. It was a rewarding place to work. You always felt like you were helping and making a difference in peoples lives. It was a company of constant change..always keeping on top of the most recent technology. The atmosphere aided in making you very adaptable to change. I feel I was very lucky to have made my career with this establishment.
Pros
Company offered many learning experiences...online courses, conferences, in house training, etc.
Providing Sudbury and beyond the community with much needed blood products
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 6, 2016
CBS is a call-centered approach to scheduling and review of donors and potential donors. Keeping in contact and encouraging repeat donations is an important part of a healthy community that supports its' vital services including medical.
Pros
Predicatable work enviromment and hours
Cons
part-time employment
Good Environment for all
Laboratory Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 15, 2016
The West labs Bodycote testing group, however, runs a business although it provides the information regarding the environment by testing the water sample, soil samples, bitumen's etc.
Friendly environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCJune 17, 2016
Donors are very friendly and remind me how important it is to always give back to my community. The most enjoyable part of my day is listening to donors day plans or stories.
Pros
free snacks
Productive and good job security
Laboratory Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 5, 2016
Co-worker's were easy to get along with. Receive blood orders from hospitals, pack and send blood orders to hospitals. Receive fractionation blood products and store accordingly.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Heavy shipments of blood component products.
Great Opportunity For First Job
Blood Services Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ONMarch 1, 2016
An easy way to break into the work market. Enjoyed helping people while they donated blood. Makes you feel good to be providing a service like this...
Pros
Good deeds
Cons
Not a fan of needles
Nice place to work.
Medial Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 31, 2015
Good place to work. I met a lot of people, developed new skills, increased myself worth to the company, be motivated and always willing to help and be a part of the team is the most enjoyable part of the job. Everyday has a new ways to learn and productivities increases endlessly.
Pros
free parking
Cons
very physical
Fun place to work
Donation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONFebruary 7, 2016
The work is fun and great to talk to different people who would like to help out others by donating. Nice work environment.
Rewarding job that help saves people lives by taking blood.
Phlebotomist/ LPN (Current Employee) –  Saint John, N.BSeptember 30, 2015
Good place to work for. There's a lot of travel with a good bunch of staff. Travel is 3-4 days away a week. Meet lots of nice people who are donating blood and their time for free. The pay for staff is decent and great benefits.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Being away for 3-4 days a week
Amazing Supervisor
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2015
Loved working with my volunteers.
Became very good friends with some of my co-workers
Reasonable flexibility
Walking distance from home.
Pros
Amazing Supervisor
Cons
Bad staff moral
Very good
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 19, 2015
Canadian Blood Services is a pretty stable organization with good benefits for the employees.
Given the opportunity to be rehired will be an honor because people there are very professional, kind-hearted and and very courteous.
The workplace is pleasant and you can easily deal with people around you.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
carrying of heavy loads of blood in trolleys
Terrible management unwilling to consider employee
Donor services (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 30, 2015
I requested a Leave of Absence from my part-time position OR to go on the casual roster. The department was frequently working short or paying over-time so I thought my request was a win-win. My manager claimed that they received direction from their supervisor to refuse my request. I was forced to quit due to their lack of give-and-take and lack of consideration for employee life situations.
Pros
friendly donors
Cons
no respect or consideration from management
Welcoming Place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 3, 2015
I loved doing volunteering work here. They offered great shift option and were always kind and understanding of my school schedule.
Pros
Free lunches, nice people
Cons
Shift schedule can get a little complicated
CBS is a great place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa OntarioFebruary 1, 2015
CBS is a great place to work and provides an important service to the Canadian public

There was never a day that started or ended the same.I learned that it is not the job that makes the day its the people and the accomplishments.

I enjoyed all of the jobs love being busy and being organised.
Fast pace environment, people are nice, managers are not the best but try, you play an active role in life saving on a day to day basis and it can be very rewarding. Hardest part of the job was the lack of communications within departments and the computer softwares which was stressfull and frustrating at times but I always managed very well. Most enjoyable part of the job is when you are told you saved a life.

Great office staff. Learned many things regarding the obtaining and processing of blood to help individuals who require it.
Being able to go to work and know you're helping to save lives
Donor Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 17, 2014
Although I love what I do for Canadian Blood Services as a Phlebotomist and as a Donor Services Representative, the hardest part of the job is the commute. By the time I get to work I'm already exhausted, having to drive from Abbotsford to Vancouver. It's not condusive to a non-stressful lifestyle so I am in need of a great change. I would love to have a job that allows me to be closer to home.
The fact that I know when I get to work every day, I'm helping to save lives, is the greatest part about working for this company. I work with some amazing people that put themselves out there every day, and give of themselves completely while on the job. It's inspiring and encouraging.
Pros
great wages and vacation time
Cons
long commute and long hours some days
No room for employee opinon supervisor can just treat you like kid and ignore all your complain
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  TorontoDecember 15, 2014
Very negative work place dont complain if you are being treated wrongfully you will become the problem and get fired.Only favouritism is supervisor biggest strength.
Pros
very nice donors helping to save a live.
Cons
staff gossip, management need to treat every employee with respect.
Work that needed high accuracy and precession.
Donor Services Representative (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 28, 2015
I believe, Science is interesting subject to me. While working as laboratory technologist, I found it needs 100% attention and accurate manual dexterity. Most attractive part of work was TAT.
Pros
wast knowedge regarding transfusione medicine
Cons
tidious some time
A very welcoming atmosphere with happy workers.
Medical Laboratory Assistant- Donor testing (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 21, 2013
In my current position we rotate start times. This can be very helpful if you have children or appointments you have to keep without having to use your appointment time during working hours. Everyone is held accountable for their mistakes. Supervisors and managers will talk to you if something was not done according to the Standard Operating Procedure. This is done in a very positive manor to help support your growth as an employee within the company.
Pros
6 am start shifts, and 5 pm start shifts
Cons
have to pay for parking.
great company to work for
Donor Services Representative - Part time (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ONJuly 30, 2012
Greeting Donors at the donor clinics, inputting data and printing information
I have learned how to treat everyone with repect and in a friendly manner
My co-workers are wonderful and very postitive
The hardest part of the job is the travelling from town to town
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all kinds of people and making them feel welcome
Pros
meeting people, very busy, working on the computers
Cons
travelling, hours
Bussy and well organized place.
Full time Medical Lab.Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton.OnNovember 10, 2012
I'm proud to work for Canadian Blood services.It is place where you fill that you have a chance to save lives on the other people.
Be part of the Canadian bloood services for me is to be a part of the people who work hard to help the other peoples who realy need help.I start like phlebotomist in blood collection,then afther two years iI work in the donor testing and now I work in distribution of blood and blood products.
Pros
enough space for all, of the activities what we have.technicaly and phisically well organized.
Cons
enough hours per week.

Canadian Blood Services Reviews by Location