Canadian Armed Forces Employee Reviews

Armored Soldier
Armored Crewman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 March 2013
Operated and maintained armored vehicles, their equipment and weapons systems in a combat role.
Pros
lots of time off.
Cons
lots of time away from home.
Excellent organization to work for
Artillery soldier, CP SIG/TECH (Current Employee) –  Petawawa, ON15 February 2013
As a signaler and technician in an artillery command post I would be constantly multi-tasking. Keeping track of information, geographical locations while communitcating over the net using proper voice procedure and with the people in the command post. Updating them on the status of our forces and computing and updating the computer with information as required. I also would be scribbing down information and relaying only the vital information to my chain of command.
Sometimes all of this would be happening while we were under attack by enemy forces, like in Afghanistan or when we were engaged in a fire mission.
I enjoy working in a dynamic team, and I have become close with my co-workers like family. The hardest part about my job is establishing these relationships and then being deployed, or posted to different units, or sections. Making new bonds and friendships are easy for me but it is hard when you have come so close with your other team members. Although I can say I am used to change, and embrace it.
The most enjoyable part about my job is serving my country and being a proud member of the Canadian armed forces. I enjoy making a difference in the world and with this job I have definitely accomplished that.
Pros
different daily challenges and problems to overcome
Cons
lack of international missions at the present time
Very exciting career
Naval Communicator and Trucker (Former Employee) –  Different locations around the world1 February 2013
Every day there was something new to do. Completed two Overseas tours of duty and one Domestic Operation.
Pros
see different parts of the world and meet new people
Cons
very physically demanding
Challenging and rewarding experience.
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 January 2013
I was in the infantry, so there was no typical day, everyday was a different thing. I really don't have enough room to write what I learned over 20 years, numerous courses and tours of duty. I learned discipline, responsibility, dedication, accountability, honour, committment, respect and loyalty. My co-workers were harding and all of the above.The hardest part of my job was leaving the forces and the most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers and the sense of accomplishment.
Pros
the training and commoderie
Cons
nil
An amazing life to start with
Armored Crew Commander (Current Employee) –  John Graves Simcoe Armouries29 January 2013
The Canadian Armed Forces is an amazing organization to work for as a young person to mature into adulthood with.
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
long hours.
Very team oriented.
Armoured Corps/Teletype and Cipher Technician (Former Employee) –  Cfb Kingston26 January 2013
Setting new accounts on a very large network. Troubleshooting reported errors and user problems. Working very closely with a great group of people to acheive a common goal.
Pros
great benefits, opportunities for kinowledge upgrading.
Dynamic and Fast paced Enviorment
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 January 2013
Management of Civilian Employees and Military Members
Monthly Reports
Inventory Control
Budgetary Enviorment
Project Management
Pros
people
Military has been excellent overall
Avionics technician (Former Employee) –  Shearwater, NS2 January 2013
Can be a demanding work environment
I have learned a tremendous amount of important principles and skills from the Armed Forces
For the most management has been very up to the task
Co-Workers have been mostly a positive and learning experience
Hardest part of military service has been family separation
The most enjoyable has been a 5 year tour in Germany
Pros
free room and board in training and on ships.
Cons
extended deployments
Great learning experience and feeling of pride serving Canada.
Private Soldier (Former Employee) –  Moss Park Armoury, Toronto, ON29 December 2012
A typical day at work consisted of performing firearm and marching drills. On different days we also had lectures. Although my commanding officers were very strict, there was always a purpose for every action, and the learning techniques used in the forces were very effective. The hardest part of the job was distance i had to travel. Even though the job was very physically demanding, i had learned a lot along the away.
Pros
the learninng experience was very ruch and valuable
Cons
distance travelled and other personal reasons
I learnt allot in the army.
D.N.D. (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB17 December 2012
I learnt self discipline and how to push myself physicly more than I ever thought possible.
Confidence and miltary traits taught to me through the years
ADMINISTRATION/FINANCE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON4 December 2012
The Life Style of the Miliatry has instilled in me self-confdence, discipline, loyalty, integrity dependability and the chance to progress through the military ranks. It was enjoyable to work with co-workers and become one cohesive body of administrators.
Pros
excellent opportunity to see the world and great pay
Cons
on duty 24 hours a day, but you get used to it
I was a diffent way of life
Gunner (Former Employee) –  2 horse in petawwa ont17 November 2012
0530 wake up,Pt for an hour useally 2.5 km run.then inspection and to carie out the tasks for the day. cleaning wepons taken courses and such. i learned how to work as a team. And what u can do if u do work as a team. Also learned how to fire and maintain many differnt wepons. Co - workers were useally fine u can get to much buy your staff being in the army.the hardest part of my job was the being away from friends and family. the best parts was going places and seeing things fireing wepons was kinda the iceing on the cake.
Pros
lots of room to move up
Cons
the amount of time it takes away from you life
should never had got out of the army
armoured driver (Former Employee) –  cfb calgary7 November 2012
all aspects of being a soldier, learning the vehicles and weapons i would use, esprit to core, travel, postings, peace keeper, etc.
Pros
loved being a soldier
Fast paced, learning enviroment
Radio Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 October 2012
Very team oriented as a communications member we worked many housr in the field training on equipment so that we could become proficient when needed.
Pros
time off
Cons
months away
Cant talk about it
Army (Former Employee) –  North Bay17 October 2012
Cant talk about it, You would have to join to find out for yourself. Its one of those jobs where everything is a secret.
Pros
good career
Cons
not for every one
Canadian Armed Forces
Canadian Armed Forces - 1 Combat Engineer Regiment (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC29 September 2012
Extremely fulfilling career, superior peer support. Feeling of accomplishing, and self worth. Very good environment for motivation and learning how to work as a team. Recommend this as a career path.
Pros
comradeship, self worth and team building
Cons
long times away from family and friends
hard work
CORPORAL RANK (Former Employee) –  victoria,bc28 September 2012
get up at 5:00 oclock in morning,do a long run,go for breakfast do labour intensive activities,we were like one big family
No life like it
Combat arms (Former Employee) –  Petawawa Ottawa16 September 2012
The CF keeps you in a place of constant challenge and achievement. Very good value added career.
good
solider (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON28 August 2012
travel alot work all the time, training move around alot. most of the time having training and instruction
Professional and relaxing atmospher, friendly place to work, enjoy the security, nice how everyone is helpful and patient
Dental Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 July 2012
I enjoyed showing up to see everyone, great bunch of people to work with. I learned, a varity a experiences Ex. Reception Skills, compture skills, learned new procedures at the Dental chair, learned to relax and enjoy my work place.

Management, was very pleasant and easy to approch if needed. My Co- Workers were amazing group of people to work with. I looked forward to showing up everyday at work. You were always greeted with a smile and laughter in the morning. I can't say, there was really any hard time at my job, the only harest part was saying good-bye to the job and co-workers. Most enjoyable part was the patients and co-workers. Never felt stressed, was a great part of the job.
Pros
perfect hours, good staff, good salary, healthy work enviroment

4.5