Canadian Armed Forces Employee Reviews

Atlantic Galley for life
Intern (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS23 May 2017
this was something I will never forget the Operation Deep reach program gave me so many memories, and experience that is necessary for life. I will always remember the guys in the kitchen and the hard work that went on everyone was so dedicated to giving us the best experience possible
Dedicated Co-Workers and Friendly Atmosphere
Armoured Crewman (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2017
As I am still serving, the opportunities currently available are quite extensive and have many ways to move forward. Most information I am unable to disclose, but what I am able to disclose is that you will not find a better group of men to work with that are dedicated and willing to lay down their lives for those around them.
Pros
Serve my country, work alongside men of excellent calibers, train to be my best self
Good job
Vehicle Technician (Current Employee) –  Wainwright, AB16 May 2017
Great atmosphere and training opportunities. Very tight knit group of people with a very family based mentality. Great benefits. Pay could be better but is completely liveable
Well taken care of financially, not so much mentally
Infantry Soldier (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON15 May 2017
Great way to start a life and gain confidence and discipline to do any task at hand. Physically and mentally strenuous with not much room for a life outside. Depending on your regiment, leadership may vary in terms of integrity which can be debilitating for morale.
Canadian Armed Forces
Naval Combat Information Operator (Current Employee) –  659 Lakeshore Blvd W, Toronto, ON10 May 2017
The Canadian Armed Forces is more than just a job, it's a lifestyle. The amount of experience and skills I have learned throughout my time in the CAF is extremely useful. I am proud to be able to serve our country and am glad that I have learned many different skills while doing so.
Pros
Good Salary and Benefits
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Amazing job
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 May 2017
This is a place where you can become the best of the best. The environment is short of a family. Takes a lot of commitment but is worth the experience.
Pros
Job security and benifits
Cons
A lot of commitment you have to be willing to give
Team work
Master Corporal (Former Employee) –  world wide6 May 2017
This is the best challenge you could ask for the travel is great the work place environment is over all good. The job security and training is excellent.
hard to Keep up
Cpl. (Current Employee) –  Various4 May 2017
The military was a great variety in daily life, office, field, and vehicle time all played apart.
The culture was some thing no troop will ever forget and is the real reason we stay. the brother hood.
I loved the Travel, and the people, and knoing I had made a difference for Canada. in the end this is a job meant for younger people and age catches us all.
Infantryman
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2017
It was a great experience. It looks great on a resume as well. Learned a lot of hands on skills. With the new government I wouldn't suggest applying for the Canadian Army though hah
was a great experience
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Quebec2 May 2017
The army was very interesting. There was lots you could do but at the same time not really. Waiting for training programs takes to long also. The people you met were also great.

Want to know more about Canadian Armed Forces?

Ask a question
Productive workplace
(CAF) - Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC1 May 2017
Since I am still enrolled in the Candian Armed Forces every Thursday nights we parade and learn about what us Combat Engineers do. We always use up the time we have responsibly.
Pros
Weekend Exercises
Cons
I can't miss any training nights
Military life
Resource Management Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON24 April 2017
Great security and career life
Community feeling
Hard to pass medical and especially BMQ
Trades training
But once your in you have a great life of possibilities in some aspects
Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Master Corporal (Former Employee) –  Various bases in Canada21 April 2017
Best job that I ever had. Stable employment. Life long friends. Learned various pieces of equipment to operate. Hardest part of the job is time spent away from family.
not bad
Infantryman in training (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB14 April 2017
good money but be ready to work hard and make sacrifices. Good dental plan, good health plan, good pay, cheap meals, but it does not come easily. Requires dedication.
Soldiers Life
Master Corporal - Finance - Unit Orderly Room (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2017
What can I say, I believe every able bodied Canadian should do a minimum of 3 years service. The experience is priceless. Pays good, full benefits, whole shebang.
great
Infantry Soldier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 April 2017
love the army will never leave. you make friends that are like family. you will have long days but the experiences you have will build a better future
Pros
great pay
Great career
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Canada3 April 2017
The possibilities are only limited by your desire to achieve.
Strong work ethic and self discipline is a definite asset. Don't worry though, it will be taught to you at all levels of training.
working in the armed forces.
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON31 March 2017
being a member of the Canadian armed Forces was an honor. lot's of good people and a true scene of brotherhood. you get what you put into it. to serve in the army i felt like i was truly making a difference.
I learned alot
Military (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON27 March 2017
I have had the most amazing experiences, 4 tours over seas. Met a lot of great people from home and abroad. You can get the chance to do different courses, which is highly encouraged. There is numerous sacrifices, but the it well out weighed by the people you meet and the friends you will develop.
Pros
Meet alot of different people
Cons
Possibly away alot
Must dedicate to whats best for country
Administrative Clerk and placing (Former Employee) –  Canada24 March 2017
excellent experience during 23 years employment in CAF, may still be with the forces if not for some medical issues that at the time prevented me from deployment
Pros
great benefits/pension
Cons
must be truly dedicated