The main duties of the Research and Development Chemist are summarised below:
- Manage new projects in accordance with written procedures.
- Formulation, organoleptic, analytical parameters and customer performance expectations.
- Manage old projects
- Optimizing existing formulations, procedures and processes
- Review of critical parameters such as mesh size, particle size, bulk and tapped densities for solid doses; refractive index, specific gravity, pH for liquid formulations; blend homogeneity.
- Formulation projects
- Process Projects
- Development Projects
- Technology transfers to the production floor.
- Require a university degree and a minimum of two (2) years of working experience in a pharmaceutical or food setting.
- Excellent communication in both verbal and written formats for external and internal customers.
- Good physical ability.
- Ability to maintain both physical and mental fitness and alertness.
- Able to work with others as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to communicate with the department supervisors and workers to insure seamless and transparent evaluation of in-process data and operations.
- Ability to run all the operations of the processing stages in effective and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency to prioritize activities.
- Attention to detail.
The Total Health Centre is a full-service, turn-key contract manufacturing company that has been involved in the Canadian Natural Health Products industry for the last 25 years.
Indeed - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -
CAL is a full service contract testing laboratory, specializing in pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, & cosmetic analysis. We have provided...