We are recruiting on behalf of a large financial institution located in the downtown core, currently seeking a progressive Chartered Accountant with strong technical skills and consulting/advisory experience from public accounting or industry. This role is part of the audit strategy and operations team, responsible for leading audit methodology and practices in compliance with IAA standards and the mandate of the Audit Division.
Are you interested in a role that interacts with business partners and the internal audit team? Would you like to leverage your consulting experience to develop and implement new audit methodologies? Do you have experience from a consulting or advisory group with a large public accounting firm?
Key responsibilities and oversight:
- Provide guidance, advice and tools to support planning, development and delivery of strategic initiatives to facilitate leading best practices and efficiency
- Provide recommendations and amendments to Internal Audit methodology and practices to achieve strategic objectives
- Build effective partnerships and consensus to implement integrated solutions across the IA dept.
- Work proactively with the business to ensure Operations Risk Managers are related programs are implemented in accordance with standards in a sustainable manner
- Provide support to audit teams and answer questions related to the interpretation of audit standards
- Communication operational risk policies, ensure implementation, and assess ongoing compliance
- Directly manage a team of individuals including oversight over project initiatives and deadlines
- Liaise with Quality Assurance Improvement Program team to identify opportunities for improvement
The company is offering an excellent compensation package including an attractive base salary and lucrative annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Canadian Chartered Accountant Designation (CA)
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent
- 7-10 years of progressive experience including experience in consulting or advisory roles
- Strong technical audit knowledge and experience developing/implementing audit methodologies
- Experience auditing companies in the financial services industry is considered an asset
- Project management experience, strong decision making and problem solving abilities
- Excellent time management skills, multi-tasking abilities and communication skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those with relevant experience will be contacted about this role specifically.