We are recruiting on behalf of TSX-listed employer in the financial services industry, currently looking for a new Manager of Accounting Policy to join their growing and collaborative team of professionals. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of IFRS and extensive experience working on accounting treatments.
Are you interested in working for a large financial institution in a progressive role advising on new accounting standards? Would you like to leverage your technical knowledge and research skills to consult on complex accounting issues? Are you looking for a high-quality opportunity with one of the top names in this sector?
Key responsibilities and oversight:
- Communicate and uphold the company’s accounting policies by providing interpretive guidance
- Research, evaluate and monitor current developments in the external financial environment
- Provide consultative function to business lines on accounting implications of complex transactions
- Ensure new accounting treatments comply with regulatory reporting requirements
- Involvement in quarterly financial reporting by reviewing and analyzing disclosures
- Actively interpret new IFRS principles and participate in the transition to new IFRS standards
- Assess impact of new accounting standards and Incorporate new initiatives into reporting strategy
The employer is offering an excellent compensation package for this level consisting of a lucrative base salary and significant annual bonus potential. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Canadian Chartered Accountant Designation (CA)
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent
- 8-10 years of progressive experience at a large public accounting firm
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and experience with accounting policy/advisory
- Extensive public company audit and complex technical accounting experience
- Consultative approach, provides ideas, advice and solutions for accounting treatments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience auditing and/or working in the financial services industry is considered an asset
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration via email and one of our consultants will contact you directly to discuss your candidacy and this opportunity in further detail. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those with relevant experience will be contacted about this role specifically.