We are recruiting on behalf of a mid-size company in the Technology sector, currently seeking a progressive Chartered Accountant with 5-10 years of experience who possesses extensive IFRS knowledge and expertise from public accounting or industry. This role will offer a broad scope of responsibilities including exposure to complex accounting transactions, financial reporting, internal controls, MD&A and note disclosures, financial analysis and presentation of financial results.
Are you interested in an external reporting role with growing company in the North GTA? Would you like to leverage your technical skills and audit experience in a complex and fast-paced environment? Do you have experience auditing public companies under IFRS?
Key responsibilities and oversight:
- Responsible for analysis of monthly results and lead monthly financial review meeting
- Preparation and analysis of accounting entries for complex accounting transactions
- Development and approval of accounting position papers with auditors on an on-going basis
- Prepare/review audit working papers, financial statement and note disclosure, and MD&A
- Responsible for establishing/maintaining an effective control environment over financial reporting
- Preparation, review and analysis of monthly scorecard and submission to senior management
- Coordination of income tax return preparation, tax compliance, external consultants and audits
- Review and gain an in-depth understanding of legal contracts to ensure compliance
The company is offering an excellent compensation package including an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Canadian Chartered Accountant Designation (CA)
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent
- 5-8 years of progressive experience including public company audit and/or external reporting
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS, including revenue and contract accounting is preferred
- Experience auditing companies in the technology or telecommunications sector is an asset
- Goal-oriented and able to work under pressure towards tight deadlines
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those with relevant experience will be contacted about this role specifically.