We are recruiting on behalf of a well-known organization in the retail industry, current seeking a progressive Chartered Accountant to join their financial reporting team. The ideal candidate will be a Manager in a large public accounting firm, looking for an opportunity to transition to industry in a reporting-focused role.
Are you interested in joining a top employer in the retail sector? Would you like to leverage your public accounting experience in a challenging and progressive role with high visibility to senior management?
Key responsibilities and oversight:
- Lead the preparation of financial statements and disclosures for external financial reporting
- Complete analysis on financial reporting and provide results and commentary to senior management
- Provide interpretation of technical accounting standards to support financial reporting
- Liaise with other functional areas to ensure accuracy and completeness of reporting disclosures
- Review and analysis of balance sheet and coordination of balance sheet reviews
- Ensure all processes and reporting activities are compliant with internal controls documentation
- Coordinate with information technology group to ensure optimization of financial reporting systems
The employer is offering an attractive compensation package consisting of a competitive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Canadian Chartered Accountant Designation (CA)
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a large public accounting firm or industry
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and experience auditing public companies
- Analytical and detail-oriented with excellent organizational and planning skills
- Demonstrated leadership and experience managing a team of accounting professionals
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration via email and one of our consultants will contact you directly to discuss your candidacy and this opportunity in further detail. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those with relevant experience will be contacted about this role specifically.