Would you like to leverage your International corporate tax experience to join a global tax team with a broad scope of responsibilities? Are you looking for a high-quality opportunity with a publicly-traded company with international operations? Are you interested in tax strategy, planning and research?
We are recruiting on behalf of TSX-listed Corporation in the mining sector, currently looking for a Tax Manager to be responsible for global tax planning, tax accounting & reporting, tax risk management and tax research. Reporting to the Director of Global Tax, this position is located Downtown Toronto.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
- Analysis, development and maintenance of tax optimization strategies for centralized functions
- Preparation of tax position papers with well-supported research and articulated recommendations
- Continually investigate opportunities to minimize current and deferred tax liabilities in Canada
- Review quarterly/annual tax provisions for each foreign operating, holding and finance companies
- Ensure the company’s foreign holding/financing/exploration subsidiaries are tax compliant
- Act as liaison with foreign advisors and sites to ensure satisfactory resolution of tax issues and audits
- Manage communication and implementation of changes to corporate tax reporting processes
- Stay informed of new developments affecting International and Canadian tax reporting environment
- Responsible for maintenance of contemporaneous documentation of intercompany transactions
The employer is offering an excellent compensation package for this level consisting of an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Canadian Chartered Accountant Designation (CA)
- 5-7 years of progressive experience at a large public accounting firm
- 3-5 years of experience focused in a Canadian or International Tax-focused position
- Tax compliance, provision and transfer pricing experience for large global companies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and prioritizing skills
- Completion of CICA in-depth courses 1 and 2 or MTax
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting and one of our consultants will contact you directly to discuss your candidacy and this opportunity in further detail. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those with relevant experience will be contacted about this role specifically.