We are recruiting on behalf of a global mining organization with producing operations, looking to hire for this newly-created position in their Toronto office. Reporting to the Director of Financial Reporting & Controls, this position is responsible for external reporting, accounting policies and internal controls.
Do you possess relevant industry experience from public accounting or a company in mining? Would you like to leverage your financial reporting and controls experience in a progressive environment? The employer is seeking a Chartered Accountant with excellent potential to progress within the organization.
Key oversight and responsibilities:
- Preparation of consolidated quarterly and annual external financial reporting and MD&A
- Internal control process improvements and development of standardized working papers
- Ensures NI 52-109 documentation is up to date and reflects current company-wide processes
- Assists with the implementation of best practice internal control frameworks in all groups
- Assists with the financial integration of new subsidiaries into the group when acquired
- Design, maintain and improve financial reporting controls to reduce risk of misstatement
- Preparation of financial information for the inclusion in TSX reporting and news releases
- Technical analysis of complex accounting matters and implementation of accounting policies
- Liaise with external auditors to resolve and achieve agreement on accounting policy issues
The employer is offering an excellent compensation package for this level consisting of an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full details of the remuneration will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Canadian Chartered Accountant Designation (CA)
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent
- 6-8 years of progressive and relevant experience (including public accounting)
- External auditing and/or financial reporting and controls experience in the mining industry
- Excellent understanding and interpretation of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Experience in an international environment dealing with operations in multiple jurisdictions
- Self-directed, motivated, accurate, precise, highly numerate and technically proficient
- Well-developed IT skills including advanced Excel proficiency
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting and one of our consultants will contact you directly. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those with relevant experience will be contacted about this role specifically, however we welcome the resumes of any CAs currently seeking new opportunities.o