Are you interested in joining an organization that is growing through acquisition? Would you like a broad tax role with exposure to Canadian and US tax to gain new experience and exposure? Are you looking for an opportunity with management responsibilities?
We are recruiting on behalf of a Canadian-based publicly-traded company located in the North GTA, currently seeking a Chartered Accountant with extensive Canadian corporate tax experience.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
- Responsible for managing the tax compliance function and mentoring a Financial Analyst
- Preparation of annual income tax returns, tax forms and information returns (T3, T5, T106, T1134B)
- Complete monthly filing of sales tax returns with the related tax authority (HST, QST, etc.)
- Prepare financial statement income tax notes in accordance with IFRS and tax rate reconciliations
- Manage the annual Canadian Depository for Securities (CDS) reporting for the company
- Preparation of tax provision calculations for quarterly and year-end financial reporting
- Prepare supporting analysis to maintain the transfer pricing documentation
- Manage income tax audits and deal with tax auditors when necessary
- Stay up-to-date with changing of tax system rates when required
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc reporting as required
- Support the preparation of US income tax returns
The employer is offering an attractive compensation package consisting of a competitive base salary and excellent annual performance bonus, along with company RSP contribution matching. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Chartered Accountant (CPA, CA) designation
- Experience with the preparation of complex corporate income tax returns
- Highly motivated with a keen interest in developing tax expertise
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical skills, initiative and attention to detail
- Strong tax accounting skills (IAS 12, ASC 740)
- Completion of CICA in-depth tax 1 and 2
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting and one of our consultants will contact you directly to discuss your candidacy. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those with relevant experience will be contacted about this role specifically.