We are recruiting on behalf of a Canadian-based company located in the North GTA, currently seeking a qualified Chartered Accountant with 1-3 years of industry experience to lead one of their Business Unit (BU) finance teams. This TSX-listed employer is poised for considerable growth in the coming years and would like to hire an ambitious self-starter who can progress to the Business Unit Controller level in 2-3 years.
Are you interested in joining a growing company in the technology sector? Would you like to support business operations by providing financial analysis and decision support? Would you like to leverage your analytical skills to review and present key financial results?
Key responsibilities and oversight:
- Lead the budgeting and forecast process to deliver concise and well-supported financial plans
- Providing accurate and timely variance analysis of financial information compared to plan
- Business partnering with BU stakeholders to assist them in understanding their financial results
- Prepare and present scorecard of financial results and key performance indicators
- Responsibility and ownership for balance sheet integrity and sign off
- Manage special finance projects and ad-hoc financial reviews
- Responsible for financial close of the P&L monthly
The company is offering a competitive compensation package consisting of an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Canadian Chartered Accountant Designation (CA)
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent
- 5-7 years of progressive experience, preferably with ‘Business Partnering’ experience
- Strong work ethic and motivated self-starter who works effectively at all levels
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong leadership, management and relationship-building skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly and one of our consultants will contact you. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those with relevant experience will be contacted about this role specifically.