We are recruiting on behalf of a diversified international mining organization with producing operations on 3 continents, looking to add this newly-created position to their Toronto office. Reporting to the VP Finance, this position is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of all group management reporting and Board report packages for the parent company, all subsidiaries and divisions.
Do you have extensive experience in the mining industry with global operations? Would you like to leverage your mining experience to lead the planning and analysis function of a global resources company? The employer is seeking a candidate currently working in the mining industry at the Senior Manager/Director level with relevant FP&A experience.
The employer is offering an excellent compensation package for this level consisting of an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full details of the total remuneration will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
Key reporting oversight and functional management:
- Develop the consolidated financial model with the ability to provide ongoing earnings forecasts
- Integration of new subsidiaries into the group when acquired to ensure reporting consistency
- Assist with streamlining reporting processes within subsidiaries to ensure timely/accurate reporting
- Preparation and development of consolidated financial management reports and monthly forecasts
- Work with the CFO and VP to develop appropriate long-range financial modelling and forecasting
- Assist management with to identify variances from budget and prepare commentary for the CFO
- Preparation of due diligence reports on potential new ventures for presentation to Management
- Maintain and keep up to date consolidated group budget and monthly forecasts incl. cashflow
- Development and maintenance of standardised rolling cashflow forecasts for each subsidiary
- Assist with ensuring rigid budget setting processes within the subsidiaries and ongoing review
- Assist with standardizing the layout of financial management reporting across all subsidiaries
- Ad-hoc accounting and finance projects related to business strategy and business planning
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Canadian Chartered Accountant Designation (CA)
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent
- 10-15 years in progressive roles leading to Senior Management
- Minimum of 8 years management accounting experience in the mining industry
- Well-developed IT skills including ERP systems, business intelligence software and Excel
- Experience in an international environment dealing with operations in multiple jurisdictions
- Self-directed, motivated, accurate, precise, highly numerate and technically proficient
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly and one of our consultants will contact you directly. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those with relevant experience will be contacted about this role specifically.