Are you interested in joining a distinguished market-leader in the investment management industry? Would you like to leverage your public accounting experience in a progressive and dynamic organization?
We are recruiting on behalf of a global asset management firm with their Canadian head office located in the downtown core. They are currently seeking a progressive Chartered Accountant to lead their Canadian internal audit function, overseeing multiple business lines within Canada.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
- Develop integrated audit plan with external auditors and lead the corporate audit leadership team
- Deliver results and solutions to enhance internal control environment & propose viable alternatives
- Lead and participate in complex audits and subject matters; deliver industry expertise & perspective
- Present audit results and recommendations to senior management and the audit committee
- Create and execute people development programs to support staff in their current roles
- Work closely with the business to provide strategic advice and counsel on risk-related matters
- Follow up on issues and recommended corrective actions to ensure proper resolution
- Continuously refine audit plans to ensure the team is supporting the highest risks/exposures
The employer is offering a lucrative compensation package consisting of an attractive base salary and significant performance bonus component, along with non-contributory RSP program and other monetary benefits. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Canadian Chartered Accountant Designation (CA)
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent
- 10+ years of progressive audit experience from a large public accounting firm
- Strong technical audit skills established within a risk management environment
- Hands-on work style and ?can do? attitude with a strong desire to influence change
- Well-developed presentation, interpersonal, business writing and communication skills
- Experience auditing companies in the financial services or investment management industry
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly and one of our consultants will contact you directly to discuss your candidacy. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those with relevant experience will be contacted about this role specifically.