Are you interested in joining a global company located in the North GTA that offers excellent work/life balance and opportunities for career progression? Are you looking for an opportunity that will allow you assist with new initiatives, process improvement and change management?
We are recruiting on behalf of large real estate organization, currently looking to fill this newly created role due to growth in the department. They are seeking a progressive Chartered Accountant in a Managerial role (public accounting or industry) to be responsible for controllership functions including financial reporting, internal controls, financial analysis and oversight of corporate accounting.
Key responsibilities and oversight:
- Reviews, recommends, develops and implements changes to accounting policies and processes
- Acts as a direct point of contact for and manages internal and external audit activities
- Prepares internal and external financial reports; consolidates and analyzes financial data
- Oversees the transactions processing, analysis, reconciliation, reporting and closing activities
- Maintains financial records, policies and processes in accordance with GAAP
- Accountable for integrity of financial information, entries, transactions and accounting systems
- Researches and recommends and assists with implementation of accounting systems and tools
- Responsible for compliance with reporting, internal and external audit requirements
The employer is offering an attractive compensation package consisting of an excellent base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Canadian Chartered Accountant Designation (CA)
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of post designation experience either or industry or at a large public accounting firm
- Strong process improvement abilities; adept at identifying and resolving issues
- Proven influencing and persuasion skills combined with excellent communication skills
- Advanced ability to research and apply accounting standards and principles
- Extensive knowledge of statutory regulatory compliance requirements
- Experience auditing companies in the real estate industry is an asset
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly through this posting and one of our consultants will contact you directly to discuss your candidacy. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those with relevant experience will be contacted about this role specifically.