We are recruiting on behalf of a well-known financial services organization located in the downtown core, currently seeking a progressive Chartered Accountant with excellent knowledge of financial instruments. This role will manage a team of two financial analysts and include a diverse mix of financial reporting, accounting policy and internal controls and regulatory compliance.
Are you interested in a role that interacts with other functional areas and non-financial groups? Would you like to leverage your experience auditing companies involved in the Capital Markets space? Do you possess strong technical knowledge of financial instruments including IFRS 9 and IAS 32?
Key responsibilities and oversight:
- Manage a team of two financial analysts by providing leadership, technical advice and support
- Responsible for ensuring accounting policies and procedures and financial reporting confirm to IFRS
- Direct the preparation of month-end and weekly revenue accruals and GL entries
- Govern the budget management function, quarterly forecasting and variance analysis
- Coordinate with finance department and capital markets business unit on all SOX 404 requirements
- Implement, maintain and enhance internal controls and recommend process improvements
- Participate in various corporate projects to ensure capital markets are taken into consideration
- Supervise monthly, quarterly and annual internal, shareholders, board and regulatory reporting
- Prepare materials requested for year-end and interim audits and operational audits
The company is offering an excellent compensation package including an attractive base salary and annual performance bonus. Full remuneration details will be disclosed to all candidates under consideration.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Canadian Chartered Accountant Designation (CA)
- 5-8 years of progressive experience from a large accounting firm or public-reporting company
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of financial instruments related to capital markets
- Experience auditing or working in relevant financial services companies is a requirement
- Knowledge of SOX 404 compliance requirements, OSFI regulatory reporting and Basel III
- Builds and maintains effective relationships in a team-based environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
All interested candidates should submit their résumé for consideration by applying directly to this posting -- one of our consultants will contact you directly. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those with relevant experience will be contacted about this role specifically.