Canadawide Scientific is looking for an individual to join our sales team. Canadawide Scientific is a 100% Canadian owned company serving the scientific and industrial communities across Canada since 1976. We offer a broad range of analytical instrumentation, field and laboratory equipment, everyday supplies and chemicals for an infinite number of applications. From sample collection to analysis, and from discovery to realization, Canadawide Scientific exceeds our customer's requirements in the areas of research, diagnostics, clinical, manufacturing and environmental industries. Our growing success is strongly anchored by an ISO 9001:2008 quality management system, a consistently expanding portfolio of innovative products, and the creation of a superior customer experience.
To grow revenue through new account acquisition and cultivating existing customers by driving CWS’s market presence within a defined territory covering many business segments.
This position requires a motivated sales professional who excels at growing revenue through new account acquisitions and cultivating existing customers. This position will drive Canadawide Scientific’s market presence within a defined territory covering many business segments. The key role in the position will be to develop and implement strategic plans to increase sales while maximizing profitability.
This position requires a motivated individual that will begin his/her career at our Ottawa head office developing customer relationships. He/she will be involved with direct customer contact within a specified territory. A strong sales background with a proven track record preferably within the scientific community is preferred. The successful candidate must possess the ability to establish strong customer relationships, be a self-starter who is able to work independently, with solid analytical skills to structure and process data. This individual is skilled in planning, organizing, and goal setting. A University degree, preferably in a science discipline is required. Travel required
Customer contact frequency:
- Develop and foster customer relationships within a defined territory.
- Contact and develop new customers for Canadawide Scientific.
- Complete requests for prices and quote appropriately when required.
- Answer product questions and research product information.
- Enter order and quote information accurately using order entry software.
- Assist inside sales team with volume overflow.
- Qualify requests for quotation.
- Prepare pricing and send out quotes.
- Follow up quotations and process sales.
- RFQ and tender requests when applicable
- Advise quote coordinator on win/lose information.
New customer acquisitions:
- Expand current customer base within a defined territory.
- Develop sales strategies and explore new market segments for potential growth.
- Complete detailed weekly call reports.
- Communicate routinely with manager on activity within a defined territory.
- Produce a monthly report on activity, opportunities and concerns.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Computer skills.