Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

a lot of miscommunication.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2016
poor management. people or colleagues are always gossiping that's why a lot of good workers leave. hardest part of the job, you don't have a day off..
Pros
sometimes free snacks
Cons
Hardworking when it comes to job, and grateful working with good people
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC, CanadaJune 11, 2016
Working in a foreign place is a challenge for a family man like me, leaving my family in our own country is difficult but for the future of my children I will do the best I can.
As a Store Supervisor in a Gas Station is not an easy job. I encounter some problems regarding gas price suddenly change and the customer complains. I Also encountered a robbery in store and I was the one doing the cash register. The most enjoyable about my job is when its really busy, its fun working because the time gone by past and my manager appreciate our effort.

Also working in a restaurant is more fun and enjoyable, I love working in a busy place like dennys restaurant. I love serving good people and a nice place with a good management from the manager.
Pros
50% free on our meal as server, and a yearly evaluation to increase our salary
Cons
Canadian workers are always absent, so we're having a hardship during rush hour
Always was busy and working
assistint chef (Former Employee) –  Pincher Creek, ABMay 7, 2016
Typical day was fast passed. learned to work fast paste great great co-workers always a laugh. Hardest part was not doing something.
the most enjoyable part was working with food and always a laugh with the co-workers
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
long days
it was fun working here
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 18, 2016
it is the best place in Calgary. Working there was fun and easy. I learn much about communicating skills as I was always talking to customers. My co-workers are the best, we do everything as a group
which reduce our work load. The hardest part of the job is during rush our like saturdays because we host a lot of people. The most enjoyable part of the job, I would say is when serving customers and making them happy.
learned new things
packer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 22, 2016
I learned lot from that company. it was good experience.
fun working place. it was a small family business the management was not very good.
Pros
Cons
not really
Great company and space for advancement
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2015
contact Preferred accounts and establish rapport
work with the Travel Media in the country
Manage a plan for visiting accounts in the country
Involved in contact negotiations
Hardest part of the job is being away from the Head Office
the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people from all over the country and beyond
Extremely good environment. skills/educational growth Very good Mangement team, room to exercise authority in decision making and decision making.
Quality Control Technician Dubois Chemical (Former Employee) –  Downsview, OntarioAugust 25, 2015
An atmosphere of precision and discipline. Highly skilled procedures and Management accountability. Room to make powerful decisions regarding production, quality control procedures and laboratory management.. Good feed back from management team and operations manager.
Pros
enjoyed responsiblilty in decision making, Enjoyed accountabilty aspect of the job. Good work environment and great team spirit.
Cons
salary did not reflective of work-load
Learning with half of fun but no security of tenure as employer can't renew contracts due to the existing moratorium
Swing Manager - Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABDecember 16, 2014
Handled and monitors an entire shift and training of around 15 employees per shift in both service and production areas. Prepares the cash sheet report. Controls labor cost.
Pros
friendly atmosphere to work with despite having to stand for long hours
Cons
no security of tenure unless you are a permanent resident
Job Culture and Job Security/Advancement
agriculture (Current Employee) –  Hill Lake, NSNovember 6, 2014
every day juste freiday
i working in my contry i am can the travail the land and irrige the plant and recolte the fruit
Pros
free linchud
Cons
long houre
Great Oppertunity
Consultant (Wilfrid Laurier Campus) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 18, 2014
This club helps and assists dozens every year in many different ways, with a specific focus on helping refugees get education in 1st World countries with their tuition and livings costs covered.
Productive and fun traveling around philippines
not in canada (Former Employee) –  N/AApril 27, 2014
Create self progressive and self confidence and create a good bonding to co workers and superiors.
Pros
free meals and travellng allowances
Cons
long hours and long period of days
Friendly employee, friendly group leaders
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2013
Very good team, tidy working conditions, the collection of a lot of experience in the field of furniture production.
Pros
team spirit, good capaiyty
Cons
it was not at any disadvantage
Good opportunity at first
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2013
Goodall Rubber was a great opportunity for me to take on an advanced opportunity and learn many in depth aspects of running a business.

I was the senior executive in the Calgary location and responsible for all aspects of growth and development at the Calgary branch as well as outside sales growth.

My management was distant and unfortunately unavailable often. They hired and allowed local management that let the Calgary branch of this great company fall down for years.

The hardest part of the job was restructuring the branch, ie., dismissing and hiring, revamping the warehouse and reorganizing the operations of the branch. Most of this was achieved by bringing on more developed, hand picked(by me) staff members. On top of this was the responsibility to train a sales team and to develop outside sales on my own.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to do what was required, and the long leash given was great to change the branch in the ways I felt necessary.

In the end, we were purchased by a large European conglomerate that had ambitions to change the structure of the company. The role of branch manager was no longer required at nearly all locations, therefore my position was eliminated.
Very challenging, little value for people
Factory Manager (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ONAugust 14, 2013
Long hours, lack of maintenance budget, hard working management group, very large facility
Pros
hard working fun people
Cons
lack fo resources to drive facility
A Monday at work
Adjointe au Directeur des Communications, (Former Employee) –  Bibliothèque Nationale, Ottawa, ONMay 15, 2012
Check emails and agenda of my boss for the day. Take care of priorities.
Prepare presentation for monthly report
Organize integration for new employee
Reserve meeting rooms for all meeting scheduled for the next week
Make sure all logistics are in place for meetings
Expense reports
Order office supplies and make sure to send notice to employees to check if they need any suppliues
Meet with boss to organize wee
Productive and fun workplace
Live - in Caregiver (Current Employee) –  CanadaApril 21, 2012
Focusing on the job task given to me. Doing all my best to have a positive output by the end of the day. Management should treat their employees well and equal to avoid complications. My co - workers before respects me, and we`re helping each other to finished the task in no time. The hardest part of my job was to work almost 24hours and the most enjoyable part of my jobs was taking care of children which makes me energetic, smile, and laugh everyday...
Pros
free meal, bonuses
Cons
trabalhar no cimento no Canada...(passeios)
encarregado de trabalho (Former Employee) –  torontoJune 20, 2016
foi uma estadia otima todos estes anos que permaneci, era um trabalho que gostava , uma empresa estavel....en fim , adorei
Pros
vida social agradavel
Cons
nao vi desvantagens
Passable
CDI (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCMarch 23, 2016
J'ai eu une bonne expérience dans le domaine de l'audite et Control qualité , une expérience agréable qui me permet d’être polyvalence .
collaboration et la communication entre les département marche très bien .
Aspect le plus difficile : résistance aux changement
Cons
courte pause
Bonne entreprise, belles conditions et bon climat
Président directeur général (Former Employee) –  Rimouski, QCMarch 17, 2016
Gestion administratives. Embauche et gestion des ressources humaines. Approvisionnement en denrée alimentaire, matériaux de construction.
Pros
Grands défis à tous les niveaux.
Cons
Manque de ressources financières
Agente à Service Canada
Agente à Service Canada (Former Employee) –  St-GeorgesApril 4, 2013
J'ai accomplis plusieurs tâches à Service Canada et plusieurs emploi.
J'ai vraiment aimé ce travail pendant plus de 20 ans, mais j'ai dû quitter suite à la centralisation de mon poste découlant de l'avant dernier budjet fédéral.
Pros
diversité d'emploi, car je suis une personne aimant relever des défis
Cons
aucun