Quality Control Warehouse Specialist
Canada Safeway Limited – Calgary, AB
The Corporate Quality Assurance Department located in Pleasanton California has 2 full time openings for a Quality Control Warehouse Specialist I. These openings are located in the Calgary warehouse. Shift will be 8:30 PM – 5:00 AM and may include some weekends and holidays.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years experience, in addition to education, in one or more of the following: Agricultural Business, Agronomy, Plant Science, Food Science, Horticulture, Floriculture. Experience as an inspector with the USDA, CFIA, private produce inspection company, shipper and/or grower of produce or floral, or retail produce/floral experience. Experience can be substituted for education.
- Ability to determine colors and differentiate between them. Ability to quickly and accurately determine percentages.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Working knowledge of a penetrometer, refractometer and other Quality Control equipment.
- Ability to use a computer to enter and/or retrieve information.
- Ability to use a digital camera.
- Ability to communicate in concise, accurate, timely and professional manner for verbal and written work.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment and workloads.
- Must be a team player capable of working alone or in teams and a good communicator.
- Must possess an acceptable level of endurance and strength as lifting (up to 75 lb.) may be required. Must be willing to work flexible work schedules, including weekends and holidays, in a cold (35°F) environment.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect all produce and floral items upon arrival at the Distribution Center per Standard Operating Procedures to determine if they are in compliance with Safeway specifications.
- Evaluate random samples to determine percentage of defects.
- Ripen products as needed (bananas/avocados).
- Determine size/count parameters, package and pallet integrity, pulp and trailer temperatures and overall appearance of product (internal and external). When required, pressure, refractometer, weight and other tests are completed and documented.
- Current on-hand inventory is monitored and condition of inventory is communicated to the inventory team when quality dictates that action on their part is required.
- Monitors rotation in the warehouse and works with warehouse supervisors to correct any inventory, handling or slotting issues.
Indeed - 14 months ago