Located in Regina or Saskatoon, and reporting to the Director of Loss Prevention, Canada Safeway’s Security & Loss Prevention Department has an opening for a Loss Prevention Investigator I position.
Qualifications: The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
- University or College degree with a Criminology related focus is an asset.
- Law Enforcement/Retail Loss Prevention experience is a definite asset.
- Experience in conducting in-depth criminal and civil investigations.
- Able to write detailed, clear and concise reports.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct interviews of witnesses and suspects, testify in court or arbitrary processes.
- Skill set for proactive assessments retail, warehouse, plant and backstage security issues and successful implementation of those recommendations.
- Advanced technology skills in the use of computers, CCTV and other security product lines.
- Familiarity and/or experience with Warehouse & Plant Operations would be an asset
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively within time frames and deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and able to multi task and exercise excellent time management skills.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Investigate/handle security matters relevant to the assigned Store District, Warehouse, Plant and Backstage, as it relates to internal and external losses.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to improve losses due to theft, fraud and other acts of dishonesty, as well as ensuring the security of company assets, safety of employees and all persons entering on our properties.
- Supervise contract guard & loss prevention assignments with the contract vendor and Safeway Management.
- Work & assist law enforcement with investigations and prevention of Organized Retail Crime.
- Conduct interviews of witnesses and suspects and provide detailed reporting on all matters of investigation.
- Testify where required in criminal, civil or arbitrary proceedings.
- Travel is required for approx. 25% of time worked.
Indeed - 13 months ago