The Human Resources Department has an opening for a District Employment Specialist in Calgary:
Qualifications: The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
- A University Degree
- 2 – 3 years of experience in recruitment and selection
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively to meet established deadlines
- Valid driver's license, vehicle, and ability to do regular out of town travel to rural locations
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing environment
- Must be a self-motivated team player with a high degree of initiative
- Computer proficiency, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Strong analytical, organizational, and leadership skills
- Proficiency with using Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) for recruitment objectives.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage recruitment process in conjunction with In-Store Recruiters, Store Managers and Onboarding Specialists for a southern Alberta District
- Develop employment strategies to assist stores with high turnover or low applicant flow issues.
- Arrange for ads through local/community papers, online job boards, social media, etc.
- Target organizations in area and establish relationships for recruitment (i.e. schools, community based organizations, etc.)
- Work closely with retail and HR teams to assist in the advancement of Safeway’s Diversity and Inclusion strategy
- Conduct audits of Store hiring practices
- Recruitment of Management Trainees and 2nd Assistant Managers
- Supervision of Onboarding Specialists
- Train Managers and employees responsible for hiring on best practices
- Conduct exit interviews
Indeed - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The HEART of Safeway. People. Products. Community. Planet.
Canada Safeway Ltd. is an innovative Fortune 50 company and is one of the...