The Inventory Management Department has an opening for a Buyer I.
Qualifications: The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
- 4 year college degree or equivalent business experience
- 1-2 years buying experience
- Experience with both warehouse and DSD products a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be flexible and customer oriented, projecting a positive attitude
- SIMS buying experience a definite asset
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for buying various commodities, maintaining lowest possible cost products and maintaining acceptable warehouse service level, turns and inventory levels
- Purchase vendor inventories (measured on Inventory Value)
- Coordinate Continuous Replenishment vendor buying
- Maintain DSD vendor information
- Set up vendor information
- Set up items for vendors
- Reconcile bouncers for vendors
Indeed - 2 years ago
The HEART of Safeway. People. Products. Community. Planet.
Canada Safeway Ltd. is an innovative Fortune 50 company and is one of the...