Canada Revenue Agency

Canada Revenue Agency Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Call centre helpdesk agent
E-Services Helpdesk Agent (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMay 30, 2013
I worked as a call center agent and assisted taxpayers with the electronic services the CRA provides. I have worked there for three tax seasons, now. I interacted with my co-workers through our team meetings. The hardest part of the job is dealing with taxpayers who are not particularly happy when they call in.
Repetitive but high paid job
E-Services Helpdesk (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMay 30, 2013
Pros: high salary
Cons: limited work space
After few interviews with CRA, there are at least two weeks of paid training. The training includes how to handle different types of customers plus the usage of CRA program. After that, individual work starts and each shift is limited at a designated work space with a computer and a telephone. I log in on the telephone approximately five minutes before my shift starts and open all the applications and programs on the computer. Phone calls come in and I am responsible for answering the calls within two minutes and effectively help out clients with their issues. There are supervisors available if agents need help while answering the calls. The hardest part of the job is the need for patience. Some calls require step by step procedures to lead the clients to their solutions. The longest call I've had took almost two hours. It's quite rewarding when the callers thank you with their most pleasant voices. Lastly, the training gets paid, certain times of the shift pay more than regular hourly wages and the job has holiday pays as well.
Strict, regulated, official office setting
Debt Management Call Centre Agent (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 21, 2013
Pros: the salary
Cons: lack of culture among colleagues
I worked at a cubical. I clocked in and clocked out at the designated times (down to the second) to take telephone calls from clients and breaks. I learned the negative effects of office politics and how to avoid them. Management was very helpful in teaching me the importance of proper documentation! The hardest part of my job was coping with a poison atmosphere.
Great co-workers and management. Flexible schedule with great work life balance.
Collection Contact Officer (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABMay 6, 2013
Pros: schedule, hours, co-workers
Cons: lots of conflict with clients, repetitive
I enjoyed working at CRA. You can set your own hours within reason and the people and management was great. Due to the federal budget cuts, advancement and security is not what it used to be. Job can be quite repetitive and have lots of conflict.
Auditor and Examiner of GST/HST Prepayment
Auditor/Examiner (Former Employee), St. Catharines OntarioMay 3, 2013
Pros: autonomy
Cons: limited interaction
The CRA was great experience, I had the opportunity to work with experts in tax and improve my knowledge of the Excise Tax Act. This job was fundamental in improving my written and verbal communication skills, through dealing with relentless tax payers over the phone and finalizing audits through the computer and proprietary software's. In addition, my time management skills were enhanced, while at the I handled multiple cases at once meeting a budgeted time for each.
I enjoyed working with the Gov't & staff
Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 12, 2013
Pros: good hours & understanding management
I assessed bankruptcy returns & was in contact with Trustees in Bankruptcy all across Canada.
I could pick my hours of woek as long as I completed 37.50 hours per week.
You got as much out of your job as you put in. I took advantage of all courses and training and applied it.
Administration and Field Officer (Former Employee), St. John's, NLApril 9, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no parking spaces on duckwork st, \nl
Each day I worked 7.5 hours or longer if I was in travel status. I am a conscientious worker and an independent worker who needs little supervision. I worked various jobs with CRA. The most enjoyable part was the contact with clients and helping them solve their problems, I really enjoyed my co-workers and still keeps in contact. There really was no hard part of the job. I had no problem with management and my experience was always welcomed and used by them, Education was always enforced and because of the nature of the job took the accounting from MUN.
Great work environment
Taxpayer Agent (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 8, 2013
-Answering phone calls in regards to income tax enquiries
-Learned the basics of filling out a tax return
-Fun work environment, great people
-Management and leaders are excellent coaches and role models
-Co-workers are very friendly and helpful at all times
-The hardest part of the job is being unsure of an answer you get asked, you always want to be 100% accurate.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is being around good people and a friendly working environment.
Good work experience
Tax Auditor (Full-time) (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2013
I enjoy working for Canada Revenue Agency. It is a challenging environment and requires you to use analytical skills. We enjoy a good work life balance.
Stressfull work environment
T1 Reassessment Clerk (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 4, 2013
The work and co-workers are great.
Cannot provide details.
Stressfull work environment
T1 Reassessment Clerk (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 4, 2013
Cannot provide details.
The work and co-workers are great.
As a casual employee work terms are becoming shorter due to budget cuts.
On the Job training was excellent
collections officer (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: good training
Cons: turn over of mangement
Learned research tools to collect accounts. Learned latest computer skills. Dealt with clients in good and bad situations.
a seasonal volunteer position
VOLUNTEER SERVICES (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: can meet a variety of people
It is a really good place to work at

a volunteer position

can get current information on tax
Challenging to work for the federal government
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Penticton, British ColumbiaFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: stressful
On the phone all day taking calls from tax payers who received collection letters or requirements to pay seizing bank accounts. Very stressful but the best part is getting someone out of collections by with a payment plan that may take up to two years awesome feeling. Helping people; problem solving are my best skills.

Co-workers very supportive and team players.

the hardest part is when people are in due to financial circumstances beyond their control and having no way to pay. We could not help then in our department.
High learning curve, but willing to teach you
Auditor (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: monday - friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Cons: repetitive task
I reviewed taxpayer's financial documents for pre-assessment returns. The management style was excellent, no micromanaging. My co-workers were friendly and supportive. I enjoyed this position a lot.
great job and great pay
Data Entry Operator (SEASONAL) (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJanuary 24, 2013
I have been working at CRA for 6 years now. I really like the job. I enter all the information on T4's, T5's, T3's forms. We need to have the speed and accuracy which I qualify for every year for my return at CRA.
It is a routine type of day and sometimes helping others with workload. They are very nice to work with and communicate with.
The hardes part of the job would be not having enough work to continue our contract. Other than that it is great.
I would like to work full time with them but it is very hard.
Good place to gain experience
Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 18, 2013
CRA has excellent pay, and a variety of departments in which you can work. Management and supervisors are very encouraging of employees to better themselves, and there are a lot of employee resources available. Job security is not very good, as it is on a tax season basis. In certain departments there is an emphasis on your statistical requirements and that can be somewhat stressful if you are unable to keep up with those requirements.
Taxpayer Agent
Taxpayer Services Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 12, 2012
Providing the general Tax information for the taxpayer.
I am not allowed to discuss more.
Very friendly and Independant work Envoronment
Non-Filer Contact Officer (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 30, 2012
Pros: working at your own pace
Cons: n/a
- Was part of a Co-op Intership
- Identified and pursued non-filers using the appropriate tools provided
- Obtained income tax, information and GST returns that reflect their tax situation
- Registered businesses and individuals who are required to register for GST
- Management was very informative and understanding, and the co-workers were very friendly
stable environment
accounting clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 24, 2012
Pros: stable
Cons: stable
General work to deal with
Learned lots of office work
management is good