Canada Revenue Agency

• Salary/Benefits
Stressfull work environment
T1 Reassessment Clerk (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 4, 2013
Cannot provide details.
The work and co-workers are great.
As a casual employee work terms are becoming shorter due to budget cuts.
On the Job training was excellent
collections officer (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: good training
Cons: turn over of mangement
Learned research tools to collect accounts. Learned latest computer skills. Dealt with clients in good and bad situations.
a seasonal volunteer position
VOLUNTEER SERVICES (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: can meet a variety of people
It is a really good place to work at

a volunteer position

can get current information on tax
Challenging to work for the federal government
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Penticton, British ColumbiaFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: salary and benefits
Cons: stressful
On the phone all day taking calls from tax payers who received collection letters or requirements to pay seizing bank accounts. Very stressful but the best part is getting someone out of collections by with a payment plan that may take up to two years awesome feeling. Helping people; problem solving are my best skills.

Co-workers very supportive and – more... team players.

the hardest part is when people are in due to financial circumstances beyond their control and having no way to pay. We could not help then in our department. – less
High learning curve, but willing to teach you
Auditor (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: monday - friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Cons: repetitive task
I reviewed taxpayer's financial documents for pre-assessment returns. The management style was excellent, no micromanaging. My co-workers were friendly and supportive. I enjoyed this position a lot.
great job and great pay
Data Entry Operator (SEASONAL) (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJanuary 24, 2013
I have been working at CRA for 6 years now. I really like the job. I enter all the information on T4's, T5's, T3's forms. We need to have the speed and accuracy which I qualify for every year for my return at CRA.
It is a routine type of day and sometimes helping others with workload. They are very nice to work with and communicate with.
The hardes – more... part of the job would be not having enough work to continue our contract. Other than that it is great.
I would like to work full time with them but it is very hard. – less
Good place to gain experience
Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 18, 2013
CRA has excellent pay, and a variety of departments in which you can work. Management and supervisors are very encouraging of employees to better themselves, and there are a lot of employee resources available. Job security is not very good, as it is on a tax season basis. In certain departments there is an emphasis on your statistical requirements – more... and that can be somewhat stressful if you are unable to keep up with those requirements. – less
Taxpayer Agent
Taxpayer Services Agent (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 12, 2012
Providing the general Tax information for the taxpayer.
I am not allowed to discuss more.
Very friendly and Independant work Envoronment
Non-Filer Contact Officer (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 30, 2012
Pros: working at your own pace
Cons: n/a
- Was part of a Co-op Intership
- Identified and pursued non-filers using the appropriate tools provided
- Obtained income tax, information and GST returns that reflect their tax situation
- Registered businesses and individuals who are required to register for GST
- Management was very informative and understanding, and the co-workers were very friendly
stable environment
accounting clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 24, 2012
Pros: stable
Cons: stable
General work to deal with
Learned lots of office work
management is good
co-workers are good
I like the routine work
Please see other review
Client Service Rep General Inquiries (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2012
Please see the other review for CRA. Overall CRA is a good employer, unfortunate that I could not advance more than I did.
Great environment
Trust Compliance Officer (GST) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2012
A typical day at work would be answering my voice mails messages. Answering the phone calls from day to day. Reviewing e-mail and also letters from clients. Receiving fax and sending fax.
I learned a lot working for Canada Revenue Agency, regarding GST-HST.
The hardest part of my job was the amount documents I would have to mail per day but I would – more... organize my time for the most important documents. – less
Production driven environment
Test Analyst (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 16, 2012
Cons: term employment
The testing analyst position is specific CRA in is operations.
a typical day at work
T3 Assessment Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 15, 2012
Pros: flexible work hours, multicultural peers and proactive environment
Cons: security due to contract.
assess estate and trusts accounts
meet required production rates
assit peers in complex accounts
receive feed backs on assessments
contact clients when need be
Excellent place to work.
Collections Contact Officer/ Taxpayer Services (Current Employee), Hamilton, OntarioOctober 13, 2012
Excellent place to work. There is a very supportive management team and there are many opportunities for self-improvement.
good pay no future
Electronic Data Capture Operator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 10, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: hard to get permanent
Its a repeatative job.
The management does look after their staff when able to.
Co-workers are great. We help each other out when we have any problems.
The hardest part of the job its that its repeatative. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a pay cheque.
There is minimal talking going on in the office.
Rewarding place to work, Strong team concept
Clerical Support Clerk, Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee), Kingston,ONOctober 3, 2012
Pros: helping people, working independently & in a dynamic team
Cons: having to limit time spend with clients who were grieving or lonely
A typical day at work involved providing a high degree of customer service to resolve client enquiries both by telephone and in person.
I maintained a database of Clearance Requests received for estates and processed them, obtained all documents and information required for auditors to perform their review to approve or deny the clearance certificate, – more... then completed review process by analyzing account balances and after ensuring all balances were clear issued Clearance Certificates. Where amounts were owed I was responsible to collect them before the Certificate could be issued.

I also sorted and distributed incoming correspondence for the Estate Section. I performed Inventory control and created reports as required to management. Created letters to request missing information, advising of denials, advising of transfer of requests to other offices based on address of the executor(s).

I learned the most important requirements when dealing with people who have experienced personal loss were empathy and patience.

The hardest part of the job was having to limit time spent with those who were grieving their loss. But the most rewarding part was when I could help them through their difficult time. I often had verbal feedback thanking me for my patience and caring handling of their request.

I was part of an excellent team of professionals who – less
Productive, great place to work.
COLLECTIONS OFFICER (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: benefits and very flexible with work hours
Cons: not a stable job, and would like to advance in my career and there is not alot of room to do so.
•a typical day at work
I would manage an inventory with client's that i would deal with until a tax liability is resolved. On a typical day, i would write summaries and determines plans of actions to resolve an account, and act on my plans when necessary.

•what you learned
I have learnt to negotiate, deal with difficult situations, lots of knowledge – more... about taxes, client service skills, effective interactive communication skills, preparing financial statements.

•management
Management is very flexible and works around your life to accomodate different lifestyles.

•your co-workers
Very friendly, kind, open to new things, respectful, helpful.

•the hardest part of the job
Demanding payment

•the most enjoyable part of the job
Being able to work in a comfortable environment. – less
worked at the mail room distributing outgoing mail to different departments
Summer Student Internship (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: long hours
Cons: short lunches
distributing outgoing mail to the appropriate departments
Top tier employer
Manager (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: superior and highly professional work environment
Strong management and leadership give clear corporate direction. Employees are well supported and although union exists for additional support of employee, this is hardly necessary as every effort is made to overcome concerns before they get unruly.
Training and career opportunities abound.
Strong emphasis on team collaboration, professionalism, integrity – more... and respectfulness. – less