Canada Revenue Agency Employee Reviews

Pretty good working environmnet and would love to work there again
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 March 2016
I was working as consultant for 9 month with Shared Services Canada and one of the client we work with is Canada Revenue Agency.

Nice working environment and people are very friendly, would love to work with them again
Productive but monotonous
General Duties Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnpeg, MB16 January 2016
I was in an unsuitable position as a labourer, not a skilled professional according to my credentials. The position was monotonous, robotic. Communication between team leaders and workers was somewhat lacking. I worked closely with other coworkers that were beneath my skill level and socially/ interpersonally challenging to work with. I needed to find suitable employment and to grow.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad environment
Positive atmosphere in a workplace
IT Analyst/ Developer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 July 2014
Canada Revenue Ageny is a great place to work.
In this job I can find a good work/life balance.
This job requires consistent back and forth communication among team members and clients.
The hardest part of the job was to transition into work culture and understanding certain policies and procedures because the organization is very large.
Working for CRA, I had met many interesting people and have gained alot of knowledge and experience.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Need to be bilingual in order to grow in the future
Great people and support
Minor Balance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC14 October 2015
I advised tax clientele on their overdue tax accounts
Management was supportive and positive
The hardest part of my job was garnishing someone's wages
The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to set up a payment schedule with a client and they came through and got their tax account paid off
Pros
Learning and development
Cons
short term contract
Great workplace
Senior Program Advisor, E-Services (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 February 2016
Worked at CRA for 10 years with some of the most amazing and skilled people in the Canadian workforce. Had the chance to work on some of the best files in the Agency. Thankful for awesome managers and friendly staff.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Repetitive work
A great job but can be extreamly stressful at times.
mailroom (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL23 November 2015
First sort all mail received, then open all mail that is not personnel, pick out the cash to be sent to revenue processing, dress the rest of the mail to be sent to other departments, prepare all outgoing mail, insert and meter all outgoing mail, get the shipments ready for outgoing mail for other centres. Every day we learn something new or we adjust our processes to make things easier. We are a great team and generally work together like a well oiled machine. The hardest part of the job is finding enough time to do everything. The most enjoyable part of the job is that time flies.
Pros
the people
Cons
seasonal
Review accounting records of clients
Field Examiner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2016
Review and audit the books and records of clients to ensure compliance with income tax regulations. Discuss tax issues with manager, clients and their representatives, research tax legislation and prepare working papers, audit reports and correspondence.
Pros
Flexibility
Fun work place environment.
Commis aux services Généraux (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 July 2013
The people we're pretty nice, helpful that is one thing for sure. Manager and Team-leaders we're very cooperative, always have time to hear you if you take the time to schedule an appointment with them. I learned good work values and how to be competitive in this line of work, the hardest part of the job was having to be sitting down all day, but that can be worked around. The most enjoyable part of the job i would have to say is the benefits and the salary.
Pros
Good team spirit and good organisation.
Cons
I dont really have any cons.
company gym
Payment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON13 March 2016
work is not too bad lots of different stuff to do so you dont get bored, high pay, and they got a gym for people that need to get a lift in.
Pros
pay, contract work
Cons
sensitive information = no phones ever
Great work environment
Taxpayer Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 November 2015
Good fast place working conditions, constant areas in which to grow and learn. Compensation was fair. Good employee appreciation.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Term position
Rewarding
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON22 April 2015
A great way to provide an important service to the community. Great training and helpful management team.

Tax preparation software is top-notch and easy to use and troubleshoot.

An awesome experience that I will resume once College is completed.
Pros
Needed service to the community
Productive and interesting
SP1 Term Contract Position (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 February 2016
I found it an extremely positive atmosphere to work in compared to the private industry job that I came from.

We worked in teams and the group I got along very well and made it a pleasure to go to work everyday.
Great Place to Work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 November 2015
Excellent Leaders, Excellent Co-Workers, Lots of Learning required, great hours, interesting work, good benefits,
Contract work - T3 Assessor, General Duties Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 June 2015
Plenty of work to do and it was interesting dealing with returns from
across Canada. The management were good to work with and they
had scheduled performance interviews which allowed one to offer
suggestions for improvement and or where one could voice a complaint. The job was rated on performance levels and that made the task challenging but also stimulating.
Pros
accumulated sick days
Cons
mostly contract work
Good place to gain experience
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 January 2013
CRA has excellent pay, and a variety of departments in which you can work. Management and supervisors are very encouraging of employees to better themselves, and there are a lot of employee resources available. Job security is not very good, as it is on a tax season basis. In certain departments there is an emphasis on your statistical requirements and that can be somewhat stressful if you are unable to keep up with those requirements.
Top tier employer
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 September 2012
Strong management and leadership give clear corporate direction. Employees are well supported and although union exists for additional support of employee, this is hardly necessary as every effort is made to overcome concerns before they get unruly.
Training and career opportunities abound.
Strong emphasis on team collaboration, professionalism, integrity and respectfulness.
Pros
superior and highly professional work environment
Good career with CRA
Excise Duty Officer (Former Employee) –  Penticton and Vancouver25 March 2015
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) was a good place to work, while the salary was okay the benefits were good.
CRA promotes teamwork and working with others. Learned Microsoft products such as word, excel and outlook.
Was responsible for planning my own workflow. Team Leader would assign cases and I was responsible for planning when to do the work, contacting the client, work out a plan for completing the assigned files. Advise my team leader on progress and any issues with the audits. I enjoyed taking out co-workers and training the less experienced workers on how to do the job.
The most important thing I learned working at CRA is teamwork and communication.
Pros
Constant learning. Travelling around British Columbia
Cons
Travelling away from the family.
Decent place to work in. Production based environment
Electronic Data Capture Operator (Former Employee) –  ottawa, ontario8 October 2015
The management is good at CRA.
the job of electronic data operations is a bit dull.
overall easygoing but quiet work environment
Pros
quiet environment
Cons
Very strict time alocation
Great co-workers and management. Flexible schedule with great work life balance.
Collection Contact Officer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 May 2013
I enjoyed working at CRA. You can set your own hours within reason and the people and management was great. Due to the federal budget cuts, advancement and security is not what it used to be. Job can be quite repetitive and have lots of conflict.
Pros
Schedule, hours, co-workers
Cons
Lots of conflict with clients, repetitive
Experiences with the CRA
Mail room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 May 2015
CRA is a very beneficial job source. The hours given for work is a sensible amount of time and the salary is very beneficial too. All workers are very friendly so it is easy to solve any problems quickly. The most difficult part of the job is the fact that we are not told when we will get a lay- off until the last minute. Something I enjoyed when i work with CRA is the respect within every employee. I learned how to solves conflicts when they come up and I learned how to collaborate and work as a team.
Pros
friendly employees, salary
Cons
term positions

Canada Revenue Agency Reviews by Location