Canada Revenue Agency Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Experiences with the CRA
Mail room Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 26, 2015
Pros: friendly employees, salary
Cons: term positions
CRA is a very beneficial job source. The hours given for work is a sensible amount of time and the salary is very beneficial too. All workers are very friendly so it is easy to solve any problems quickly. The most difficult part of the job is the fact that we are not told when we will get a lay- off until the last minute. Something I enjoyed when i work with CRA is the respect within every employee. I learned how to solves conflicts when they come up and I learned how to collaborate and work as a team.
I had a great time working at CRA with some really exceptional co workers.I learned a great deal from taking courses offered by CRA and from working
Tax Auditor (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCMay 25, 2015
Pros: Working at your own pace
Cons: Traveloing distance to get to taxpayers
A typical day would be working and conducting audits at the taxpayer's place of business. My work also consisted of spending time in the office in order to plan and prepare for future audits.
Productive and Fun work place.
Taxpayer Services Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 16, 2015
This is a great place to start your career. The management helps you achieve your goals. Decent amount of hours during non tax season.
Excellent pay
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great pay and a feeling of accomplishment
Cons: Short term contract
It was a fast paced environment and reaching stats was the hardest part. I completed the program with 60 returns per hour. Management and co-workers were excellent with training and assisting when we had difficulty. I liked working independently. We had the option to do competencies for further work if jobs became available.
NA
RESOURCE OFFICER (Current Employee), TORONTO, ONSeptember 1, 2015
It is a good position. Working there is pleasant. Everyone is very nice. There are always many changes happening and it is an environment where high adaptability is necessary.
Totally Incompetent
Reporter (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioApril 3, 2015
Pros: do nothing all day
Cons: not enough vacation days so I have to show up to get paid
I reported a case to the investigation department in 2006 and still nothing is done. I provided court documents, banking records and sworn testimony to prove the case so I really feel this government service should be privatized. This government department is nothing but a joke and to think my tax dollars are paying there wages.
Good career with CRA
Excise Duty Officer (Former Employee), Penticton and VancouverMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Constant learning. Travelling around British Columbia
Cons: Travelling away from the family.
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) was a good place to work, while the salary was okay the benefits were good.
CRA promotes teamwork and working with others. Learned Microsoft products such as word, excel and outlook.
Was responsible for planning my own workflow. Team Leader would assign cases and I was responsible for planning when to do the work, contacting the client, work out a plan for completing the assigned files. Advise my team leader on progress and any issues with the audits. I enjoyed taking out co-workers and training the less experienced workers on how to do the job.
The most important thing I learned working at CRA is teamwork and communication.
Overall goood experience
Data Base Administrator (Current Employee), ottawa, canadaJuly 30, 2015
Ok work place.
Fellow employees were helpful.
Doing request on a day to day basis for clients.
Work was pleasant.
Management was ok.
Friendly and amazing workplace.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Pros: povide me tax filing experiences.
Cons: unregular shift.
In the volunteer work, I prepare the tax return for clients and explain the applicable tax implication on their cases to the clients. During the work, I learn how to communicate with customers and how to negociate the problems occured with my supervisor.
Take Pride in my work
Testing Analyst (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 26, 2015
I always come to work with a positive attitude and ready to take on my work load. We work and always make the best out of day. I love to help my co-workers whenever they need me.
Productive and Exciting Place to Work and Succeed
Taxpayer Services Agent (Internship) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Working for CRA as a intern really helped me develop a more solid understanding of the tax and benefits system that is administered by the CRA federally. I learned more than I ever could about the tax system and co-workers were also very helpful and supportive of all the challenges that were faced during the tax season.
Amazing learning team trains the staff well
Taxpayer Services Agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2015
I enjoyed having all the support needed to answer all the necessary questions to do the job well. The employees are treated with respect. The team environment is friendly and supportive.
Great people and organized workplace
Student Appeals Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2015
I loved working with the people in the organization. My team leader was very supportive and helpful. I've learned a lot from this experience with tax appeals and also from my co-workers. I would recommend anyone applying for this job that is interested in working in an accounting/finance industry.
Offered training, Productive environment
T3 Assessor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 7, 2015
I have learned so much and gained so many skills while working as a T3 Assessor with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). I enjoyed the office environment, providing me with individual work as well as team work. CRA also provided extensive training and had a wonderful training support team to refer to.
Productive company with the chances maximum career growth.
Volunteer Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2014
Prepared simple to complex tax returns for Canadian cities.
Reconciled statements against records and resolved any discrepancies with clients.
Reviewed financial records, statements and documents to determine schedules that were needed to prepare tax returns.
Provided tax clients with sufficient information and advice to get the most from their returns.
Good chance for advancement
SP-04 - Testing Analyst in ATD (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: was able to work compressed hours.
Cons: long drive
Writing test cases that were required to test the programs used by clients to file income taxes etc. for stability, functionality, etc.
Learned how to write test cases and how to test them as well as learning how to use the programs.
Management--okay
Co-workers=Great
Hardest part of job was taking exams frequently, stressful.
I enjoyed all the people I worked with and enjoyed the compressed hours.
Great once you get a non-contract position
Collections Contact Officer (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 9, 2014
Pros: health and dental benefits, flexible work arrangements, high degree of independence
Cons: the union and the government have not come to a formal agreement on pay in the last two years.
I thoroughly enjoy the supportive management and focus on health and well-being. They strive to make sure you are looked after mentally and physically.

My one complaint is job security. Being hired on a contract basis makes me feel less secure despite having a specific job set.

The hardest part of being a collections officer is summoning the fortitude to force your help upon people who really don't want it.

The most enjoyable part is that you work with people who can understand your struggle and will support you.
Enjoyed the time
Audit Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
It was a great opportunity that definitely allowed me to progress in my career. I'd love to do that job, but my career path is a bit different. I want to pursue financial analysis instead of accounting.
Order of attachments processor
seasonal worker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: an excellent organization for career training and evaluation
Cons: season was too short and full-time is hard to attain
Successfully attained high security clearance and passed entrance requirements

worked for them for three seasons

performed assignments as allocated

A good organization to work for - ongoing job evaluations and feedback, training online for advancement
Tax Payer Service Agent (Former Employee), hamilton, ONSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: some calls can be very difficult
On a day to day basis I answered phone calls regarding personal income tax. I have dealt with so many different individuals and so many different situations.
Very fasr paced working environment and quality is very important. They give you all the tools that are required to do the job effectively and efficeintly, all you need to do is the research as every call you take is different.