Canada Revenue Agency Employee Reviews

Great environment and pay for a student
Receptionist/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 March 2016
I learned numerous clerical tasks. I loved my boss, and my boss' boss. My co-workers were wonderful. It was a great work environment. My boss had faith in me to coordinate a large project and included me as a regular employee, not only a student.
Pros
Good job security, good work environment, always something to do, was often able to use my organizational skills
Cons
Had to be a student to keep the job
Pretty good working environmnet and would love to work there again
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 March 2016
I was working as consultant for 9 month with Shared Services Canada and one of the client we work with is Canada Revenue Agency.

Nice working environment and people are very friendly, would love to work with them again
Great workplace
Senior Program Advisor, E-Services (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 February 2016
Worked at CRA for 10 years with some of the most amazing and skilled people in the Canadian workforce. Had the chance to work on some of the best files in the Agency. Thankful for awesome managers and friendly staff.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Repetitive work
Productive and interesting
SP1 Term Contract Position (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 February 2016
I found it an extremely positive atmosphere to work in compared to the private industry job that I came from.

We worked in teams and the group I got along very well and made it a pleasure to go to work everyday.
Review accounting records of clients
Field Examiner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2016
Review and audit the books and records of clients to ensure compliance with income tax regulations. Discuss tax issues with manager, clients and their representatives, research tax legislation and prepare working papers, audit reports and correspondence.
Pros
Flexibility
Great place to work for different fields
Lawyer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2016
Great place to work for different fields of work. The main reason I left was to pursue a complete career change. I would recommend the CRA for those who are interested in tax.
Team-work
IT Infrastructure Architect (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2016
CRA is an amazing place to work in terms of team working. The teamwork environment that I have seen it unbelievable. From Management to co-workers they help you as you need.
Pros
Kudos
Cons
no cash bonus
Productive but monotonous
General Duties Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnpeg, MB16 January 2016
I was in an unsuitable position as a labourer, not a skilled professional according to my credentials. The position was monotonous, robotic. Communication between team leaders and workers was somewhat lacking. I worked closely with other coworkers that were beneath my skill level and socially/ interpersonally challenging to work with. I needed to find suitable employment and to grow.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad environment
Develop web
CO-OP Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 December 2015
I learn how to develop a dynamic web page with JavaScript, HTML, JQuery, AJAX and JSON. I learn how to better communicate with people.
C.R.A> was a challenging and rewarding employer
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 December 2015
C.R.A. was a very good place to work. There was never any fear of being laid off. There was adequate opportunities for advancement and diversification. For example, I could have decided to go into full time instruction . There were several different departments and they were open to all employees. The most difficult aspect of the job was the possibility of confrontation out on the road from clients that were being audited. Sometimes this could be problematic.
Please see the accompanying resume.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 December 2015
Dynamic, yet highly structured workplace. Due to a number of confidentiality matters, it is best to discuss my work at the CRA in private.
Pros
Respected for my work and ability and willingness to assist others.
Cons
It's the Federal Government.
I learned a lot and did enjoy my work
Taxpayers Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2015
The day begins with the meeting, filling out the required documents and the training. Once the training is finished, we are assigned accounts to work on. Very pleasant and helpful management and the co-workers were very caring and willing to help. In this job I learned about how the government is working to bring the taxes up to date.
Pros
Reputable job
Cons
Hard to get
Lots to learn every day
Income Tax Auditor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 December 2015
The job salary and benefits were great. There was constant change and that kept my on my feet.I really enjoyed learning new things everyday.There was however no job security.
Pros
Compressed Schedule
Cons
No job security
Good location to learn and get started in the IT field.
Programmer Analyst/Developer (CS2) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 December 2015
The work was great, plenty of co-workers in the team to manage the workload and complete the work on time. Co-workers overall knowledge of the computers was slim but knowledge of the system in place was plenty. Management was fine at best but lots of room to improve. People had a bad tendency of spending lots of time talking about other co-workers and other information that was not relevant to work. Leave most of the work to be completed by a few selected individual.
Pros
Great learning experience and flexible schedule.
Cons
Lack of team work and cooperation with a touch of knowledge.
Great Place to Work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 November 2015
Excellent Leaders, Excellent Co-Workers, Lots of Learning required, great hours, interesting work, good benefits,
A great job but can be extreamly stressful at times.
mailroom (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL23 November 2015
First sort all mail received, then open all mail that is not personnel, pick out the cash to be sent to revenue processing, dress the rest of the mail to be sent to other departments, prepare all outgoing mail, insert and meter all outgoing mail, get the shipments ready for outgoing mail for other centres. Every day we learn something new or we adjust our processes to make things easier. We are a great team and generally work together like a well oiled machine. The hardest part of the job is finding enough time to do everything. The most enjoyable part of the job is that time flies.
Pros
the people
Cons
seasonal
was an exciting experience
Community volunteer income tax program (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, canada22 November 2015
a typical day at work was quite busy because of different clients trying to file their taxes. i learned how to file tax and use the software which was an amazing experience for me because its outside my area of study. the management and co-workers helped create a positive environment due to their commitment to team work. the hardest part sometimes was the software because it was complex and enjoyable part is basically the new work experience.
technical advisor collections officer
Collections Contact Officer - Technical Advisor- (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PE19 November 2015
Not many opportunities for getting permanent jobs variety of positions and contracts or terms always coming up, depends on what Ottawa approves for such projects etc.
Great work environment
Taxpayer Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 November 2015
Good fast place working conditions, constant areas in which to grow and learn. Compensation was fair. Good employee appreciation.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Term position
Contract Clerk
Seasonal Mail Clerk and T1013 Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 November 2015
I love working for the Surrey Tax Center, the hours are great, the pay is great, the people were fantastic in my area, and the work is enough to keep you busy.
The only real problem is that trying to become a permanent fixture there is really, really hard. Most work is contract work and if you can't find another position before your contract is up you have to leave and lose all your benefits and vacation/sick days etc. Then you need to start all over again when you go back (if you go back). It's too bad they operate this way.

Canada Revenue Agency Reviews by Location