Canada Revenue Agency Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and interesting
SP1 Term Contract Position (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 20, 2016
I found it an extremely positive atmosphere to work in compared to the private industry job that I came from.

We worked in teams and the group I got along very well and made it a pleasure to go to work everyday.
Review accounting records of clients
Field Examiner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Review and audit the books and records of clients to ensure compliance with income tax regulations. Discuss tax issues with manager, clients and their representatives, research tax legislation and prepare working papers, audit reports and correspondence.
Pros
Flexibility
Great place to work for different fields
Lawyer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 13, 2016
Great place to work for different fields of work. The main reason I left was to pursue a complete career change. I would recommend the CRA for those who are interested in tax.
Team-work
IT Infrastructure Architect (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2016
CRA is an amazing place to work in terms of team working. The teamwork environment that I have seen it unbelievable. From Management to co-workers they help you as you need.
Pros
Kudos
Cons
no cash bonus
Productive but monotonous
General Duties Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnpeg, MBJanuary 16, 2016
I was in an unsuitable position as a labourer, not a skilled professional according to my credentials. The position was monotonous, robotic. Communication between team leaders and workers was somewhat lacking. I worked closely with other coworkers that were beneath my skill level and socially/ interpersonally challenging to work with. I needed to find suitable employment and to grow.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad environment
Develop web
CO-OP Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 30, 2015
I learn how to develop a dynamic web page with JavaScript, HTML, JQuery, AJAX and JSON. I learn how to better communicate with people.
C.R.A> was a challenging and rewarding employer
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 23, 2015
C.R.A. was a very good place to work. There was never any fear of being laid off. There was adequate opportunities for advancement and diversification. For example, I could have decided to go into full time instruction . There were several different departments and they were open to all employees. The most difficult aspect of the job was the possibility of confrontation out on the road from clients that were being audited. Sometimes this could be problematic.
Please see the accompanying resume.
Auditor (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 18, 2015
Dynamic, yet highly structured workplace. Due to a number of confidentiality matters, it is best to discuss my work at the CRA in private.
Pros
Respected for my work and ability and willingness to assist others.
Cons
It's the Federal Government.
Lots to learn every day
Income Tax Auditor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCDecember 10, 2015
The job salary and benefits were great. There was constant change and that kept my on my feet.I really enjoyed learning new things everyday.There was however no job security.
Pros
Compressed Schedule
Cons
No job security
Good location to learn and get started in the IT field.
Programmer Analyst/Developer (CS2) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 8, 2015
The work was great, plenty of co-workers in the team to manage the workload and complete the work on time. Co-workers overall knowledge of the computers was slim but knowledge of the system in place was plenty. Management was fine at best but lots of room to improve. People had a bad tendency of spending lots of time talking about other co-workers and other information that was not relevant to work. Leave most of the work to be completed by a few selected individual.
Pros
Great learning experience and flexible schedule.
Cons
Lack of team work and cooperation with a touch of knowledge.
Great Place to Work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 24, 2015
Excellent Leaders, Excellent Co-Workers, Lots of Learning required, great hours, interesting work, good benefits,
was an exciting experience
Community volunteer income tax program (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, canadaNovember 22, 2015
a typical day at work was quite busy because of different clients trying to file their taxes. i learned how to file tax and use the software which was an amazing experience for me because its outside my area of study. the management and co-workers helped create a positive environment due to their commitment to team work. the hardest part sometimes was the software because it was complex and enjoyable part is basically the new work experience.
technical advisor collections officer
Collections Contact Officer - Technical Advisor- (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PENovember 19, 2015
Not many opportunities for getting permanent jobs variety of positions and contracts or terms always coming up, depends on what Ottawa approves for such projects etc.
Great work environment
Taxpayer Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCNovember 16, 2015
Good fast place working conditions, constant areas in which to grow and learn. Compensation was fair. Good employee appreciation.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Term position
Contract Clerk
Seasonal Mail Clerk and T1013 Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCNovember 2, 2015
I love working for the Surrey Tax Center, the hours are great, the pay is great, the people were fantastic in my area, and the work is enough to keep you busy.
The only real problem is that trying to become a permanent fixture there is really, really hard. Most work is contract work and if you can't find another position before your contract is up you have to leave and lose all your benefits and vacation/sick days etc. Then you need to start all over again when you go back (if you go back). It's too bad they operate this way.
Good opportunity
Income Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 1, 2015
The CRA tax clinic was a great learning opportunity. In fact, I was able to do tax returns for seniors and students on modest incomes.
Good
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 19, 2015
CRA is a ged place to work and get experience in the IT field. My job was casual job and I got experience in web developing using xml, DB2.
Pros
good place to start my career.
Cons
low salary because it was student job.
Excellent work/life balance
Income Tax Auditor (Former Employee) –  HamiltonOctober 17, 2015
- provide learning and development opportunities
- has great support systems for new hires
- co-workers are helpful and co-operative
- work environment is friendly
lots of advancement
Assessing Clerk (Former Employee) –  sudbury ontarioOctober 15, 2015
start at 7 am to 3pm
work on clients file either on paper or electronics
assess their personal returns or business returns
contact their representative for missing documentations
contact at times their lawyer or accountant or client themselves
contact either by phone or mail
from time to time send their file to other departments such as audits, medicals or charitables donations departments
Pros
finish early at 3 pm
Cons
had to meet productions and accuracy rate to be called next year
Typical day
Community Volunteer Income Tax Preparation (Current Employee) –  Cambridge/KitchenerOctober 15, 2015
I would be assigned a time for instance 8:00am-4:00pm and I would usually get out depending on the number of seniors filing returns. Some days I would get out at around 1:00pm some days 5:00pm

Canada Revenue Agency Reviews by Location