Canada Revenue Agency Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work!
Information technology infrastructure analyst (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 6, 2016
Friendly staff, good benefits, positive work environment. If you want a Monday to Friday that doesn't follow you home this is the place for you!
Pros
Good staff, No shift work, low stress
Cons
Have to work within specific parameters at all times, which can make work take longer sometimes
Good
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 19, 2015
CRA is a ged place to work and get experience in the IT field. My job was casual job and I got experience in web developing using xml, DB2.
Pros
good place to start my career.
Cons
low salary because it was student job.
Relaxed environment/ Great Learning oppourtunities
IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 26, 2016
-New learning material each day
-Spoke with new clients on a daily basis
-Analyzed and resolved different issues
-Resourceful Co-workers
Pros
Great hours-lots to learn
Cons
Shortened contract work- lacked proper management
Just awesome
Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2016
Great working environment, good culture, good management, no discrimination. Nothing to complain. .................................
Pros
Work/Life balance - Culture - Managment - Benefits -Vacations
Cons
Pay is below Provincial Government or private sector
Productive and growing environment.
Income Tax Preparer (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 28, 2016
Got to meet many new people and the return were tricker than i was hoping, but co-volunteers were really helpful. The co-ordinators were understanding and considerate.
too much politics and hierachy
Electronic Data Operator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 12, 2016
the atmosphere at STC is very competitive especially positions with production goal

not much job security as they constantly lay off people
Pros
no freebies
Decent salary and benefits
Mail/Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 24, 2016
Employee turnover was high during different times of the year and you have multiple bosses to report to that all want things done in a different way..
Cra
Data entry / General Duties Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 7, 2016
-Many positions are term positions.
-Hardest part of job(s) was the repetitive nature
-Most enjoyable part was the coworkers.
-I learned lots about office environments
Very clicky place to work.
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 15, 2013
People in management do not have integrity. There is also favortism to people that have family working there no matter how bad their work ethics are. Full time staff talk terribly to term employees even though they enforce values and conflict free environment. I used to be proud to be a CRA employee but the more I witnessed how term employees are treated and the unfairness to hard working employees that don;t have family there or are not a teamleaders favourite the more I thought I worked for the devil. I think that people who apply for positions should be screened better as there are people who work at CRA that are dishonest and drug users.
Pros
good pay and benefits and room for advancement.
Cons
too much emphasis on inside politics and not enough on tax payer!
Good Workplace
Senior Large File Tax Auditor (AU-04) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 19, 2016
Great work life balance and competitive pay. Great people and excellent benefits. Pace of work is slower than in private practice.
The typical desk job
Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 8, 2012
I would write code for web pages, databases and applications to track and monitor application going from different stages in the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).

Chaired meetings with the different groups working on each project, providing updates on their section.

Management were always willing to work with you and help resolve any issue that arose. Projects were always planned well in advance and all required material and services secured in advance.

Co-workers were not ones to ruffle feathers, but got their job done. Some co-workers were keen for advancement, but most were working towards retirements.

Hardest part of the job was getting around the red tape. Getting anything accomplished required 6 approvals and resources from 5 different departments.

Pay, benefits and home/work life were all the best parts of the job. Pension was provided for those who qualified.
Pros
pension, benefits and pay
Cons
sitting in front of a computer all day.
Positive work environment
Junior Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 27, 2016
Colleagues are very fun and supportive. Management is very supportive and always offering new opportunities to grow and learn new skills.
Great once you get a non-contract position
Collections Contact Officer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 9, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy the supportive management and focus on health and well-being. They strive to make sure you are looked after mentally and physically.

My one complaint is job security. Being hired on a contract basis makes me feel less secure despite having a specific job set.

The hardest part of being a collections officer is summoning the fortitude to force your help upon people who really don't want it.

The most enjoyable part is that you work with people who can understand your struggle and will support you.
Pros
health and dental benefits, flexible work arrangements, high degree of independence
Cons
the union and the government have not come to a formal agreement on pay in the last two years.
It's a decent place to work
Debt Management Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 1, 2015
People were friendly, the pay and benefits were pretty good and there was a very good work/life balance. I would accept another position within CRA if the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Already mentioned
Cons
Contract was not renewed
Productive and Fun work place.
Taxpayer Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 16, 2015
This is a great place to start your career. The management helps you achieve your goals. Decent amount of hours during non tax season.
It was a fun place to work with many opportunities to learn
Interior Design Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 19, 2016
It was a great place to work and the employees were very helpful with providing new tips with programs and advice. I was able to experience new programs and have a different understanding of the design field.
Productive but monotonous
General Duties Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnpeg, MBJanuary 16, 2016
I was in an unsuitable position as a labourer, not a skilled professional according to my credentials. The position was monotonous, robotic. Communication between team leaders and workers was somewhat lacking. I worked closely with other coworkers that were beneath my skill level and socially/ interpersonally challenging to work with. I needed to find suitable employment and to grow.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad environment
Fast paced environment
Taxpayer Service Agent (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 25, 2016
Very intense working environment. This job requires high efficiency and accuracy, but the supervisors are very helpful.
Pretty good working environmnet and would love to work there again
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 3, 2016
I was working as consultant for 9 month with Shared Services Canada and one of the client we work with is Canada Revenue Agency.

Nice working environment and people are very friendly, would love to work with them again
Wonderful security
APPEALS CLERK/LITIGATION CLERK (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 16, 2015
My time working withe the Canada Revenue Agency has been pretty wonderful for the most part. The salary is pretty great, especially if you don't live in a metropolitan city with expensive rent/board.
The majority of the staff are very friendly and helpful when it comes to learning new processes and procedures.
I feel as though I've gotten as far as I want to go with the agency, and it's time to branch out and learn something new.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Micromanaged

4.2