Canada Revenue Agency

Canada Revenue Agency Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people and organized workplace
Student Appeals Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2015
I loved working with the people in the organization. My team leader was very supportive and helpful. I've learned a lot from this experience with tax appeals and also from my co-workers. I would recommend anyone applying for this job that is interested in working in an accounting/finance industry.
Call centre, good team
Taxpayer Services Agent (Former Employee), St. john'sJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good team
Cons: repetitive
Dealing with people all day, helped my communication skills
Offered training, Productive environment
T3 Assessor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 7, 2015
I have learned so much and gained so many skills while working as a T3 Assessor with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). I enjoyed the office environment, providing me with individual work as well as team work. CRA also provided extensive training and had a wonderful training support team to refer to.
Productive and Exciting Place to Work and Succeed
Taxpayer Services Agent (Internship) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Working for CRA as a intern really helped me develop a more solid understanding of the tax and benefits system that is administered by the CRA federally. I learned more than I ever could about the tax system and co-workers were also very helpful and supportive of all the challenges that were faced during the tax season.
hardworking and motivated
SOFTWARE PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaDecember 29, 2014
A hardworking, focused and driven individual who has extensive experience of taking ownership of projects and leading teams of analysts, developers, designers, and testers to success. I have a long track record of driving effective teamwork, communication and collaboration to achieve results. I can be an integral part of any software development team, and I am conversant with technologies such as Java, – more... Spring, Hibernate, HTML and CSS. As a true professional I am willing to take full responsibility not only for guiding the development process, but also for the quality of any software and the delivery of the final product. In addition to all of this I am fully comfortable jumping into a high visibility position where I have to learn new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly. Right now I am looking to join a company that not only encourages new ideas, but also has its sights set on becoming the best custom software development company in the market. – less
Great Work Life Balance
Excise Tax Auditor (Former Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 26, 2014
Working for a government organization you have great work life balance and amazing benefits but a lot of bureaucracy is involved in the work done here
GST ACCOUNTING OFFICER (Former Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 3, 2014
It's a good place to work but like any government agency, there's a lot of bureaucracy involved. Management is decent and promotion is difficult due to the rigidity/structure involved.
boring and tedious
Assessment Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONDecember 1, 2014
I worked contracts, never knew when they started and didn't know when they ended, production work not capable for most people. I was able to keep up but would often help others, pay was okay but hours were 3-11pm and all summer long, not for me.
Good Learning Environment
Community Income Tax Volunteer (Former Employee), MontreaNovember 12, 2014
Good Learning Environment

Manually and electronically filed provincial and federal income tax returns

Learned and used Ufile tax preparation software to file over 90 income tax returns

Invested over 100 hours to the community
Productive company with the chances maximum career growth.
Volunteer Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2014
Prepared simple to complex tax returns for Canadian cities.
Reconciled statements against records and resolved any discrepancies with clients.
Reviewed financial records, statements and documents to determine schedules that were needed to prepare tax returns.
Provided tax clients with sufficient information and advice to get the most from their returns.
Good chance for advancement
SP-04 - Testing Analyst in ATD (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: was able to work compressed hours.
Cons: long drive
Writing test cases that were required to test the programs used by clients to file income taxes etc. for stability, functionality, etc.
Learned how to write test cases and how to test them as well as learning how to use the programs.
Management--okay
Co-workers=Great
Hardest part of job was taking exams frequently, stressful.
I enjoyed all the people I worked with and enjoyed the compressed hours.
oppertunities
Admin Processing Clerk (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 26, 2014
excellent ability to have opportunity for movement within other departments
Great once you get a non-contract position
Collections Contact Officer (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 9, 2014
Pros: health and dental benefits, flexible work arrangements, high degree of independence
Cons: the union and the government have not come to a formal agreement on pay in the last two years.
I thoroughly enjoy the supportive management and focus on health and well-being. They strive to make sure you are looked after mentally and physically.

My one complaint is job security. Being hired on a contract basis makes me feel less secure despite having a specific job set.

The hardest part of being a collections officer is summoning the fortitude to force your help upon people who really don't want it.

The most enjoyable part is that you work with people who can understand your struggle and will support you.
Great experience and developed excellent working relationships.
Auditor - Contract Position (Former Employee), Kingston, ONOctober 7, 2014
I enjoyed working for this employer. Transitioning from a student to a full-time contract position was a great experience and was beneficial to the development of my career in the Business Administration and Office Administration field.
Order of attachments processor
seasonal worker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: an excellent organization for career training and evaluation
Cons: season was too short and full-time is hard to attain
Successfully attained high security clearance and passed entrance requirements

worked for them for three seasons

performed assignments as allocated

A good organization to work for - ongoing job evaluations and feedback, training online for advancement
N/A
TAX PREPARER (Former Employee), Saint John Area, NBSeptember 25, 2014
• Computed taxes owed or overpaid, using specialized software programs
• Prepared or assisted in preparing simple to complex tax returns for low-income groups
• Helped taxpayers by using their federal, provincial and local codes and saw to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under the law of government
Good pay and benefits
Assessment Processing Clerk/Officer (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: contract work
Learning vast array of information, and being provided excellent pay and benefits, with possibility of advancement.
Very good benefits and dynamic place to work
Business Intelligence/ AU-02 Senior Tax Auditor (Current Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great job/life balance
Cons: no comments
Must have a great deal of self discipline to stay on task and meet dead lines.
Significant amount of your time is interaction with the public
Great management team and co-worker
Continuous learning environment.
Tax Payer Service Agent (Former Employee), hamilton, ONSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: some calls can be very difficult
On a day to day basis I answered phone calls regarding personal income tax. I have dealt with so many different individuals and so many different situations.
Very fasr paced working environment and quality is very important. They give you all the tools that are required to do the job effectively and efficeintly, all you need to do is the research as every call you take is different.
Great work/life balance, but not a stimulating/challenging job
Excise Tax Auditor (Current Employee), Greater Toronto AreaSeptember 4, 2014
Pros - great work life balance; good benefits and flex work arrangements

Cons - difficult to advance, top heavy, lots of government red tape, work is not challenging enough