Canada Revenue Agency Employee Reviews

Excellent secure place to work.
Tax auditor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2017
Advancement opportunities and secure atmosphere. Great employed. Can apply on all job postings in Canada. Holidays granted in advance, health and family related days off.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Clicky work place
Great environment
SP03 Call Centre Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 November 2017
Awesome job, and a terrific team to work for.
Respectful of all employees, with a willingness to help each person to learn and grow within the department of Revenue Canada.
Productiva and not stressful
Tax Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON4 November 2017
Great place to work. Great work environment, knowledgeable supervisors. Management very understanding and flexible. Location is great for commute be it driving or public transportation.
Pros
Flexible time to work
Cons
Short breaks
Good company
Bilingual Tax Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador30 October 2017
Good companyif you are willing to put in the work and do not mind working in a stat environment. Good pay and benefits. Pension and union job. Contract work.
Productive and fun workplace
MAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON26 October 2017
A typical day at work consists of meeting production at a fast and yet efficient way. I learned how to become adjusted to the workplace after leaving a customer service job. It was a different atmosphere than I was used to but I enjoyed it. The management that I had the opportunity of meeting were very friendly and encouraged staff during the limited time that was given to meet the quota for the month/year. The hardest part of the job was getting accustomed to the production rates that were given, however I enjoyed meeting new folks from various ages and learning about the new tasks that were given to me.
Shift work
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 October 2017
I enjoyed working with CRA. The temporary nature of my contract didn't provide any job security, They don't offer any opportunity for advancement. There are no benefits in short term contracts.
limited feedback
Coop student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 October 2017
I was there for 3 months as a co-op student, therefore cannot provide valued feedback. Nevertheless, my work was slow paced and not stimulating. I have heard better assessment from others.
Cons
Good projects, continuous work.
BI Specialist- DataStage Developer(Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 October 2017
Being a contractor in a government agency, my day is always busy and productive. I find the higher management very strong, on the other hand I see some gaps in planning and resource allocation by the lower management. The workplace culture is different for the employees. As a contractor, due to the policies my interactions are business related as long as approved by the management. The most enjoyable part of the job is analysis and design of complex projects.
Diverses work environment
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Montreal Downtown12 October 2017
- Review all pending orders and fulfill the shipment process
- Answer questions on taxes and forms on the phone
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure support to other services or departments related to the
Pros
Bring your lunch unless assigned to a special event to get free lunch
Cons
Longs hours and sometimes locations
Good wage and benefits, terrible management.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 October 2017
Being a government agency, higher management can be very difficult to deal with. I enjoyed the work and the people I worked with, however I left due to the management that was put in place who had no regard for the employees and seemed to work at making things difficult for staff. Unfortunately the union has no desire to help the workers anymore, and seem to be only interested in climbing the ladder in the union.
Pros
The people
Amazing workplace
Senior Income Tax Auditor/Tax Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
There are lots of learning opportunities , however it is a bit hard accessing them. The work/life balance is quite exceptional and evident. Keep up the good work!
Fun place to work, lack of advancement
Security Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 September 2017
Everyone seems to be comfortable in their current roles, no desire to advance for most people. Managers will support employees in most circumstances. Overall very comfortable place to work.
Good atmosphere
A/SP-03 Assessment Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 September 2017
Production oriented environment
Typical day included working on individual assessments to make sure the client would receive the notice of assessment in a timely manner.
Liked interacting with clients by phone
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Job I was doing was sent to another city
Great Job
General Duty Clerk - Insolvency Intake (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 September 2017
To bad it is contract work, if your lucky enough to have continuous contracts for 5 years then you become permanent. Supportive environment and great co-workers.
Greate place to work
Software Engineer 2 (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 September 2017
I enjoy working at CRA. Great culture and benefits. There is the usual government bureaucracy, but it's manageable once you get used to it. This is a great place for secure employment.
Excellent schedules and salaries
Examiner and Document Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 September 2017
It is a multicultural environment, where you can appreciate and learn different cultures.
Management is easy to approach.
Training is easy to understand and catalogues are also provided to do your job.
In case of misunderstandings, there will be always someone ready to help.
Lots of different events created by the social committee, allowing employees to interact.
Awesome co-workers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 September 2017
Performed daily clerical duties including switchboard, data entry,filing and customer service responsibilities. Superb management staff. Friendly and fun co-workers.
Pros
Excellent learning experience
Cons
Only a 1 year contract
Great Place to work
Individual Income Tax Inquiries Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
A great government agency to work with. Very supportive culture with a lot of room to learn, grow and engage. The management is very supportive and loves for you to learn more and grow.
Okay place to start
Testing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 September 2017
Good place to start but contact employees are always worried if funding is available for extension of contracts. Days of jobs for life are a thing of the past
Pros
Very little
Cons
an excellent place to work on so many levels
Cash Audit (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 September 2017
you work in an environment where there is so much room for experience and opportunity for advancement and a diverse work atmosphere plus the benefits and coverage are impeccable.