Canada Revenue Agency

Canada Revenue Agency Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great once you get a non-contract position
Collections Contact Officer (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 9, 2014
Pros: health and dental benefits, flexible work arrangements, high degree of independence
Cons: the union and the government have not come to a formal agreement on pay in the last two years.
I thoroughly enjoy the supportive management and focus on health and well-being. They strive to make sure you are looked after mentally and physically.

My one complaint is job security. Being hired on a contract basis makes me feel less secure despite having a specific job set.

The hardest part of being a collections officer is summoning the fortitude – more... to force your help upon people who really don't want it.

The most enjoyable part is that you work with people who can understand your struggle and will support you. – less
Great experience and developed excellent working relationships.
Auditor - Contract Position (Former Employee), Kingston, ONOctober 7, 2014
I enjoyed working for this employer. Transitioning from a student to a full-time contract position was a great experience and was beneficial to the development of my career in the Business Administration and Office Administration field.
Order of attachments processor
seasonal worker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: an excellent organization for career training and evaluation
Cons: season was too short and full-time is hard to attain
Successfully attained high security clearance and passed entrance requirements

worked for them for three seasons

performed assignments as allocated

A good organization to work for - ongoing job evaluations and feedback, training online for advancement
N/A
TAX PREPARER (Former Employee), Saint John Area, NBSeptember 25, 2014
• Computed taxes owed or overpaid, using specialized software programs
• Prepared or assisted in preparing simple to complex tax returns for low-income groups
• Helped taxpayers by using their federal, provincial and local codes and saw to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under the law of government
Good pay and benefits
Assessment Processing Clerk/Officer (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: contract work
Learning vast array of information, and being provided excellent pay and benefits, with possibility of advancement.
Very good benefits and dynamic place to work
Business Intelligence/ AU-02 Senior Tax Auditor (Current Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great job/life balance
Cons: no comments
Must have a great deal of self discipline to stay on task and meet dead lines.
Significant amount of your time is interaction with the public
Great management team and co-worker
Continuous learning environment.
Tax Payer Service Agent (Former Employee), hamilton, ONSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: some calls can be very difficult
On a day to day basis I answered phone calls regarding personal income tax. I have dealt with so many different individuals and so many different situations.
Very fasr paced working environment and quality is very important. They give you all the tools that are required to do the job effectively and efficeintly, all you need to do is the research as – more... every call you take is different. – less
Great work/life balance, but not a stimulating/challenging job
Excise Tax Auditor (Current Employee), Greater Toronto AreaSeptember 4, 2014
Pros - great work life balance; good benefits and flex work arrangements

Cons - difficult to advance, top heavy, lots of government red tape, work is not challenging enough
Good work-life balance
Administrative Assistant to the Assistant Director (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: flexible work, enough sick leave, 3 weeks vacation paid
Cons: short break, few social events
flexible work, enough sick leave, 3 weeks vacation paid
Very approachable co-workers and managers
Fun place to work at
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 25, 2014
A typical day would be to troubleshoot problems remotely or physically;
I learned a lot about troubleshooting issues;
Management was pretty good;
The co-workers were awesome.
Good environment, lots of friendly people, decent work.
Community Income Tax Preparer (volunteer) (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 1, 2014
Mostly complete and assist clients on their personal Tax Return. Majority of the training is learn on the job by yourself, the webinar online trainng is not good. Co-workers are extremely helpful if you dont understand and need help and they are easy to talk to.
job work balance very good
General Duties Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 30, 2014
Pros: salary/benefits
Cons: job security
Overall was good place for me to work like benefits and salaries and job work balance.
Interesting work but management and team work almost inexistant.
Relief Request Screener (Former Employee), Surrey Tax Centre, Surrey BCJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good salary.
Cons: team leader has her favorite team member. information not available most of the time.
Extremely difficult to get information necessary to do my work.
Information asked to different co-workers was different, or incomplete.
When asked the same question twice to the same person, got two different answers.
Most of the information is not written anywhere, and yet whan I asked for it I was tols: "You're supposed to know it"... or "You will – more... have to learn it the same way I did, bit by bit". – less
Positive atmosphere in a workplace
IT Analyst/ Developer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 6, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: need to be bilingual in order to grow in the future
Canada Revenue Ageny is a great place to work.
In this job I can find a good work/life balance.
This job requires consistent back and forth communication among team members and clients.
The hardest part of the job was to transition into work culture and understanding certain policies and procedures because the organization is very large.
Working for – more... CRA, I had met many interesting people and have gained alot of knowledge and experience. – less
Quiet but constant.
Assessment & Benefits Processing Clerk (Former Employee), 2215 Gladwin Crescent, Ottawa ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: friendly, helpful environment with good support (and benefits!)
Cons: the days could sometimes feel long, and cold-calling people is never pleasant.
The work was fairly steady, we rarely had days where we weren't busy. On the off day that we weren't our supervisors would often have us helping the other divisions. A usual day entailed going down the list of cases, calling people up and making sure our information was correct.

It was a nice, quiet work environment and I genuinely liked everyone on – more... my team. The hardest part was adjusting to the frequent changes in policy or procedure. They didn't change day to day, but often enough that we'd have to re-evaluate how we approached things and adjust accordingly.

I'd say the best part of the job was definitely the flexible hours - you could elect to put in extra time each day to get more time off later, which worked great for my schedule. – less
Excellent work life balance.
Excise Tax Auditor, Term Contract (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 24, 2014
CRA is great organization to work with as you become part of providing quality service to the Canadian citizens and CRA provides work-life balance for it's employees via various flexible work options.
Working in the tax department
Taxpayer Services Agent (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 24, 2014
Pros: confidence and experience in asking questions to be able to give the customer what they need.
Cons: was on a contractual basis and not alot of opportunity for permanency
Learning how to navigate the website to find information and which departments to transfer the customer to in order to get them up to date and accurate information. Tracking all calls for call drivers information. I found this job both challenging and informative.
Productive fun place to work
Data Capture Operator (Current Employee), Sudbury ONMay 28, 2014
Great job
Data entry for T1 income taxes
great management
amazing co-workers
positive environment
Loved the hours I worked like 7am to 3pm
General Office Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: liked kidding around with some of my co workers at break time.
Cons: didn't like the production part of the job.
Learned a different way of filing, labelled folders, etc, Liked my team leader and got along with my co workers.
Very diverse work environment where every day was different.
IT Infrastructure Support Analyst (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMay 20, 2014
Pros: great team of individuals where knowledge is shared on a daily basis.
Cons: work ethics of a permanent employee vs a term employee is very difinitive.
As stated above, every day was different. Supporting 1000's of end users across Canada proved to be very challenging. QA and Data Security was a very important factor when dealing with Canadian Taxpayer information. From 2008-2014 change was daily as the IT world evolved. I had the privilege of working with a great Team that helped me advance in my – more... career. The hardest part of the job was dealing with inter-office politics. Permanent jobs are not offered often. – less

1 2 3 4 5