Canada Revenue Agency Employee Review

View all Canada Revenue Agency reviews

Quiet but constant.
Assessment & Benefits Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  2215 Gladwin Crescent, Ottawa ON2 July 2014
The work was fairly steady, we rarely had days where we weren't busy. On the off day that we weren't our supervisors would often have us helping the other divisions. A usual day entailed going down the list of cases, calling people up and making sure our information was correct.

It was a nice, quiet work environment and I genuinely liked everyone on my team. The hardest part was adjusting to the frequent changes in policy or procedure. They didn't change day to day, but often enough that we'd have to re-evaluate how we approached things and adjust accordingly.

I'd say the best part of the job was definitely the flexible hours - you could elect to put in extra time each day to get more time off later, which worked great for my schedule.
Pros
Friendly, helpful environment with good support (and benefits!)
Cons
The days could sometimes feel long, and cold-calling people is never pleasant.

Other Canada Revenue Agency Employee Reviews

Overworked staff, poor venue to trouble shoot social disputes and erroneous complaints
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON21 November 2017
Canada Revenue Agency could be an amazing place to work.
There are many people who enjoy their work there, however, there are few people employed by designation to specific tasks.
Few specialists in areas that would create a cohesive environment of young professionals growing a realistic career, such as areas where debriefing and social support may be required for job descriptive tasks that are situational based.
Canada Revenue Agency has a mixed reputation for both promoting and destroying aspirational workers.
Pros
Great hours and flexibility for time
Cons
Toxic environment susceptible to merit of opinion instead of fact
Ok
Assessment & Benefits Processing Officer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 November 2017
Ok. Good Benefits. Needs better management. Not easy to move within organization. Only worked there for 5 years before I retired. I have nothing more to say.