Canada Revenue Agency Employee Review

View all Canada Revenue Agency reviews

Quiet but constant.
Assessment & Benefits Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  2215 Gladwin Crescent, Ottawa ON2 July 2014
The work was fairly steady, we rarely had days where we weren't busy. On the off day that we weren't our supervisors would often have us helping the other divisions. A usual day entailed going down the list of cases, calling people up and making sure our information was correct.

It was a nice, quiet work environment and I genuinely liked everyone on my team. The hardest part was adjusting to the frequent changes in policy or procedure. They didn't change day to day, but often enough that we'd have to re-evaluate how we approached things and adjust accordingly.

I'd say the best part of the job was definitely the flexible hours - you could elect to put in extra time each day to get more time off later, which worked great for my schedule.
Pros
Friendly, helpful environment with good support (and benefits!)
Cons
The days could sometimes feel long, and cold-calling people is never pleasant.

Other Canada Revenue Agency Employee Reviews

If you are a contract worker you don't matter
TESTING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 February 2018
CRA does not care about you if you are a contract worker, can't give an opinion on perm employees. They send multiple emails saying how much they care about the mental health of their employees but when it comes down to it they only care if you work and shut your mouth about your health.
A great place to start
Income Tax Appeals Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2018
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is a great place to work. I have learned a lot in my time there, but now it is time to move on to bigger and better opportunities.
Pros
Stability, once you get a permanent contract
Cons
Difficult to advance