Canada Revenue Agency Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Opportunity for me to give back to the community
Tax Filing Volunteer (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 13, 2016
Pros: Free luches, opportunities to meet new clients
I had the opportunity to work for Canada Revenue Agency as a CVITP for the past 3 months. My office was allocated in Burnaby community Services (2055 Rosser Avenue, Burnaby, BC). I was responsible to prepared income tax returns and benefits for low-income people. I got a chance to make lot of connections and was able to apply the skills and knowledge I learn from BCIT to give back to the community. My mentor from Burnaby Community Service had given me lots of useful instructions and I'm grateful to have her as my supervisor.
Great place to work!
Information technology infrastructure analyst (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMay 6, 2016
Pros: Good staff, No shift work, low stress
Cons: Have to work within specific parameters at all times, which can make work take longer sometimes
Friendly staff, good benefits, positive work environment. If you want a Monday to Friday that doesn't follow you home this is the place for you!
Busy quite steadily
Cashier/ General Services Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
Pros: Working with variety
Cons: not being able to balance at end of day.
Accepted tax payments from individuals and companies . Data entered payment, offered receipts . Tallied day end payments , with appropriate paperwork. Assisted customers with basic information about taxes, referred to telephone operator when needed.
Good money if you keep your head down and have no soul
Collection Agent (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: Decent pay
Cons: not decent management
Typical day, arrive early and prep for the job and visit some friends. Make sure to be positive to make them feel better about their daily suffering and avoid saying anything too loud as one should not draw attention to themselves. Answer several calls, make way more call and see several problems with the way the job is done. Hold your tongue and watch wasted time, suffering tax payers and tax dollars burn away as those in charge who you could suggest fix issues would rather not knowledge issues as they will be able to retire soon and it can become someone an issue for someone else.

Be verbally abused by tax payer, your manager and don't complain or your job is on the line.
Fast paced environment
Taxpayer Service Agent (Co-op) (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 25, 2016
Very intense working environment. This job requires high efficiency and accuracy, but the supervisors are very helpful.
Just started as a consultant
(CRA) - IT ANALYST (Consultant) (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 13, 2016
Just started this role as a consultant through agency. It's a bit unfair to judge the employer from an outside perspective.
Professional and friendly work environment with excellent benefits
Tax Compliance Officer (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 5, 2016
Pros: Flexible Hours
They have excellent training programs; supervisors always open for advice and help in job performance; opportunities for advancement is excellent; very reasonable evaluation job performance evaluation. The biggest challenge encountered is handling errant taxpayers; but what I like most is being able to handle these taxpayers who eventually become cooperative.
p
Returns Processing Clerk (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 19, 2016
The CRA is a great and reliable company to work for. Great management and communication. Everyone should work for the CRA.
It was a fun place to work with many opportunities to learn
Interior Design Co-op Student (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 19, 2016
It was a great place to work and the employees were very helpful with providing new tips with programs and advice. I was able to experience new programs and have a different understanding of the design field.
company gym
Payment Clerk (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 13, 2016
Pros: pay, contract work
Cons: sensitive information = no phones ever
work is not too bad lots of different stuff to do so you dont get bored, high pay, and they got a gym for people that need to get a lift in.
Great environment and pay for a student
Receptionist/Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 6, 2016
Pros: Good job security, good work environment, always something to do, was often able to use my organizational skills
Cons: Had to be a student to keep the job
I learned numerous clerical tasks. I loved my boss, and my boss' boss. My co-workers were wonderful. It was a great work environment. My boss had faith in me to coordinate a large project and included me as a regular employee, not only a student.
Pretty good working environmnet and would love to work there again
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 3, 2016
I was working as consultant for 9 month with Shared Services Canada and one of the client we work with is Canada Revenue Agency.

Nice working environment and people are very friendly, would love to work with them again
Productive and interesting
SP1 Term Contract Position (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 20, 2016
I found it an extremely positive atmosphere to work in compared to the private industry job that I came from.

We worked in teams and the group I got along very well and made it a pleasure to go to work everyday.
Review accounting records of clients
Field Examiner (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: Flexibility
Review and audit the books and records of clients to ensure compliance with income tax regulations. Discuss tax issues with manager, clients and their representatives, research tax legislation and prepare working papers, audit reports and correspondence.
Great place to work for different fields
Lawyer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 13, 2016
Great place to work for different fields of work. The main reason I left was to pursue a complete career change. I would recommend the CRA for those who are interested in tax.
Team-work
IT Infrastructure Architect (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Kudos
Cons: no cash bonus
CRA is an amazing place to work in terms of team working. The teamwork environment that I have seen it unbelievable. From Management to co-workers they help you as you need.
Productive but monotonous
General Duties Clerk (Current Employee), Winnpeg, MBJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Bad environment
I was in an unsuitable position as a labourer, not a skilled professional according to my credentials. The position was monotonous, robotic. Communication between team leaders and workers was somewhat lacking. I worked closely with other coworkers that were beneath my skill level and socially/ interpersonally challenging to work with. I needed to find suitable employment and to grow.
Develop web
CO-OP Student (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 30, 2015
I learn how to develop a dynamic web page with JavaScript, HTML, JQuery, AJAX and JSON. I learn how to better communicate with people.
C.R.A> was a challenging and rewarding employer
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 23, 2015
C.R.A. was a very good place to work. There was never any fear of being laid off. There was adequate opportunities for advancement and diversification. For example, I could have decided to go into full time instruction . There were several different departments and they were open to all employees. The most difficult aspect of the job was the possibility of confrontation out on the road from clients that were being audited. Sometimes this could be problematic.
Please see the accompanying resume.
Auditor (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 18, 2015
Pros: Respected for my work and ability and willingness to assist others.
Cons: It's the Federal Government.
Dynamic, yet highly structured workplace. Due to a number of confidentiality matters, it is best to discuss my work at the CRA in private.