Canada Revenue Agency

Canada Revenue Agency Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good career with CRA
Excise Duty Officer (Former Employee), Penticton and VancouverMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Constant learning. Travelling around British Columbia
Cons: Travelling away from the family.
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) was a good place to work, while the salary was okay the benefits were good.
CRA promotes teamwork and working with others. Learned Microsoft products such as word, excel and outlook.
Was responsible for planning my own workflow. Team Leader would assign cases and I was responsible for planning when to do the work, contacting the client, work out a plan for completing the assigned files. Advise my team leader on progress and any issues with the audits. I enjoyed taking out co-workers and training the less experienced workers on how to do the job.
The most important thing I learned working at CRA is teamwork and communication.
Friendly and amazing workplace.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Pros: povide me tax filing experiences.
Cons: unregular shift.
In the volunteer work, I prepare the tax return for clients and explain the applicable tax implication on their cases to the clients. During the work, I learn how to communicate with customers and how to negociate the problems occured with my supervisor.
Best
Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 10, 2015
Absolutely loved working here. Management team was great, all employees in department were friendly and helpful, money was great and many advancement possibilities
Co-op position
Clerical Staff (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 9, 2015
I only worked at the Canada Revenue Agency temporally but I learned a lot about organization and time management. My co-workers were helpful and understanding.
Enjoyed the time
Audit Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
It was a great opportunity that definitely allowed me to progress in my career. I'd love to do that job, but my career path is a bit different. I want to pursue financial analysis instead of accounting.
The Canada Revenue Agency
Pension Benefits verification and validation Clerk (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: in house courses, connexions our library and the various celebrations such as canada day
Cons: i enjoy my job tremendously, however due to family i must look at relocating.
A typical day in my position is a busy and fulfilling day filled with puzzles and discrepancies in accounts under which I must solve. I learn how to manage my time as in instances some cases may be quite time consuming. We have deadlines to meet therefore I must be diligent in time management.

I work with a great Team, we all excel at one part of the Pensions Verification Program. If lacking information in a certain area we can depend on one another to have information that may help solve the issue. We spend 7.5 hrs daily together and it is a well spent 7.5hrs. We are constantly learning together and in my Department are all Team Players.

The most difficult part of my job, I would have to say is awaiting correspondence from clients. Our clients have a deadline to submit their proof, however if it is just one day late we cannot accept their submission. Unfortunately this happens quite often and it is very disappointing to the clients, but they are notified well in advance on when their submissions are due.

The most enjoyable part of my job is solving the puzzles the difficult cases, time consuming yes, but very challenging.
Fast paced with strong Teamwork attitude
Document Examiner / Processor and Claims Assessor (Former Employee), Summerside, PEFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: courses available to taken to advance within the company
Cons: contracts start out at 3 months and then extended in the last week.
A typical day at work began with requesting work claims to review. I would spend the morning navigating complex computer programs to ascertain if the clients met requirements to be eligible for GST Rebates. Later morning and afternoons i would make phone calls and request additional information from clients to meet approval standards. I would then review all information and either approve or disallow a GST Rebate. The information needed to be file both electronically and in paper filling, My co-workers and management were both very encouraging and easily shared information so we could succeed as a department. The hardest part of the job was explaining to a client why they did not qualify for a GST Rebate. Government guidelines or very strict and when someone has been eligible in previous years but doesn't qualify in the current year the client can become very frustrated. The best part of the job was helping people complete their claims so they do qualify.
Full of opportunities and challenges
DB2-UDB Data Marts Team Leader (CS03 Team Leader) (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: good salary and great benefits
Cons: i'd rather not say.
A great place to work. Offers opportunities for IT folks to grow and to explore other work and positions in the field of IT.
Great place to work with friendly people
Data Entry Operator (Seasonal)/Employers services (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: relaxed environement
Cons: seasonal contracts
Entered tax related forms into the computer for review. Answer telephones and relay messages. Preform day to day operations.
Great people and organized workplace
Student Appeals Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2015
I loved working with the people in the organization. My team leader was very supportive and helpful. I've learned a lot from this experience with tax appeals and also from my co-workers. I would recommend anyone applying for this job that is interested in working in an accounting/finance industry.
Call centre, good team
Taxpayer Services Agent (Former Employee), St. john'sJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good team
Cons: repetitive
Dealing with people all day, helped my communication skills
Offered training, Productive environment
T3 Assessor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 7, 2015
I have learned so much and gained so many skills while working as a T3 Assessor with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). I enjoyed the office environment, providing me with individual work as well as team work. CRA also provided extensive training and had a wonderful training support team to refer to.
Productive and Exciting Place to Work and Succeed
Taxpayer Services Agent (Internship) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Working for CRA as a intern really helped me develop a more solid understanding of the tax and benefits system that is administered by the CRA federally. I learned more than I ever could about the tax system and co-workers were also very helpful and supportive of all the challenges that were faced during the tax season.
hardworking and motivated
SOFTWARE PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaDecember 29, 2014
A hardworking, focused and driven individual who has extensive experience of taking ownership of projects and leading teams of analysts, developers, designers, and testers to success. I have a long track record of driving effective teamwork, communication and collaboration to achieve results. I can be an integral part of any software development team, and I am conversant with technologies such as Java, Spring, Hibernate, HTML and CSS. As a true professional I am willing to take full responsibility not only for guiding the development process, but also for the quality of any software and the delivery of the final product. In addition to all of this I am fully comfortable jumping into a high visibility position where I have to learn new concepts, systems, and software independently and quickly. Right now I am looking to join a company that not only encourages new ideas, but also has its sights set on becoming the best custom software development company in the market.
Great Work Life Balance
Excise Tax Auditor (Former Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 26, 2014
Working for a government organization you have great work life balance and amazing benefits but a lot of bureaucracy is involved in the work done here
GST ACCOUNTING OFFICER (Former Employee), Surrey, BCDecember 3, 2014
It's a good place to work but like any government agency, there's a lot of bureaucracy involved. Management is decent and promotion is difficult due to the rigidity/structure involved.
boring and tedious
Assessment Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONDecember 1, 2014
I worked contracts, never knew when they started and didn't know when they ended, production work not capable for most people. I was able to keep up but would often help others, pay was okay but hours were 3-11pm and all summer long, not for me.
Good Learning Environment
Community Income Tax Volunteer (Former Employee), MontreaNovember 12, 2014
Good Learning Environment

Manually and electronically filed provincial and federal income tax returns

Learned and used Ufile tax preparation software to file over 90 income tax returns

Invested over 100 hours to the community
Productive company with the chances maximum career growth.
Volunteer Tax Preparer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2014
Prepared simple to complex tax returns for Canadian cities.
Reconciled statements against records and resolved any discrepancies with clients.
Reviewed financial records, statements and documents to determine schedules that were needed to prepare tax returns.
Provided tax clients with sufficient information and advice to get the most from their returns.
Good chance for advancement
SP-04 - Testing Analyst in ATD (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: was able to work compressed hours.
Cons: long drive
Writing test cases that were required to test the programs used by clients to file income taxes etc. for stability, functionality, etc.
Learned how to write test cases and how to test them as well as learning how to use the programs.
Management--okay
Co-workers=Great
Hardest part of job was taking exams frequently, stressful.
I enjoyed all the people I worked with and enjoyed the compressed hours.

1 2 3 4 5