Canada Revenue Agency Employee Review

great place to work
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC10 December 2013
Loved working downtown Montreal
Job security
Great co-workers, very friendly and warm
Pros
working independently
Cons
long hours on the phone collecting

Other Canada Revenue Agency Employee Reviews

Government Job
Collections Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
It was a job. A job that some like to do and some don't. A job that had a salary attached with which to pay the bills. It most definitely was not a career choice for some but for others it was.
Pros
Some coworkers made the day bearable
Cons
micromanagement by incompetent managers
Started out well but went downhill fast.
Income Tax Auditor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2018
MY latest experience was with the Income Tax Department with CRA in Edmonton was about a 4/10. It felt really difficult to get work done in this environment. So many delays, and many inconsistent policies with applying the tax act. I had several managers in the course of 1.5 years and it was extremely slow in getting work accomplished.

The plus about working at the gov't is the ability to manage your own schedule you could work longer days at 9 hrs and work 4 days in the week. The best part is the days off. That was the best part of working here. Sad.

Prior to 2015 with the other departments It was generally a really decent experience - 8/10 and I didn't have many complaints.

My latest experience was very poor and I know many people who have left to pursue other opportunities. It all comes down to your team leader and if they could motivate you or not. I could not continue to work in this environment.
Pros
Work Schedule, Days off, Pension
Cons
Some terrible Management, Inconsistent policies, Slow and inefficient work environment.