Canada Revenue Agency

• Salary/Benefits
Overall goood experience
Data Base Administrator (Current Employee), ottawa, canadaJuly 30, 2015
Ok work place.
Fellow employees were helpful.
Doing request on a day to day basis for clients.
Work was pleasant.
Management was ok.
Face paced and enjoyable workplace
Taxpayer Service Agent (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Overtime hours and premiums
Fast paced work environment.
Learned about T1 General Tax Return forms for individuals
Teams led my strong team leaders.
Extremely friendly and diverse employees.
Most enjoyable part of the job is always adapting to new tax payers.
CRA provides a great service to the Canadian taxpayer
Income Tax/Excise Tax Auditor/Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2015
The employees at the Canada Revenue Agency do a great job for the taxpayers of Canada. There job can be stressful dealing when dealing with the public. They are just like you and I and deserve to be dealt with on a professional and business manner.
Very friendly atmosphere in the office.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2015
- People working here are friendly and cooperative.
- It is a union environment, however management and union work very well together.
- Red tape reduction committees are working hard to reduce the overall ed tape.
- Our focus is on customer service
- Our organization has become one of the best to work with in Canada and worldwide.
Contract work - T3 Assessor, General Duties Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 29, 2015
Pros: accumulated sick days
Cons: mostly contract work
Plenty of work to do and it was interesting dealing with returns from
across Canada. The management were good to work with and they
had scheduled performance interviews which allowed one to offer
suggestions for improvement and or where one could voice a complaint. The job was rated on performance levels and that made the task challenging but also stimulating.
Experiences with the CRA
Mail room Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 26, 2015
Pros: friendly employees, salary
Cons: term positions
CRA is a very beneficial job source. The hours given for work is a sensible amount of time and the salary is very beneficial too. All workers are very friendly so it is easy to solve any problems quickly. The most difficult part of the job is the fact that we are not told when we will get a lay- off until the last minute. Something I enjoyed when i work with CRA is the respect within every employee. I learned how to solves conflicts when they come up and I learned how to collaborate and work as a team.
Take Pride in my work
Testing Analyst (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 26, 2015
I always come to work with a positive attitude and ready to take on my work load. We work and always make the best out of day. I love to help my co-workers whenever they need me.
I had a great time working at CRA with some really exceptional co workers.I learned a great deal from taking courses offered by CRA and from working
Tax Auditor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 25, 2015
Pros: Working at your own pace
Cons: Traveloing distance to get to taxpayers
A typical day would be working and conducting audits at the taxpayer's place of business. My work also consisted of spending time in the office in order to plan and prepare for future audits.
Excellent pay
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMay 13, 2015
Pros: Great pay and a feeling of accomplishment
Cons: Short term contract
It was a fast paced environment and reaching stats was the hardest part. I completed the program with 60 returns per hour. Management and co-workers were excellent with training and assisting when we had difficulty. I liked working independently. We had the option to do competencies for further work if jobs became available.
Amazing learning team trains the staff well
Taxpayer Services Agent (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2015
I enjoyed having all the support needed to answer all the necessary questions to do the job well. The employees are treated with respect. The team environment is friendly and supportive.
Totally Incompetent
Reporter (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioApril 3, 2015
Pros: do nothing all day
Cons: not enough vacation days so I have to show up to get paid
I reported a case to the investigation department in 2006 and still nothing is done. I provided court documents, banking records and sworn testimony to prove the case so I really feel this government service should be privatized. This government department is nothing but a joke and to think my tax dollars are paying there wages.
Good career with CRA
Excise Duty Officer (Former Employee), Penticton and VancouverMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Constant learning. Travelling around British Columbia
Cons: Travelling away from the family.
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) was a good place to work, while the salary was okay the benefits were good.
CRA promotes teamwork and working with others. Learned Microsoft products such as word, excel and outlook.
Was responsible for planning my own workflow. Team Leader would assign cases and I was responsible for planning when to do the work, contacting the client, work out a plan for completing the assigned files. Advise my team leader on progress and any issues with the audits. I enjoyed taking out co-workers and training the less experienced workers on how to do the job.
The most important thing I learned working at CRA is teamwork and communication.
Friendly and amazing workplace.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Pros: povide me tax filing experiences.
Cons: unregular shift.
In the volunteer work, I prepare the tax return for clients and explain the applicable tax implication on their cases to the clients. During the work, I learn how to communicate with customers and how to negociate the problems occured with my supervisor.
Best
Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 10, 2015
Absolutely loved working here. Management team was great, all employees in department were friendly and helpful, money was great and many advancement possibilities
Co-op position
Clerical Staff (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 9, 2015
I only worked at the Canada Revenue Agency temporally but I learned a lot about organization and time management. My co-workers were helpful and understanding.
Enjoyed the time
Audit Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
It was a great opportunity that definitely allowed me to progress in my career. I'd love to do that job, but my career path is a bit different. I want to pursue financial analysis instead of accounting.
The Canada Revenue Agency
Pension Benefits verification and validation Clerk (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: in house courses, connexions our library and the various celebrations such as canada day
Cons: i enjoy my job tremendously, however due to family i must look at relocating.
A typical day in my position is a busy and fulfilling day filled with puzzles and discrepancies in accounts under which I must solve. I learn how to manage my time as in instances some cases may be quite time consuming. We have deadlines to meet therefore I must be diligent in time management.

I work with a great Team, we all excel at one part of the Pensions Verification Program. If lacking information in a certain area we can depend on one another to have information that may help solve the issue. We spend 7.5 hrs daily together and it is a well spent 7.5hrs. We are constantly learning together and in my Department are all Team Players.

The most difficult part of my job, I would have to say is awaiting correspondence from clients. Our clients have a deadline to submit their proof, however if it is just one day late we cannot accept their submission. Unfortunately this happens quite often and it is very disappointing to the clients, but they are notified well in advance on when their submissions are due.

The most enjoyable part of my job is solving the puzzles the difficult cases, time consuming yes, but very challenging.
Fast paced with strong Teamwork attitude
Document Examiner / Processor and Claims Assessor (Former Employee), Summerside, PEFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: courses available to taken to advance within the company
Cons: contracts start out at 3 months and then extended in the last week.
A typical day at work began with requesting work claims to review. I would spend the morning navigating complex computer programs to ascertain if the clients met requirements to be eligible for GST Rebates. Later morning and afternoons i would make phone calls and request additional information from clients to meet approval standards. I would then review all information and either approve or disallow a GST Rebate. The information needed to be file both electronically and in paper filling, My co-workers and management were both very encouraging and easily shared information so we could succeed as a department. The hardest part of the job was explaining to a client why they did not qualify for a GST Rebate. Government guidelines or very strict and when someone has been eligible in previous years but doesn't qualify in the current year the client can become very frustrated. The best part of the job was helping people complete their claims so they do qualify.
Full of opportunities and challenges
DB2-UDB Data Marts Team Leader (CS03 Team Leader) (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: good salary and great benefits
Cons: i'd rather not say.
A great place to work. Offers opportunities for IT folks to grow and to explore other work and positions in the field of IT.
Great place to work with friendly people
Data Entry Operator (Seasonal)/Employers services (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: relaxed environement
Cons: seasonal contracts
Entered tax related forms into the computer for review. Answer telephones and relay messages. Preform day to day operations.

1 2 3 4 5