Canada Revenue Agency Employee Reviews

An inclusive work environment
Efile Income Tax Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 December 2017
Canada Revenue Agency allowed me to balance life and work by working with my availability. I enjoyed mostly the opportunity I got to help people in my community file their taxes.
Excellent employer, no benefits with contract positions, also only work during tax season; little opportunity to advance from temporary contract work.
Tax Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 December 2017
Excellent employer; no benefits with contract positions, also only work during tax season; little opportunity to advance from temporary contract work.
Pros
Supportive and non discriminatory working environment, excellent training
Cons
No benefits with temporary contracts, little opportunity to advance into permanent benefitted positions, Phoenix pay system issues
Serving the Community and the General Public
Co-op University Undergraduate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 November 2017
I have enjoyed working at Canada Revenue Agency when I served both the community and the general public in a government setting. In fact, I have been fascinated by Canadian Politics when I took Social Studies classes in both middle school and high school.
Wonderful organization to work with
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ON26 November 2017
It gave a chance t serve the low-income people in a helped relieve their stress and gave me a feeling that I had made someone's life little easier. Thanks to CRA for helping me use what I studied at school
Work in in different job in different positions
Revenue Processing Clerk,, General Control Clerkr (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 November 2017
I started working as Data control Clerk which we input date in the data base of every person filling an Income Income return and then I was transferred to General Control Clerk which I did a lot Records handling and Final work is Revenue Processing Clerk which I processed payment of Individual Income tax and GST
Overworked staff, poor venue to trouble shoot social disputes and erroneous complaints
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON21 November 2017
Canada Revenue Agency could be an amazing place to work.
There are many people who enjoy their work there, however, there are few people employed by designation to specific tasks.
Few specialists in areas that would create a cohesive environment of young professionals growing a realistic career, such as areas where debriefing and social support may be required for job descriptive tasks that are situational based.
Canada Revenue Agency has a mixed reputation for both promoting and destroying aspirational workers.
Pros
Great hours and flexibility for time
Cons
Toxic environment susceptible to merit of opinion instead of fact
Ok
Assessment & Benefits Processing Officer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 November 2017
Ok. Good Benefits. Needs better management. Not easy to move within organization. Only worked there for 5 years before I retired. I have nothing more to say.
Excellent secure place to work.
Tax auditor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2017
Advancement opportunities and secure atmosphere. Great employed. Can apply on all job postings in Canada. Holidays granted in advance, health and family related days off.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Clicky work place
Great environment
SP03 Call Centre Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 November 2017
Awesome job, and a terrific team to work for.
Respectful of all employees, with a willingness to help each person to learn and grow within the department of Revenue Canada.
Productiva and not stressful
Tax Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON4 November 2017
Great place to work. Great work environment, knowledgeable supervisors. Management very understanding and flexible. Location is great for commute be it driving or public transportation.
Pros
Flexible time to work
Cons
Short breaks
Good company
Bilingual Tax Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador30 October 2017
Good companyif you are willing to put in the work and do not mind working in a stat environment. Good pay and benefits. Pension and union job. Contract work.
Productive and fun workplace
MAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON26 October 2017
A typical day at work consists of meeting production at a fast and yet efficient way. I learned how to become adjusted to the workplace after leaving a customer service job. It was a different atmosphere than I was used to but I enjoyed it. The management that I had the opportunity of meeting were very friendly and encouraged staff during the limited time that was given to meet the quota for the month/year. The hardest part of the job was getting accustomed to the production rates that were given, however I enjoyed meeting new folks from various ages and learning about the new tasks that were given to me.
Shift work
Mail Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 October 2017
I enjoyed working with CRA. The temporary nature of my contract didn't provide any job security, They don't offer any opportunity for advancement. There are no benefits in short term contracts.
limited feedback
Coop student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 October 2017
I was there for 3 months as a co-op student, therefore cannot provide valued feedback. Nevertheless, my work was slow paced and not stimulating. I have heard better assessment from others.
Cons
Good projects, continuous work.
BI Specialist- DataStage Developer(Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 October 2017
Being a contractor in a government agency, my day is always busy and productive. I find the higher management very strong, on the other hand I see some gaps in planning and resource allocation by the lower management. The workplace culture is different for the employees. As a contractor, due to the policies my interactions are business related as long as approved by the management. The most enjoyable part of the job is analysis and design of complex projects.
Diverses work environment
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Montreal Downtown12 October 2017
- Review all pending orders and fulfill the shipment process
- Answer questions on taxes and forms on the phone
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure support to other services or departments related to the
Pros
Bring your lunch unless assigned to a special event to get free lunch
Cons
Longs hours and sometimes locations
Good wage and benefits, terrible management.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 October 2017
Being a government agency, higher management can be very difficult to deal with. I enjoyed the work and the people I worked with, however I left due to the management that was put in place who had no regard for the employees and seemed to work at making things difficult for staff. Unfortunately the union has no desire to help the workers anymore, and seem to be only interested in climbing the ladder in the union.
Pros
The people
Amazing workplace
Senior Income Tax Auditor/Tax Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
There are lots of learning opportunities , however it is a bit hard accessing them. The work/life balance is quite exceptional and evident. Keep up the good work!
Fun place to work, lack of advancement
Security Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 September 2017
Everyone seems to be comfortable in their current roles, no desire to advance for most people. Managers will support employees in most circumstances. Overall very comfortable place to work.
Good atmosphere
A/SP-03 Assessment Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 September 2017
Production oriented environment
Typical day included working on individual assessments to make sure the client would receive the notice of assessment in a timely manner.
Liked interacting with clients by phone
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Job I was doing was sent to another city