Canada Post

Canada Post Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Job if you love early mornings
Rural Service Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEMay 28, 2014
Pros: great pay and you are on your own on the road
Cons: some days you are out for very long hours and in at very early times
Sort mail for specific route
Learn how to sort and deliver for all Rural routes
Deliver parcels as stated
Collect money, or payments for parcels
Watch for dogs
Very comfortable and independent work space
RSMC (Former Employee), Canmore, ABMay 19, 2014
My typical day at Canada Post would be arriving at 7am Monday through Friday. Upon arrival I would organize parcels for my route in the order to which I delivered them. Then I would Scan each parcel and upload the information. I would gather the mail allotted for my route and begin the sorting process. Which depending on the day could take up to 3 hours. Once that was completed I would pull my mail in the order of delivery and organized the parcels and mail in my vehicle. I was off to delivery. For the next 3 hours I was delivering mail to community mailboxes as well as businesses. Parcels which required signatures I would deliver to the customer door.

It's a very independent job as I was on my own for the majority of the day. I learned that being organized was very important, it could make or break your day if something happened to be out of place.

The hardest part of the job was the long cold winter and being outside in extreme cold.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work independently and having a mix of fast paced days as well as more relaxed days.

Management was very supportive and very informative on new policies in the ongoing changes that occurred at Canada Post.
My co-workers were a great bunch of people who I enjoyed seeing on a daily basis. Working in such closed quarters we got to know each other very well.
Great Stepping Stone
Mail Service Courier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2014
Pros: low stress job
Cons: too many politics
Canada Post Gave me the oportunity to learn how to work in union enviroment and how to mangae your time both as an employee and supervisor. I like to make the best of every situtation ato make it benfit my work and me.
Most of my Co'workers were very pleaserable to work with and to be with outside of work.

The hardest part of any job at CPC is the odd hours that you have to work at times.

Being outside in the sun was always my highlight of the day.
work
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: hard on the body feet knees hips back
get up at 5 am go to work pick up 5 to 8 ttubs of letters and 5 magazine tubs .
Go back to your case and sort them to the appropiate address
Then whn its time you collect all your personal contact items to be scanned for the day .
when all clear is called you can start to tear down your case in the route of travel and put them in bags to be delivered.
Go out and start your delivery . this can take you up to 8 hours if not longer walking up and down driveways and up steps.
Productive and hard place to work
Courier - Driver (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours
Good Place to work
Lot of hours to work sometimes
Good pay
Safety conditions sometimes is not good
Co-workers very friendly and supportive
Management in most cases is very informative
Good exercise
Letter Carrier (former) (Former Employee), EdmontonMay 9, 2014
Pros: outdoor work, some good coworkers
Cons: forced overtime, poor management
I worked here for almost eight years,if you like interoffice politics,childish gossip,poor unsupportive management,disorganization,equipment that is unrealible,constant harassment etc..... then this is your job.You may have good benefits and pension (if its available when you retire) but you will have to jump through a lot of hoops to reap any kind of rewards.The pay per hour is ok considering the weight and miles you walk personally I WOULD NOT do this job for any less then $25 an hour and that is being generous, the new hires are being paid $19 an hour (what an insult).Management and letter carriers are like dogs fighting over a bone and this has developed over many years of the corporation and the union in fighting and the workers unfortunately have to pay the price.It always seemed to me because you are a member of the union you had a target on your back for the most part everyone was painted with the same brush no matter how well you did your job.The general public would be absolutely be disgusted if they knew how people are treated at Canada Post.The one thing I enjoyed was being on my own in the day time outdoors and meeting a lot of great people on your route.
Unpredictable
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Regina, SKMay 9, 2014
Some days one would feel lucky to be doing that job, others one would feel like quitting on the spot. The range of work days would be from 6 to 8 hours of mild to moderately difficult work, to, 8 to 13 hours of moderately difficult to impossible work.
peacefull place to work
Programing Clerc (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 2, 2014
Been at this place during my studies make me realise that you can be happy working in a field even is not your field of studying.
Enjoyable work environment
Ergonomic Assistant (Former Employee), Powassan, ONApril 27, 2014
Pros: you get to know the people your providing service for!
Cons: driving in bad winter weather
head to work, sort mail, deliver mail and parcels to resident's who are home and get signatures or take them back to office if not home. I learned how to sort mail and deliver mail in a certain way and deadline. Co-workers were excellent to work with on a daily basis. The hardest part would be driving in winter weather. The most enjoyable part of this job would be seeing all the wildlife on the way through my route.
Great learning experience
Media Relations Intern (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 24, 2014
I was at Canada Post for eight weeks and everyone treated me like an employee.
Everyday I was given tasks that will help me in my public relations career and I did those tasks quickly and efficiently.
Everyday was different, some days I would write news releases and others would be filled with media lists.
great working place
Postal clerk (Current Employee), Montreal,QcApril 16, 2014
great working place, great union protection and plenty opportunities
Volume Counter London, Ontario March 2014
Volume Counter- Depot #5 (Former Employee), London, ONApril 16, 2014
Pros: fast pace environment and friendly people
I really enjoyed it and would reapply for another position.
a knowledgable working environment
Volume Counter (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 13, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: short hours
I enjoyed the nice and friendly atmosphere. Continuous learning
The best job of my worklife thus far.
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMarch 31, 2014
My co-workers, throughout the Niagara Region's various depots were I was stationed, were thoroughly enjoyable and helpful to work with. Management in each depot, too, was always fair and treated me very well. The best aspect of being a letter carrier for 10 years was, while delivering to mail route in 6 different cities, getting to meet hundreds of people from all walks of life.
An environment that constantly tramples worker's common rights
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCMarch 30, 2014
Pros: decent pay and benefits
Cons: mean and uncaring management
I worked there for nearly 6 years and will never get those 6 years back. I am actually happy to be pursuing other work as I didn't feel the environment there was a healthy one. The best part of working at Canada Post was working alone outside for most of the day.
Great place
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 25, 2014
Great place to meet a diverse group of people. Lots of things to learn and they just moved into to their new plant
Repetitive job in a variety of weather conditions with no benefits.
RSMC Helper, RSMC Assistant, RSMC Replacement (Former Employee), Lively, ONMarch 22, 2014
Pros: choose your breaks, fresh air, done work early occasionally.
Cons: repetitive, working in winter weather, use your own vehicle, no benefits
Started work in the morning at around 8 to 9 am in the morning. Sorted mail for rural mail route into a sorting case to be delivered to customers and organized mail into bundles for over 750 houses.Scanned and organized parcels for delivery. Loaded mail, flyers and various sized parcels into vehicle for delivery.Delivered mail, parcels, flyers and magazines into rural mailboxes and community mailbox sites on an approximate 35 kilometer route. Delivered parcels to customers houses and collected money and signatures if required.Worked in all weather conditions.Learned to complete tasks assigned effectively, efficiently and on time. Learned to understand instructions and communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisors.Learned to give extra effort and time to get a job done. Co-workers were very sociable and understanding and wanted to get the job done just as much as you wanted to, The hardest part of the job was working in the winter and during the Christmas rush in late November and December and also the job was very repetitious. The most enjoyable part was the light work days during the summer when the weather was dry and not stormy or raining. Another enjoyable thing was you could be done work earlier. Lastly, seeing the joy when customers got their parcels earlier than expected and seeing the elation on their faces.
canada post
HR Officer, Learning and Development (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 5, 2014
amazing place to work.Great people to work with and management team encourages development (employee)
Fast paced, time sensitive
Volume Counter (Term position) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: short work time frame
Cons: term position
It was an enjoyable experience but very repetitive. Not a great amount of interaction with others.
Great Government Job
RSMC ON CALL (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 28, 2014
Work at your on pace, great people that work there. Very helpful management

About Canada Post

Canada Post Corporation, known more simply as Canada Post, is the Canadian crown corporation which functions as the country's – Read more

Canada Post Photos