Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

Sinking ship
Director, Advanced Business Analytics (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 12, 2015
Company has to find new ways to cut cost and easiest place is employees related. Declining mail volume and competitive parcel market makes it a difficult place to survive.
Pros
Good if you speak French
Cons
Resume' value degrades as you work more.
Corprate
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Quesnel, BCDecember 11, 2015
When I was hired on I expected so much more, maybe that comes from my years of being self employed but its just not what I thought it would be.
great people to work with
Transport truck diver/labourer, line cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONDecember 11, 2015
It was a great place to work. Lots of over time.
Long hours that I liked.
Great boss.
great co-workers.
Had to leave, as the Canada Post
subcontracted out the transportation.

That's when I took a job with Purolator.
Pros
Good work atmosphere
Cons
nil
Great managment and fun environment
Mail Carrier - Cover Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Stanley, ONDecember 9, 2015
I was only a cover worker but the time I did spend in the office, the staff were always respectable and nice. The time always went by fast and I enjoyed the customers and early mornings to mid afternoons.
All in all, if I could I wouldn't mind sorting mail again.
Pros
good wages
Cons
excessive flyers
Meeting new people.
Postmaster (Former Employee) –  Rossburn, MBDecember 7, 2015
Working for Canada Post has taught me how to interact positively with the public. It was a very enjoyable place to work, especially meeting new people moving to twon.
great workplace
qa analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 7, 2015
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job

Nice work environment and would recommend it as a very employee oriented corporation.
Consistant
Casual on call outlet employee (Former Employee) –  Montrose, BCDecember 6, 2015
It became abundantly clear that any advance in this organization was going to be very few and far between.
I thoroughly enjoyed the customer service portion of this position.
Pros
great people
Cons
no room for advancement
Fast pace atmosphear / with co operation
OCRE (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 6, 2015
Mail collection and separate
Fast pace
Very co operative Management
Co workers are amazing
Must Deliver, no matter what weather conditions
Free atmosphere / You can plan your day as you wish
Pros
Time flexible
Cons
Un predictable Mail and parcel quantity
Needs administration that is not useless
FFRS (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QCDecember 4, 2015
Double standards from one supervisor to the next, in most cases the administration has never been on the front lines to know how exactly things should be more productive and efficient for the customers.
Pros
Early days
Cons
Long winter hours
Friendly, enjoyable experience.
Mail Volume Counter (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONDecember 3, 2015
I really enjoyed the time I spent here. The job was stress free and easy to pick up, good people,good environment. The only downside to this position was that it was temporary. The job was done for the day in four hours and the placement was only two weeks.
Pros
self directed
Cons
short term employment, part time.
always something to do
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABDecember 3, 2015
typical day-sort and deliver mail
Learned-organizational skills and self motivation
Management-decent
Co-workers-alright
Hardest part of job-learning things about your self and accepting your faults and working on them.
The most enjoyable-Learning about your self and growing. EXERCISE!
Pros
Short hours some days
Cons
Sore body
It was nice to be outside for most of the day.
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2015
A typical day would start by sorting mail and getting parcels ready for delivery. Once the mail was sorted it was tied out and loaded for delivery. Once loaded the mail and parcels were delivered.
Serving/Selling Postal Services to general public and businesses,
Postal Clerk/Acting Postmistress (Former Employee) –  Morrisburg, ONDecember 2, 2015
Interesting fun place to work with very helpful and cooperative Office Management and co-workers. Personal growth and developement and putting other peoples concerns first. Not just about numbers and politics. A fair bit of red tape but to be expected with companies of this caliber and size. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people from all walks of life and working and learning from my co-workers. Ensuring correct and proper solutions to the publics concerns and complaints were met with approval and acceptance to them.
Co-Workers
Manager - Sourcing Management (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 2, 2015
A range of people who are smart and knowledgeable to uninformed and just putting in time waiting for a pension. At over 50K employees it is a representation of a diversified city!
Sorting Mail
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
Currently sorting mail parcels and packets. Very good work ethic and team work.

Most enjoyable part of job is definitely customer service, along with communications/interactions.

Enjoy going that extra mile to make a difference to customers.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, People
Cons
High Injury
interesting
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 30, 2015
CP is a great company seen from outside, culture is very different .Secondary 5 is enough to get into a management position,
Cons
management concepts
Overall good place to work
Officer, Corporate Secretariat and Committees (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 26, 2015
Friendly and competent team. Although I would have liked continue working with CPC, my position was a contract/temporary role. Coming from a small organization (less than 100 staff), found that the biggest challenge was grasping the layers of processes to go hand-in-hand with working in a large company.
the most enjoyable part of the job
letter sorter (Former Employee) –  Ville Sainte Laurent, QCNovember 25, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job as a letter sorter was the ambience of canada-post. The supervisors and the co-workers who were always there for the employees. also, the co-workers were easy to get along with because of my friendly nature.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
problems with my pay
Little advancement opportunities and very toxic environment
Post Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Forest, ONNovember 18, 2015
The various roles I have worked have been challenging and rewarding. Many people within the organization are fun and friendly
However, the general work environment is extremely toxic as many leaders within individual post offices are poorly educated and/or limited in their exposure to real world work force. Many leaders within Canada Post have been with the company since high school. With little to no additional training. Cliques form within the regions as people hire friends to work with.
Coming into the Post Office from other work environments it has been impossible to break into the office clique as I am seen as an outsider. My additional skill set and work experience goes completely under utilized.
The union has their "hands tied" due to politics and double speak.
Seniority between myself and another employee hired on the same day is determined on the employee number. So the other employee has had seniority over me since day one, despite work performance or knowledge. This allows for all shifts to be taken ahead of me and all additional shifts to be offered to the other employee. My role is essentially as a back up person in case someone is sick or off on vacation. Attempts to relocate as per the union rules was stifled due to "misunderstanding" by a new Supervisor. Thus allowing a new employee to essentially have seniority over my position.
Poor organization, poor execution and poor leadership.
Pros
close proximity to my house, decent hourly rate
Cons
hiring practice 2 new hires on same day, 1st entered into system gains seniority over the second despite work knowledge or performance.
Over rated
RURAL AND SUBURBAN MAIL CARRIER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 16, 2015
I worked as an RSMC for 4 years here. getting paid a daily wage is completely unfair. during Christmas i was working 14+ hours a day to get my route done (must be done). After calculating my gas/insurance/and wear on my own vehicle i was only making $4/h