Canada Post

Canada Post Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Canada Post Corporation AMMP Project
Asset Maintenance Management Project $25M (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 24, 2013
Pros: great mix of seasoned employees with new employees with fresh ideas.
Cons: getting all teams to aligned & doing their work.
A smaller project compared to the huge Postal Transformation but interesting as changing the culture of the Maintenance Department within Canada Post. Was able to work with my speciality which was the spare parts required by maintenance to maintain the equipment. A typical day consisted of working with large spreadsheets and using VLOOKUP and Pivot – more... Tables to build the Bill of Materials for each type of equipment.

The project was fun as it had the support from all levels of management and was sorely need to replace the old mainframe system.

The co-workers were great and the hardest part of the project was getting the Master Equipment List for each site finalized and approved. The most enjoyable part of the project was learning the power of VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables which greatly reduced the amount of time required to build the Bill of Materials. – less
Good pay for the hours worked plus benefits
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Paisley, ONOctober 10, 2013
Great work environment. I am able to leave with my children and get home before they do. Benefits are a definite plus. You spend the first third of your day with coworkers then on the road for the rest.
warehouse environment
Canada Post- Postal Officer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 7, 2013
Pros: good salary
A typical day at work has a lot of lifting especially parcels and admails.
Enjoyed the people was working with and always something new
Customer Service Representative (Temporary) (Former Employee), Howick and Ormstown, QuebecOctober 3, 2013
Cons: split shift
Entering parcels into system, sorting mail, serving customers at the counter
A lot of regulations for shipping within and out of Canada
Co-workers were a joy to work with
The hardest part was all things to remember that are not always used on a daily basis
Most enjoyable part are the clients and co-workers
it use to be a very productive and fun place to work.
Full time MSC (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2013
Pros: good unionized place to work. with a very good job security.
Cons: changing the managements and breaking the laws and regulations all the time.
It depends what type of job you have on each assignment. like sorting mail, delivering packages, doing your preparation before starting the job and so on.
Sort, load and organize vehicle, and then deliver the mail
Contract Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCSeptember 24, 2013
Cons: paid at a set rate even if the run took longer
A typical day at work consist of grabbing all your mail from different areas in the factory, sorting it out by yourself in your own cubical. If I had any questions I could ask fellow employees or even the manager. Hardest thing to deal with was the Scanner, but once I had the hang of it,it was a walk in the park.
I am presently a supervisor at Canada Post
Suupervisor (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: good wage and benefits
Cons: need a change
I would like a change from my current postion. Presently I supervisor of 25 employees, I have learned a great deal about the company and myself working as a supervisor. I do enjoy my postion for the most part but I am no longer challeged and feel that it is not only unfair to myself but to my employees and the company. I feel I would benefit from new – more... challeges and any new company or postion I am hired for will not be disappointed in my ablilities. – less
good place to work at
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: lots of fresh air
Cons: the rain
it"s a very good place to work but no chance for advancement,
you need to transfor out of province the coworks are great but the dogs do bite.
Great paying job and good hours
General Labourer and Transportation (Former Employee), Windsor, OnSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
At first worked in the plant with the sorting machines. I was required to sort the mail per postal codes. Daily quota's were 5000 an hour. I had no problems with management or co-workers. I eventually transferred to transportation because they offered full time positions. I then worked by myself. I loaded my truck and made drop offs to various locations.
was a great experience
Ron Williamson -Lead RMO (Former Employee), Petawawa, ONSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: great place
Cons: was only a two week term
was for volume counter...only a two week term. The people were great, very helpful. All employees were very positive about their jobs
very good salary and benefits
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 29, 2013
Co-workers are very nice and helpful. I have learned lots from them. The most enjoyable part of this job is we always helped each other. The managers and supervisors were nice to me.
Postal Clerk / Letter Carrier
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2013
Pros: wage
Cons: harrassment
Pros: Canada Post provide great compensation to employees

Cons:
1. Just because you are hired does not mean you will be working.
Most employees with seniority less than 1.5 years are most likely benched (In GTA), which means that you will not be making any money.
2. You have to stay as a temporary employee for at least 4 ~ 5 years before you become – more... a part-time employee. Temporary employees do not have any benefit, vacation pay, nor sick leave. You cannot even take vacation without pay without approval from your supervisors, even if you book the vacation a month ahead.
3. People think Canada Post employees automatically receive 7 weeks of vacation as soon as they are hired. Canada Post employees are entitled to have 4 weeks of vacation (~20 hrs paid/week) if they gain part-time status (again... it will take around 4~5 years).
4. Management staffs are uneducated. Most management employees, including supervisors, superintendent, and managers are fresh off the street, without any corporate knowledge. Usually they are just high school graduates and rarely college graduates.
Most of them lack ethics and morals. This is because Canada Post has strong military background system, where it is norm to abuse employees. Bullying at work does not always mean that it shall involve physical abusement. In Canada Post, most supervisors lack management skills, and since they are very unethical and uneducated, they tend to abuse their power. Since they have the title "Supervisor", they will boss around employees as if they are an officer in military. They will give direct orders that does not comply with corporate regulations. If you refuse to accept their direct order, you will get into formal interview, where you will have interview with two supervisors who are very biased towards you. Management, regardless if you think they are nice or not, will never be on employee's side, thus, even if you did nothing wrong, they will falsify information. False accusation will most likely occur, which will eventually lead to termination of your employment.
5. Supervisors are just another people in union. If you are a postal clerk or letter carrier, being a supervisor does not necessarily mean you are advancing into higher level. I have BSC and CGA certification, and in order to get into the accountant position in Canada Post, I decided to start from the bottom of the chain, in order to gain knowledge with regard to how the corporate system works. However, management tend to hire people who lacks management skills and deep knowledge in postal system; thus, making them easier to accept whatever that is taught by managers (Abusing system). If you are smarter than management staffs, most likely, you will not be promoted. – less
Great place to work for.
Customer Service and Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 24, 2013
I learned a lot and the job helped me grow in my career. it helped me develop my communication skills, working with all different kind of queries from customers regarding postages and Moneygram.
Good job, if you like exercise :)
Rural Suburban Mail Carrier (Current Employee), AlbertaAugust 22, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: being expected to work outside no matter what.
Great place to work, loved being outside. Really sucks you have to use own vehicle though.
Good place to work..
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 20, 2013
With the current restructures, corporates ideas of what the human body can handle are Very distorted...Pay should reflect this.. Staff is great..
Positive experience
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 15, 2013
I really enjoyed being a letter carrier for the most part. There's a fairly big learning curve and sometimes the crabbiness of other posties or the public can be grating on you but all and all it's a honest days work of an honest days pay as well as a public service.
on call
On call, mail delivery agent (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABAugust 12, 2013
Pros: good salary
Cons: hours of work and on call positin
was looking forward to this position, Then the position was on call, all over Sherwood Park. In formed that it would be 8 hour days at the time of training. After training was working 12-14 hours a day. This did not work with my family life.
A Company that is falling apart and losing money and destined to fail.
Part Time Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 11, 2013
There is no job security now as the future looks bleak, with all the new technology , snail mail will go the way of the dinosaur
Material Handler (Current Employee), MontrealAugust 10, 2013
Set-up machinery for the proper code.
Unload and load parcels and letters into trucks
Great pay and benefits. Canada Post needs change from within.
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 7, 2013
Pros: exercise everyday.
Cons: cold weather.
Start work at 6 am by sorting my route. Tie out mail and put admail,and scannable items together to deliver. Put all mail in relay bags for truck driver to take out.Then out to deliver everything that was sorted. My particular aisle I work in is fantastic because the people I am around are great to work with. All my supervisors are good to work for – more... and try their best to give us the tools to do a good job for the company. The hardest part of my job is being around others in the building that are negative. The most enjoyable part of my job is the freedom I have everyday to walk outside and meet people and deliver the mail. – less

About Canada Post

Canada Post Corporation, known more simply as Canada Post, is the Canadian crown corporation which functions as the country's – Read more

Canada Post Photos