Canada Post Employee Reviews

A great environment to work in and great place to work
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON27 March 2016
I really enjoyed working at Canada Post, the hours were long and I was able to work indoors and outdoors. I was able to develop my skills in customer service and with this position, was able to meet the many people that I delivered the mail to. I delivered mail, parcels and add mail to customers, including customer parcels witch required a signature for and proof of ID. The hardest thing I found was the standing while sorting the mail, as I would have to stand in the same place for long periods of time. What I loved about the job was being outdoors and being able to enjoy the nice weather once it had arrived. I leaned how to use a scanner, and was responsible for a set of community mailboxes. I was also trained to drive a left handed mail vehicle as all of the routes were rural and suburban routes.
Pros
Standing in one spot for long periods of time
Great Place
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2016
One of the best employers in Canada. Decent wages and generous benefits. Touching peoples lives daily and connecting dreams
Good people to work with
Replacement route driver (Current Employee) –  Onoway, AB, Wabamun, AB27 January 2017
Good place to work for
Never had a problem with them paying me
Nice employees, liked the people I worked with
Easy to find a job online
Liked the places I worked at
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Couldn't get a full time route
High School
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carstairs, AB10 May 2016
Is a typical multi-level business. worked your own hours. I learned from here was that most of the upper people don't know as much as some of the people coming in and that they were in the right spot at the right time.Management was really not there unless you were producing. The co-workers wasn't there you were on your own. The hardest part of the job was ignoring the harassing of not recruiting. The best part was out producing the ones who had teams but weren't selling because they focused on recuiting.
great job, only wish it had of lasted longer
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
I really enjoyed my work with Canada post, The staff was excellent to work with and really enjoyed the atmosphere. I only wish it hadn't been a short term contract.
Pros
fair wage
Cons
walking distance to job station
Wonderful outdoor, people friendly environment.
Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2016
Great to be working outside and to be dealing with the public on a daily basis. I truly enjoy this job. The sorting and the time at the depot can be a bit boring but at the same time hectic. The true joy of this job is being outside, delivering door to door and meeting the customers along your route.
No Gym Required
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON18 February 2017
Fun place to work at the different Depots you can be assigned to but being a Temp-Part time letter carrier hours of work vary significantly from week to week.
Pros
You can maintain a good level of fitness
Cons
Inconsistent hours
It was a short term job
Volume Counter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 January 2017
I was supposed to count mail in a mail mans mail frame, most of the days he took so long that I never got to count the mail. I sat there and waited. I basically got paid to do nothing.
Pros
Paid to do nothing
Cons
Sat and waited
The people make it a joy to come to work
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 March 2016
Opportunity to work in a variety of job positions. A happy atmosphere - always music playing. A high intensity, fast paced environment but never a feeling of overbearing pressure.
Pros
Good wage and benefits
Cons
Little chance for advancement
better paying job and flexible work schedule.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC29 April 2016
typical workday involves prepping of mails, running mails on machine, sweeping and despatching mails to its different points of destination.
because thejob is so physical, i am easily able to lift heavy loads compared to other people my age who have not had any lifting experience.
the hardest part of my job is i think are the management people.
i enjoy working and get along with co-workers.
Pros
more overtime and cancelled rdos, easily take off
Cons
management and broken machines
Challenging environment
Director, Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 November 2016
Strong departmental focus and co-operation, faced with challenging interdepartmental relationships and difficulties in obtaining consensus.
Pros
Security of position
Cons
Political interference
Fast paced workplace and great people to work with
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 November 2016
Great people to work with, always something different, lots of opportunities. Most enjoyable part is being outside. Hardest part of the job , being outside(winter).
Good working conditions and decent pay
Postal worker - transportation (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2016
Canada Post is very structured place to work. The work ahead of you is usually planned out as to how long it will take etc.
Co-workers, for the most part, are friendly and helpful. Also management as well.
Good work environment, but it can be very repetitive which can get tiresome.
Pros
good pay..good work environment
Cons
repetitive work
Great workplace
Coordinator, PDT Deployment (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Great workplace. Had the opportunity to meet some amazing people. The tasks were challenging but I loved it because it kept me on my toes.
Serving/Selling Postal Services to general public and businesses,
Postal Clerk/Acting Postmistress (Former Employee) –  Morrisburg, ON2 December 2015
Interesting fun place to work with very helpful and cooperative Office Management and co-workers. Personal growth and developement and putting other peoples concerns first. Not just about numbers and politics. A fair bit of red tape but to be expected with companies of this caliber and size. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people from all walks of life and working and learning from my co-workers. Ensuring correct and proper solutions to the publics concerns and complaints were met with approval and acceptance to them.
Fun place to work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, QC18 October 2016
Really enjoyed arriving to work in the morning great co workers, friendly environment . Enjoyed my work on the road dealing with customers. Sometimes could run into some bad weather, but if u take your time all would be good.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Bad weather
Would recommend
Process Engineer (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2016
I worked here for one of my co-op terms. You receive your yellow belt in six sigma and I was given a project where I could practice it and learn more about it.

Sometimes you have to come in during odd hours, so a car is recommended.
Great Place
Postal Clerk (Retail & Operations) (Current Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON20 January 2017
Co-Workers are great
Meet new People everyday
Fair breaks
Very Flexible with hours and assignments
Lots of looking up addresses and lifting parcels and boxes
Like working here
Mail Carrier/Mail Sorter – Casual Part Time (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NS24 May 2016
Hard to get hours as casual. The people are friendly and helpful. Management was great to work along with.

It was great to be in the outdoors in all types of weather.

The early morning meant you had the day to yourself depending on hours you worked.

hard to get an idea of a steady schedule. People moved in from the city and bumped you down and out.
fun
Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 October 2016
I have learned how to deal with different type of people. Most enjoyable part is when customers leave happy after i serve them. Sometimes the hardest part is when people needed to show there ID, they never have it with them or dont want to show them.
Pros
discount
Cons
short hours