Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

Over rated
RURAL AND SUBURBAN MAIL CARRIER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 16, 2015
I worked as an RSMC for 4 years here. getting paid a daily wage is completely unfair. during Christmas i was working 14+ hours a day to get my route done (must be done). After calculating my gas/insurance/and wear on my own vehicle i was only making $4/h
fun job bad management
letter carrier/driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 15, 2015
great place to work, bad place/times with the restructuring/downsizing they are doing, its unionized by a non caring union only out to keep their pockets lined
work place
Mail sorter, L7 and L9 fork life driver (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCNovember 14, 2015
We sort mail, specifically parcels. Management is respectful of workers. My co-workers are respectful. Hardest part of job is not knowing how many I'll work during the week since I'm on call. I remained on call because I can't work graveyard shifts.
Pros
good pay
Cons
uncertainty as concerns how many hours I'll work
Fun,busy
Head Postmaster, Dixonville Office (Current Employee) –  Dixonville, ABNovember 12, 2015
I likes working there and the atmosphere at work.I learned computer skills,books and dealing with the public,cleaning and retail.
Enjoyed the work until changes
Lettercarrier Casual (Former Employee) –  70 Trillium Drive, KitchenerNovember 6, 2015
The work was physical and very hard at times, but I did enjoy my time there.
The changes made the job impossible to do, and since I needed to finish my education in bookkeeping I had to take time off as a Casual Letter carrier and focus on my schooling. In the end I had to leave the job since my availability was focused on school.

The work was very patchy in hours. some months I would have lots of work, and suddenly none.

I learned to be quick and walk/run far. total of 30 kilometers some days. organisation was a must.
A very good company
Director, Technology Projects (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 5, 2015
CPIL provided a challenging project related environment in which Project Managers managed all aspects of projects , from financial to operational.
Pros
Challenging and fulfilling work
Cons
Extensive travel
it was a great workout walking alot
mail deliverer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 4, 2015
i enjoy walking alot and keeping active as i had to go house to house to deliver mail. it was part time work delivering mail
Challenge & Teaming are great things about Canada Post
Postal worker or Management (Former Employee) –  Burlington, Oakville, MississaugaOctober 31, 2015
Work is your home for many hours so have a positive outlook, laughs, motivate people by your words and actions. Teaming is so important to the dynamics of a work environment. Show respect, kindness and support and you will receive this back from your Team.

Challenge yourself and your fellow workers to be more productive, what a great feeling when you have accomplished something. Special meaning to "Love my Job". I always have been challenged and empowered myself to be a top performer along with my Team.

Teaming exercising, plan a day to meet their families, makes a huge difference. Have Bar-B-Q days or bowling in the Winter months, even curling for the first time.

You can plan on longer work days if you socialize with your Team, and say after "what a great Team I have !
Pros
Great exercise, dealing with challenge
Cons
Big corporation sometimes downsize or restructure
OVERWHELMING
Assisting customers (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2015
The management could use some new faces. There really two faced people. The employees are great to work with. 10 hour days scheduling is unfair. I would rather work at a Post Office location instead of the Call centre.
Secure employment with reasonable compensation but negative workplace culture.
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2015
A very secure place to work once you achieve permanent status, which is not so easy to achieve now. Reasonably good pay and benefits and and working conditions. Enviable job security and an indexed pension. Some safety issues for external workers in particular. Above average paid leave provisions.
Very little incentive for improvement; poor organizational commitment of the average employee. Unmotivated employees are allowed to drag the organization down. Poor labor relations.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks, indexed pensions, job security, paid leaves.
Cons
Very little incentive for improvement, poor organizational commitment of the average employee. Poor labour relations.
inside sales and project management
Channel Development- Partner Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
balancing the demands of client management and project management aspect. Acquisition and retention of customer base as well as focus on profitable growth.
Fun work place
Ergonomic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 25, 2015
Working for Canada Post was is a very enjoyable job. Daily routine would be to prepare mail for delivery then to bring mail down to vehicle.
Great job. No hours. Bad management
Facteur (Former Employee) –  Montreal, LavalOctober 24, 2015
I loved my job at the post office. Too bad I applied when all the routes where changing and the "Modern Post" appeared. Worked 5 months in 2 years and couldn't stay any longer needing more money to live. Had to quit after 2 years.
Pros
Salary. Working outside.
Cons
Hours.
fun place to be
Temporary Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 20, 2015
a fun place to tart your day with good people around the most enjoyable part of the job working and communicating good with my colleagues and connecting with the community.
Pros
na
Cons
Loved working on my own time
RMC Delivery (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABOctober 16, 2015
Enjoyed the environment when I worked at Canada Post. The staff and co workers were friendly and helpful.
I sorted mail and parcels that were to be delivered. We organized them in our buckets for delivery. Lifted up to 80lbs...usually around Xmas was the most and heaviest.
Pros
You make your own hours when you start or finish as long as your delivery was completed by 5pm
Cons
nothing at all
Terrible place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  HalifaxOctober 16, 2015
Management is unreasonable, rude and continuously neglects to acknowledge that they can't keep anyone on staff for more than a few months as a result of their management. The team is short staffed as a result, and the remaining employees are expected to pick up the slack while maintaining the same deadlines. You are expected to work from home at all times, and the corporation is generally disorganized.
Cons
Frequently expected to skip breaks and lunches, yet somehow penalized for doing so.
Good part time job.
Snow Removal Crew (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 15, 2015
This was a good part time job while I was going to school because I could wake up in the morning and if there was a snowfall I could get all the snow shoveling done before my morning classes.
Pros
Only shoveled when it snowed.
Cons
Shoveled when it snowed.
is not any moore fun plase to work
Letter Carrier/ (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONOctober 14, 2015
unnecessary changes at work loud make job impossible to for fill, for most workers, a lot of halt problems and mental stress
Pros
work outsite
Cons
Postal Clerk (P/T) (Current Employee) –  969 Eastern Ave. Toronto, OntarioOctober 13, 2015
Great place to work. Good people to work with. It takes a while to acquire permanent employment status, but is a company that offers good benefits and good opportunities to grow.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Long wait to acquire full-time permanent status
if you can handle to work and don't mind call ins at short notice then it's decent
Letter Carrier (Delivery Agent) (Current Employee) –  TorontoOctober 13, 2015
Great company and job if you have seniority, if you don't then prepare to get the short end of the stick. perm position can take a very long time to get, delivery is very difficult and you never know what your in for.