Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

Serving/Selling Postal Services to general public and businesses,
Postal Clerk/Acting Postmistress (Former Employee) –  Morrisburg, ONDecember 2, 2015
Interesting fun place to work with very helpful and cooperative Office Management and co-workers. Personal growth and developement and putting other peoples concerns first. Not just about numbers and politics. A fair bit of red tape but to be expected with companies of this caliber and size. The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people from all walks of life and working and learning from my co-workers. Ensuring correct and proper solutions to the publics concerns and complaints were met with approval and acceptance to them.
Co-Workers
Manager - Sourcing Management (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 2, 2015
A range of people who are smart and knowledgeable to uninformed and just putting in time waiting for a pension. At over 50K employees it is a representation of a diversified city!
Sorting Mail
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
Currently sorting mail parcels and packets. Very good work ethic and team work.

Most enjoyable part of job is definitely customer service, along with communications/interactions.

Enjoy going that extra mile to make a difference to customers.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, People
Cons
High Injury
interesting
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 30, 2015
CP is a great company seen from outside, culture is very different .Secondary 5 is enough to get into a management position,
Cons
management concepts
Overall good place to work
Officer, Corporate Secretariat and Committees (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 26, 2015
Friendly and competent team. Although I would have liked continue working with CPC, my position was a contract/temporary role. Coming from a small organization (less than 100 staff), found that the biggest challenge was grasping the layers of processes to go hand-in-hand with working in a large company.
the most enjoyable part of the job
letter sorter (Former Employee) –  Ville Sainte Laurent, QCNovember 25, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job as a letter sorter was the ambience of canada-post. The supervisors and the co-workers who were always there for the employees. also, the co-workers were easy to get along with because of my friendly nature.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
problems with my pay
Little advancement opportunities and very toxic environment
Post Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Forest, ONNovember 18, 2015
The various roles I have worked have been challenging and rewarding. Many people within the organization are fun and friendly
However, the general work environment is extremely toxic as many leaders within individual post offices are poorly educated and/or limited in their exposure to real world work force. Many leaders within Canada Post have been with the company since high school. With little to no additional training. Cliques form within the regions as people hire friends to work with.
Coming into the Post Office from other work environments it has been impossible to break into the office clique as I am seen as an outsider. My additional skill set and work experience goes completely under utilized.
The union has their "hands tied" due to politics and double speak.
Seniority between myself and another employee hired on the same day is determined on the employee number. So the other employee has had seniority over me since day one, despite work performance or knowledge. This allows for all shifts to be taken ahead of me and all additional shifts to be offered to the other employee. My role is essentially as a back up person in case someone is sick or off on vacation. Attempts to relocate as per the union rules was stifled due to "misunderstanding" by a new Supervisor. Thus allowing a new employee to essentially have seniority over my position.
Poor organization, poor execution and poor leadership.
Pros
close proximity to my house, decent hourly rate
Cons
hiring practice 2 new hires on same day, 1st entered into system gains seniority over the second despite work knowledge or performance.
Over rated
RURAL AND SUBURBAN MAIL CARRIER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 16, 2015
I worked as an RSMC for 4 years here. getting paid a daily wage is completely unfair. during Christmas i was working 14+ hours a day to get my route done (must be done). After calculating my gas/insurance/and wear on my own vehicle i was only making $4/h
fun job bad management
letter carrier/driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 15, 2015
great place to work, bad place/times with the restructuring/downsizing they are doing, its unionized by a non caring union only out to keep their pockets lined
work place
Mail sorter, L7 and L9 fork life driver (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCNovember 14, 2015
We sort mail, specifically parcels. Management is respectful of workers. My co-workers are respectful. Hardest part of job is not knowing how many I'll work during the week since I'm on call. I remained on call because I can't work graveyard shifts.
Pros
good pay
Cons
uncertainty as concerns how many hours I'll work
Fun,busy
Head Postmaster, Dixonville Office (Current Employee) –  Dixonville, ABNovember 12, 2015
I likes working there and the atmosphere at work.I learned computer skills,books and dealing with the public,cleaning and retail.
Enjoyed the work until changes
Lettercarrier Casual (Former Employee) –  70 Trillium Drive, KitchenerNovember 6, 2015
The work was physical and very hard at times, but I did enjoy my time there.
The changes made the job impossible to do, and since I needed to finish my education in bookkeeping I had to take time off as a Casual Letter carrier and focus on my schooling. In the end I had to leave the job since my availability was focused on school.

The work was very patchy in hours. some months I would have lots of work, and suddenly none.

I learned to be quick and walk/run far. total of 30 kilometers some days. organisation was a must.
A very good company
Director, Technology Projects (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 5, 2015
CPIL provided a challenging project related environment in which Project Managers managed all aspects of projects , from financial to operational.
Pros
Challenging and fulfilling work
Cons
Extensive travel
it was a great workout walking alot
mail deliverer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 4, 2015
i enjoy walking alot and keeping active as i had to go house to house to deliver mail. it was part time work delivering mail
Challenge & Teaming are great things about Canada Post
Postal worker or Management (Former Employee) –  Burlington, Oakville, MississaugaOctober 31, 2015
Work is your home for many hours so have a positive outlook, laughs, motivate people by your words and actions. Teaming is so important to the dynamics of a work environment. Show respect, kindness and support and you will receive this back from your Team.

Challenge yourself and your fellow workers to be more productive, what a great feeling when you have accomplished something. Special meaning to "Love my Job". I always have been challenged and empowered myself to be a top performer along with my Team.

Teaming exercising, plan a day to meet their families, makes a huge difference. Have Bar-B-Q days or bowling in the Winter months, even curling for the first time.

You can plan on longer work days if you socialize with your Team, and say after "what a great Team I have !
Pros
Great exercise, dealing with challenge
Cons
Big corporation sometimes downsize or restructure
OVERWHELMING
Assisting customers (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2015
The management could use some new faces. There really two faced people. The employees are great to work with. 10 hour days scheduling is unfair. I would rather work at a Post Office location instead of the Call centre.
Secure employment with reasonable compensation but negative workplace culture.
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2015
A very secure place to work once you achieve permanent status, which is not so easy to achieve now. Reasonably good pay and benefits and and working conditions. Enviable job security and an indexed pension. Some safety issues for external workers in particular. Above average paid leave provisions.
Very little incentive for improvement; poor organizational commitment of the average employee. Unmotivated employees are allowed to drag the organization down. Poor labor relations.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks, indexed pensions, job security, paid leaves.
Cons
Very little incentive for improvement, poor organizational commitment of the average employee. Poor labour relations.
inside sales and project management
Channel Development- Partner Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
balancing the demands of client management and project management aspect. Acquisition and retention of customer base as well as focus on profitable growth.
Fun work place
Ergonomic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 25, 2015
Working for Canada Post was is a very enjoyable job. Daily routine would be to prepare mail for delivery then to bring mail down to vehicle.
Great job. No hours. Bad management
Facteur (Former Employee) –  Montreal, LavalOctober 24, 2015
I loved my job at the post office. Too bad I applied when all the routes where changing and the "Modern Post" appeared. Worked 5 months in 2 years and couldn't stay any longer needing more money to live. Had to quit after 2 years.
Pros
Salary. Working outside.
Cons
Hours.