Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

Postal Clerk (P/T) (Current Employee) –  969 Eastern Ave. Toronto, OntarioOctober 13, 2015
Great place to work. Good people to work with. It takes a while to acquire permanent employment status, but is a company that offers good benefits and good opportunities to grow.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Long wait to acquire full-time permanent status
if you can handle to work and don't mind call ins at short notice then it's decent
Letter Carrier (Delivery Agent) (Current Employee) –  TorontoOctober 13, 2015
Great company and job if you have seniority, if you don't then prepare to get the short end of the stick. perm position can take a very long time to get, delivery is very difficult and you never know what your in for.
much opportunity to gain new skills
Resource Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 5, 2015
This large company allowed me many opportunities to learn and grown my skill set. I enjoyed the fast pace and daily challenges that come from an environment that requires immediate daily completion of tasks as well as long term planning. The various duties of a depot Superintendent, for example, allowed me to explore people management, health and safety, fleet management, customer service and many more aspects of daily business. It provided varied tasks and challenges and there was always something new to take on.

The unionized environment requires a lot of attention to process and policy as well as people management.

There are many changes taking place as the company is experiencing a great deal of restructuring making long term career goals in management less viable over the next five years. As a unionized company the reductions will be based solely on seniority and not skill set or work history so for these reasons I am eager to explore new opportunities.
Pros
opportunities
Cons
downsizing and restructuring, seniority based advancement and reductions
what I learned
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONOctober 5, 2015
New procedures, how to interpret and implement, get problems resolved, make sure there is product to sell or how to get it, how to get along with different personalities, have the contact #s to get what is needed. Try to keep a positive attitude.
Pros
Try to learn something new each week, was getting a decent wage to pay for my life, always looking for a better way to resolve conflict
Cons
Mind over Matter
enjoyed my time there
Letter Carrier at Canada Post (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 29, 2015
Was a great place to work, people were proud of there jobs . management took good care of us .Co - workers were great . But have to say getting outside to deliver was great also .
Pros
great exercise
Cons
cold rainy days
Political Nightmare - Terrible Management CEO, SVP, Directors, Mgrs
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Toronto-Vancouver-MontrealSeptember 24, 2015
If you can make it here you can make it anywhere, even in the lake of fire.

- ONLY HARD WORKERS ARE THE ENGINEERS. AMEN.
- Watch out for other DECEPTIVE ENGINEERS who work with the manager's $$$ and will throw you under the bus in a new york minute
- Project Directors/Directors create problems in any project and leech off the company funding while everyone involved in the projects keeps getting gets their cozy salary
- Directors have little to no knowledge of any of the work under them yet chase after the credit like dogs
- Department Management THRIVE OFF pointing fingers after issues arise instead of working together to resolve issues and move forward
- Engineers spend 90% of their time updating management and being administrative pets, such a shame and waste of creativity
- Mind numbing, moral depleting, soul sucking environment

CPC Projects:
1) Never completed
2) Directors create self inflected wounds and their middle manager puppets lick up the wounds...That is their Management scope
3) Always results in a big rotten mess with finger pointing

- Environment is rotten, eats away at your creativity and motivation
- Too many corporate fingers durrtying the pot in any project

CEO Deepak Chopra unsure if he has 22 or 25 VP's. He's the Stephen Harper of Canada Post. You can see where the company money gets distributed.
Pros
Little to none
Cons
Selling your soul
Temporary Volume Counter
Temporary Volume counter (Former Employee) –  Cornwall OntSeptember 24, 2015
Interesting job with great people. The job was to count mail that was to be delivered by mail carriers to determine route changes.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
was only temporary
:) :(
RSMC (Former Employee) –  Creston, BCSeptember 23, 2015
Delivered mail every day for over 11 years and they cut my route to 2/3 and the pay and there was nothing I could do about it!
Fun Atmosphere
Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  VancouverSeptember 22, 2015
Job is highly stressful but rewarding, this jobs requires long hours and new hires have no job security and may never. The fellow postal workers are very helpful.
Most toxic environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCSeptember 7, 2015
Worst company ever. Culture is stab everyone in the back. Management don't know what they are doing and treat people with disrespect and disdain. Don't believe the advertisement, they'll manage to pay you less and give you no benefits. They think they're doing you a favour. You can't trust anyone and they work you down to the bone. Worst experience of my life. Stay clear.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Workload; management; pay; toxic environment; culture; manipulation.
Same routine
Triage, service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Qc.September 5, 2015
It is fun working with different people , but team work is difficult with different mentality of each person but over all it is fine. Management personnel have no clear vision , they try things if it works fine if it doesn't they try something else . But the most injoyable part of the job is working on to keep customers satiafied.
Cons
Night work
PRODUCTIVE AND A GOOD PLACE TO WORK
LETTER CARRIER (Former Employee) –  MISSISSAUGAAugust 31, 2015
WORKING WITH CANADAPOST IS A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR ME MOST ESPECIALLY OUTSIDE DISTRIBUTING LETTERS.
EVERYBODY AT CANADAPOST ARE VERY FRIENDLY.
Pros
FREE LUNCHES
Cons
LONG HOURS
productive work place
Full time MSC-Pickup (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2015
Great place to work with great benefits
It was great start for me in the work force
I learned how to work in a unionized work force
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
union / management some time not on the same page
Enjoy the physical aspect of the job
Part-time Mail Clerk (P04) (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 23, 2015
Great team atmosphere
Good Wages and Benefits
Wonderful people to work with in the public
Good supervisory team
Great learning availability
Pros
good physical workout
Cons
only part time
Good Summer Job
contract courier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 18, 2015
Canada Post was a good summer job opportunity for me because I was a full time student only able to work during summer. The pay was good and the hours were flexible. The best part of the job was being able to choose which days I wanted to work. The hardest part of the job was the early mornings. I really enjoyed my time with Canada Post
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
early mornings
not bad place to work
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 16, 2015
Co workers make this job enjoyable. Sorting mail in the main plant can be tedious, but not too complicated. Union members keep management in check.
Productive and stimulating workplace
sub contractor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, OntarioAugust 13, 2015
I worked for Canada Post as a sub contractor for fourteen years. There are several different levels of time sensitive products which have to be dealt with on a daily basis. Customer service is paramount and you quickly realize that it takes a lot of people all working from the same playbook to successfully deliver the highest standard of service in a very competitive market.
There was always a great sense of community within and between the employees. Together we formed groups to fundraiser for disadvantaged children and former employees who had fallen on hard times.
I really enjoyed my time at Canada Post and when my contract was up in 2014 I moved back to Ireland.
Pros
Very stimulating, educational work envoiroment
Cons
Being outside on foot or driving in the Canadian winter can be stressfull
Good workplace with opportunity to grow and develop
MAINTENANCE SUPERINTENDENT (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 9, 2015
There is a possibility to grow and develop. Management is co-operative and supportive. Recently, Canada Post is going through a lot of changes and accountability is all across the board.
Challenging work environment
Document procurement specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2015
A new gained respect for mail delivery agents - what they deal with in terms of quantities of mail, parcels, packets, and especially flyers is astounding given the fact they must work under the unscrupulous Canada Post Corporation regime.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Horrible work environment
Temporary Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONAugust 4, 2015
I was casual for 4 years, only to be told, I was going to be laid off. supervisor's were horrible, as far as management goes.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Hard work, long hours, need to be healthy to do this job.