Canada Post

Canada Post Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sort, load and organize vehicle, and then deliver the mail
Contract Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCSeptember 24, 2013
Cons: paid at a set rate even if the run took longer
A typical day at work consist of grabbing all your mail from different areas in the factory, sorting it out by yourself in your own cubical. If I had any questions I could ask fellow employees or even the manager. Hardest thing to deal with was the Scanner, but once I had the hang of it,it was a walk in the park.
I am presently a supervisor at Canada Post
Suupervisor (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: good wage and benefits
Cons: need a change
I would like a change from my current postion. Presently I supervisor of 25 employees, I have learned a great deal about the company and myself working as a supervisor. I do enjoy my postion for the most part but I am no longer challeged and feel that it is not only unfair to myself but to my employees and the company. I feel I would benefit from new – more... challeges and any new company or postion I am hired for will not be disappointed in my ablilities. – less
good place to work at
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: lots of fresh air
Cons: the rain
it"s a very good place to work but no chance for advancement,
you need to transfor out of province the coworks are great but the dogs do bite.
Great paying job and good hours
General Labourer and Transportation (Former Employee), Windsor, OnSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
At first worked in the plant with the sorting machines. I was required to sort the mail per postal codes. Daily quota's were 5000 an hour. I had no problems with management or co-workers. I eventually transferred to transportation because they offered full time positions. I then worked by myself. I loaded my truck and made drop offs to various locations.
was a great experience
Ron Williamson -Lead RMO (Former Employee), Petawawa, ONSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: great place
Cons: was only a two week term
was for volume counter...only a two week term. The people were great, very helpful. All employees were very positive about their jobs
very good salary and benefits
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 29, 2013
Co-workers are very nice and helpful. I have learned lots from them. The most enjoyable part of this job is we always helped each other. The managers and supervisors were nice to me.
Postal Clerk / Letter Carrier
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2013
Pros: wage
Cons: harrassment
Pros: Canada Post provide great compensation to employees

Cons:
1. Just because you are hired does not mean you will be working.
Most employees with seniority less than 1.5 years are most likely benched (In GTA), which means that you will not be making any money.
2. You have to stay as a temporary employee for at least 4 ~ 5 years before you become – more... a part-time employee. Temporary employees do not have any benefit, vacation pay, nor sick leave. You cannot even take vacation without pay without approval from your supervisors, even if you book the vacation a month ahead.
3. People think Canada Post employees automatically receive 7 weeks of vacation as soon as they are hired. Canada Post employees are entitled to have 4 weeks of vacation (~20 hrs paid/week) if they gain part-time status (again... it will take around 4~5 years).
4. Management staffs are uneducated. Most management employees, including supervisors, superintendent, and managers are fresh off the street, without any corporate knowledge. Usually they are just high school graduates and rarely college graduates.
Most of them lack ethics and morals. This is because Canada Post has strong military background system, where it is norm to abuse employees. Bullying at work does not always mean that it shall involve physical abusement. In Canada Post, most supervisors lack management skills, and since they are very unethical and uneducated, they tend to abuse their power. Since they have the title "Supervisor", they will boss around employees as if they are an officer in military. They will give direct orders that does not comply with corporate regulations. If you refuse to accept their direct order, you will get into formal interview, where you will have interview with two supervisors who are very biased towards you. Management, regardless if you think they are nice or not, will never be on employee's side, thus, even if you did nothing wrong, they will falsify information. False accusation will most likely occur, which will eventually lead to termination of your employment.
5. Supervisors are just another people in union. If you are a postal clerk or letter carrier, being a supervisor does not necessarily mean you are advancing into higher level. I have BSC and CGA certification, and in order to get into the accountant position in Canada Post, I decided to start from the bottom of the chain, in order to gain knowledge with regard to how the corporate system works. However, management tend to hire people who lacks management skills and deep knowledge in postal system; thus, making them easier to accept whatever that is taught by managers (Abusing system). If you are smarter than management staffs, most likely, you will not be promoted. – less
Great place to work for.
Customer Service and Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 24, 2013
I learned a lot and the job helped me grow in my career. it helped me develop my communication skills, working with all different kind of queries from customers regarding postages and Moneygram.
Good job, if you like exercise :)
Rural Suburban Mail Carrier (Current Employee), AlbertaAugust 22, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: being expected to work outside no matter what.
Great place to work, loved being outside. Really sucks you have to use own vehicle though.
Good place to work..
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 20, 2013
With the current restructures, corporates ideas of what the human body can handle are Very distorted...Pay should reflect this.. Staff is great..
Positive experience
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 15, 2013
I really enjoyed being a letter carrier for the most part. There's a fairly big learning curve and sometimes the crabbiness of other posties or the public can be grating on you but all and all it's a honest days work of an honest days pay as well as a public service.
on call
On call, mail delivery agent (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABAugust 12, 2013
Pros: good salary
Cons: hours of work and on call positin
was looking forward to this position, Then the position was on call, all over Sherwood Park. In formed that it would be 8 hour days at the time of training. After training was working 12-14 hours a day. This did not work with my family life.
A Company that is falling apart and losing money and destined to fail.
Part Time Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 11, 2013
There is no job security now as the future looks bleak, with all the new technology , snail mail will go the way of the dinosaur
Material Handler (Current Employee), MontrealAugust 10, 2013
Set-up machinery for the proper code.
Unload and load parcels and letters into trucks
Great pay and benefits. Canada Post needs change from within.
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 7, 2013
Pros: exercise everyday.
Cons: cold weather.
Start work at 6 am by sorting my route. Tie out mail and put admail,and scannable items together to deliver. Put all mail in relay bags for truck driver to take out.Then out to deliver everything that was sorted. My particular aisle I work in is fantastic because the people I am around are great to work with. All my supervisors are good to work for – more... and try their best to give us the tools to do a good job for the company. The hardest part of my job is being around others in the building that are negative. The most enjoyable part of my job is the freedom I have everyday to walk outside and meet people and deliver the mail. – less
Canada Post was fun!
Volume Counter (Former Employee), Vancouver,B.C.,CanadaAugust 4, 2013
Pros: good wage!
Cons: not enough hours and disorganized beyond belief!
Canada Post all though completely disorganized was a fun place to work at and I learned a thing or two while I was a volume counter for them.
Positive
RSMC Employee (Rural and Suburban mail carrier) (Current Employee), Woodlawn/DunrobinAugust 1, 2013
My job is actually quite enjoyable. I work in the office sorting mail and getting my parcels ready for delivery and also work with a great bunch of people. There are 10 of us in total. The hardest part of my job used to be the extreme weather conditions but after 11 years I am quite used to it. I also get to go out in the afternoons to deliver in my – more... right hand drive vehicle and that breaks up your day quite nicely. Overall I enjoy my job and to be honest I good at it. – less
Great exercise!
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 29, 2013
Pros: exercise
Cons: no hours
Delivery of daily mail and parcels to homes and business'. The management is good. As long as you give them respect they give it back. Co-worker are good some of them are not happy but not everyone is always happy. The hardest part is I am a casual and haven't worked at all this year. I am looking to get a job where I can work and advance. Don't feel – more... very good about my future right now. – less
Excellent benefits package and culturally aware.
Mail Clerk (Full-Time) (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 17, 2013
Pros: corporate events and highlight on family matters
Cons: monotonous work
Learned about Union-related isuses, working as a team and also dependently.
Canada Post should recognize its employees
Letter Carrier Casual (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONJuly 11, 2013
Pros: co-workers, customers
Cons: little to no appreciation
Canada Post is an iconic corporation. however I feel that the corporation forgets about the workers that make Canada Post what it is today. The retail staff bring the revenue in, the clerks distribute the mail and parcels, the carriers deliver the mail and the parcels...I believe the people at the top forget who really does the work to maintain their – more... job security while the people at the bottom have little to no job security.
I love my job at Canada Post I enjoy working with my co-workers, and serving the public. I work hard at my job its just a shame that Canada Post fails to acknowledge the hard work and dedication we have towards our job...The thanks we get is the corporation minimizing the corporate offices, which equals more loss of jobs. – less

About Canada Post

Canada Post Corporation, known more simply as Canada Post, is the Canadian crown corporation which functions as the country's – Read more