Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

OVERWHELMING
Assisting customers (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2015
The management could use some new faces. There really two faced people. The employees are great to work with. 10 hour days scheduling is unfair. I would rather work at a Post Office location instead of the Call centre.
Productive and stimulating workplace
sub contractor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, OntarioAugust 13, 2015
I worked for Canada Post as a sub contractor for fourteen years. There are several different levels of time sensitive products which have to be dealt with on a daily basis. Customer service is paramount and you quickly realize that it takes a lot of people all working from the same playbook to successfully deliver the highest standard of service in a very competitive market.
There was always a great sense of community within and between the employees. Together we formed groups to fundraiser for disadvantaged children and former employees who had fallen on hard times.
I really enjoyed my time at Canada Post and when my contract was up in 2014 I moved back to Ireland.
Pros
Very stimulating, educational work envoiroment
Cons
Being outside on foot or driving in the Canadian winter can be stressfull
Meeting new people.
Postmaster (Former Employee) –  Rossburn, MBDecember 7, 2015
Working for Canada Post has taught me how to interact positively with the public. It was a very enjoyable place to work, especially meeting new people moving to twon.
inside sales and project management
Channel Development- Partner Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
balancing the demands of client management and project management aspect. Acquisition and retention of customer base as well as focus on profitable growth.
fun job bad management
letter carrier/driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 15, 2015
great place to work, bad place/times with the restructuring/downsizing they are doing, its unionized by a non caring union only out to keep their pockets lined
interesting
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 30, 2015
CP is a great company seen from outside, culture is very different .Secondary 5 is enough to get into a management position,
Cons
management concepts
fun place to be
Temporary Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 20, 2015
a fun place to tart your day with good people around the most enjoyable part of the job working and communicating good with my colleagues and connecting with the community.
Pros
na
Corprate
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Quesnel, BCDecember 11, 2015
When I was hired on I expected so much more, maybe that comes from my years of being self employed but its just not what I thought it would be.
Fun, Fast Paced
Post Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, ABDecember 14, 2015
Excellent Employer, Flexible, Great Benefits, Just not a lot of room for advancement and tough to get transfers if needed
enjoyed my time there
Letter Carrier at Canada Post (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 29, 2015
Was a great place to work, people were proud of there jobs . management took good care of us .Co - workers were great . But have to say getting outside to deliver was great also .
Pros
great exercise
Cons
cold rainy days
Challenging work environment
Document procurement specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2015
A new gained respect for mail delivery agents - what they deal with in terms of quantities of mail, parcels, packets, and especially flyers is astounding given the fact they must work under the unscrupulous Canada Post Corporation regime.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Fun,busy
Head Postmaster, Dixonville Office (Current Employee) –  Dixonville, ABNovember 12, 2015
I likes working there and the atmosphere at work.I learned computer skills,books and dealing with the public,cleaning and retail.
it was a great workout walking alot
mail deliverer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 4, 2015
i enjoy walking alot and keeping active as i had to go house to house to deliver mail. it was part time work delivering mail
is not any moore fun plase to work
Letter Carrier/ (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONOctober 14, 2015
unnecessary changes at work loud make job impossible to for fill, for most workers, a lot of halt problems and mental stress
Pros
work outsite
Nice people, physically demanding
Delivery Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 5, 2015
- for new workers, it's not easy because they need to take different route so often
- winter is hard time to work. icy roads are dangerous for letter carriers.
- Christmas season is very busy
- it's nice job after you own your route. same routine every day
- you can stay fit
- nice co-workers
- nice to work outside alone. quiet and pwaceful
Fun work place
Ergonomic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 25, 2015
Working for Canada Post was is a very enjoyable job. Daily routine would be to prepare mail for delivery then to bring mail down to vehicle.
Enjoy the physical aspect of the job
Part-time Mail Clerk (P04) (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 23, 2015
Great team atmosphere
Good Wages and Benefits
Wonderful people to work with in the public
Good supervisory team
Great learning availability
Pros
good physical workout
Cons
only part time
Temporary Volume Counter
Temporary Volume counter (Former Employee) –  Cornwall OntSeptember 24, 2015
Interesting job with great people. The job was to count mail that was to be delivered by mail carriers to determine route changes.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
was only temporary
Great job atmosphere with good training and always kept busy with work.
Temp, Volume Counter (Former Employee) –  Various locations, BCJune 9, 2015
This was a great job for me, they provided ample training in a day and the workload was good to alway keep busy. There were times for indepenedent work and time to work in a team, the staff and management were wonderful to work with. I gained a lot of experience and had good feedback, for me that is a winning position.
Pros
Cons
temp and seasonal work
much opportunity to gain new skills
Resource Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 5, 2015
This large company allowed me many opportunities to learn and grown my skill set. I enjoyed the fast pace and daily challenges that come from an environment that requires immediate daily completion of tasks as well as long term planning. The various duties of a depot Superintendent, for example, allowed me to explore people management, health and safety, fleet management, customer service and many more aspects of daily business. It provided varied tasks and challenges and there was always something new to take on.

The unionized environment requires a lot of attention to process and policy as well as people management.

There are many changes taking place as the company is experiencing a great deal of restructuring making long term career goals in management less viable over the next five years. As a unionized company the reductions will be based solely on seniority and not skill set or work history so for these reasons I am eager to explore new opportunities.
Pros
opportunities
Cons
downsizing and restructuring, seniority based advancement and reductions