Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable place and people to work with.
Mail sorter (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 10, 2014
Pros: good money, and benefitsif you get in
Cons: hard to get in
I come in start with working at one machine that sorted the mail, then moved to another machine to sort the mail further.
Productive and great company
Letter Carrier/ Parcel Deliver (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2014
great benefits and good hours. good co-workers. lots of walking
great people, aweful management staff
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Vancouver BCAugust 3, 2014
work job experience ever! Between the management and the Union, there were way too many politics and I could never seem to figure out what was the solution to most problems.
not that much fun place
letter assorting (Former Employee), Regina SaskachewanAugust 3, 2014
just learned how to do vital signs and i enjoy talking to the oldies.
Clerk
CLERK SUPPORT SERVICE (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 1, 2014
Pros: time off with family
Cons: job ending/term position
file documents
working in a unionized environment
very busy not much time for coworkers
at my level friendly
atmosphere
heading home to my kids
Fun job, but can be difficult.Have tobe on your toes.
contractor (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCJuly 16, 2014
Pros: its great being outside for most of the day, making your own decisions
Cons: its not so great when it snows or pours rain.
A typical day at work starts around 6:30 with the sortation and organization of the mail and parcels. we get the keys for the community mail recepticals at 8:30. we load our vehicles and head out and deliver to c.m.b.s as well as road side mail boxes. when completed we return the sorting station to return keys and upload any scanned information.The work has slowed down for the contractors {such as myself} to the point of looking for differant employment Its been a fun and interesting job and I hate to see it go,but thats the way corperations are going these days.
productive but the company is to political and the supervisors aren't professional
mail carrier (Current Employee), everywhere on the west side of montrealJuly 16, 2014
Pros: circulars are paid
Cons: forced overtime
- i learned that it pays well but really disorganized company.
-your just a number at post canada.. nobody cares about you besides themselves.. especially when it comes to supervisors… Some do there job properly but some are just there to do there 7am-3pm shift and then leave at the end of the day… Every supervisor
(except a few) are lazy, they don't do there job properly, there miserable.. i might of had a bad experience but the way i see it, if someone needs advice, YOUR ON YOUR OWN..
documents are lost or not sent at the right time and then u look like a liar in the end… nobody ever wants to admit that there wrong or they always point at someone else but themselves..
- Co-workers are fun to work with… you have the few that just don't care but most part, there fun to work with…
- Hardest part of the job is the winter
- The most enjoyable part of the job is that u get to work outdoors and your paid well but money isn't always the best way to go..
- You don't have a full time position until 2years minimum
- Your always on call so you never know if your gonna work or not.. they could call u by day or every thursday.. u gotta be available between 6am-11am incase they call u to go to work.. if they don't then u just wasted your day
Once you are out delivering ,you are independent
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Edmonton AbJuly 15, 2014
Pros: lots of exersize
Cons: bad management, low pay
Start early ,you really need to be fast and efficient at sorting letters and pulling them in order of delivery . Must be in top shape for delivery.
Great exercise
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Fort McMurray,AB.July 8, 2014
Was good until after the strike. Not sure about now...
Management was coming and going on a regular basis.
Loved the experience
Part time assistant (Former Employee), Tahsis, BCJune 27, 2014
Great Place to Work, I enjoyed the experience. Job was part time and I moved to Nanaimo, or I would have stayed with it.
Productive and fun place to work
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), SCLPPJune 20, 2014
The work was repetitive but tolerable. I meeting new people and working with them.
Temp Permanent
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Halifax, Nova ScotiaJune 20, 2014
Pros: excellant team work, great supervisors.
Cons: on your feet with steel toes.
This is a great job especially if you're looking to get in better shape. Huge downfall for Temp permanent if you only work one day the union takes about 80% of your earning and you walk away earning less than minimum wage. They collect as if you have worked a full month even if you have only worked 2 days. They charge you a full 30 days rather than taking 1/30th or 2/30ths of your income. Not at all fair and very frustrating.
Fun and cooparative people
Postal Clerk-On call casual (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 19, 2014
Good work, good pay, great union. people are very helpful. I don't have much experience working with them but so far all good.
Great work place where every employee is treated with fairness and respect
QA Tester for Web and Mobile (contract) (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 19, 2014
At Canada Post, employees get a caring and compassionate work environment - one in which every every employee makes a difference and feels as an invaluable member of the team. Canada Post helps you achieve your full potential and you might find opportunities to develop and expand your career. Like all large organizations, Canada Post is often faced with challenges that require difficult decisions and as an employee you feel invaluable member who makes things happen.
Good to work out doors
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 17, 2014
I dont see a future at Canada Post ,,, they are cutting jobs at a fast pace!
productive and fun
counter (Former Employee), Prince George, BCJune 13, 2014
counting mail and bubbling cards fun environment to work for co workers were really nice
Fast paste/Fun
Mail Carrier (Former Employee), Wikwemikong, ONJune 13, 2014
I enjoyed working with my coworkers. It was fast and fun. Hardest part winter driving no matter what the day was like.
fast paced day,went by quick
Letter/Parcel sorter (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 10, 2014
Pros: excellent wage
Cons: not enough hours
good place to work, good wage, opportunity for advancement, co-workers always there to help you.
Letter carrier
Delivery Agent (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJune 10, 2014
Pros: great pay, enjoyable labour
Cons: work as a temp for 4-5 years before being hired on.
Sort mail and parcels for street delivery. Use handheld scanner to track parcels. I have learnt how to be efficient in my job. Management makes sure the mail gets out and passes information about changes or safety. My co-workers were mostly helpful when you needed it. The hardest part of the job was working in adverse conditions. The most enjoyable part was keeping physically fit, walking between 5-10 Kms a day.
letter carrier
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 6, 2014
Pros: walking
Cons: advancement
I really enjoyed being able to socialize with my co-workers for a few hours at the start of the day (while sorting mail), but then have the few hours by yourself while you were delivering on the street. Even with the extreme weather, I really enjoyed being able to exercise all day long!
Headquarters