Canada Post Employee Reviews

A great environment to work in and great place to work
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 27, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Canada Post, the hours were long and I was able to work indoors and outdoors. I was able to develop my skills in customer service and with this position, was able to meet the many people that I delivered the mail to. I delivered mail, parcels and add mail to customers, including customer parcels witch required a signature for and proof of ID. The hardest thing I found was the standing while sorting the mail, as I would have to stand in the same place for long periods of time. What I loved about the job was being outdoors and being able to enjoy the nice weather once it had arrived. I leaned how to use a scanner, and was responsible for a set of community mailboxes. I was also trained to drive a left handed mail vehicle as all of the routes were rural and suburban routes.
Pros
Standing in one spot for long periods of time
Cons
The people make it a joy to come to work
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 26, 2016
Opportunity to work in a variety of job positions. A happy atmosphere - always music playing. A high intensity, fast paced environment but never a feeling of overbearing pressure.
Pros
Good wage and benefits
Cons
Little chance for advancement
I do conduct sports facilities
Manager, Recreation Facility (Current Employee) –  CanadaMarch 21, 2016
yes i can,,,I can work in this field is a specialized university and I can do as well as training courses in Itaglq domain Sports
Pros
free
Cons
long
good money if you are prepared to do the work
letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2016
Not an easy job, alot harder than it looks. Alot to remember and on your feet standing/walking for approx 7 hours a day. Seniority decides who gets what position. Alot of variety within the company and you can transfer to anywhere in Canada if there is an opening.
Pros
job does not come home with you
Cons
poor environment, alot of unhappy people
Great compensation and benefits
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 17, 2016
This career is perfect for someone in great shape, who has a great attitude and the ability to learn in a quick and fast paced environment. I felt that my educational background and people skills were not able to be utilized as most work was done individually or with very small groups. I was the youngest person in most depots and that had its pros and cons. i was transferred to canada post in BC and enjoyed the experience although i was needed at home in Brampton due to family obligations. So now looking for employment here closer to home.
Pros
great exercise while working
Cons
low senority
Good start.
Training and Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 17, 2016
Good for a starter. I would recommend it for someone who is seeking somewhere to begin a career. Not for a long term though.
Productive and fun place to work
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 15, 2016
Great opportunity to work with Canada Post.
All the co workers are very helpful which makes a great team.
Great supervisors with helping hands .
to be successful ,love what you do .
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 14, 2016
I like working as a member in a friendly team,with the best supervisors ever.
I always meet the deadlines and complete my tasks perfectly.
Productive and great work experience
Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 8, 2016
Reviewing security clearances and assisting with other office tasks. Great team and relationship with co-workers and managers. Great work experience in a crown corporation, with flexible work environment.
Pros
Busy and challenging
Productive and fun place to work
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMarch 1, 2016
Delivered mail door-door, loved meeting and getting to know my customers and their families. Co-workers were great to work with and management was easy to talk with.
Pros
working outside and meeting new people
Cons
too many rumours in workplace
Glendon Hotel/Motel
Temporary RSMC (Current Employee) –  St. Lina, ABFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day would include serving customers, stocking the cooler, and balancing the tills.
I had awesome co-workers, who were easy and fun to work with. The manager was great to work for, and was very approachable. I enjoyed the interaction with my co-workers and customers.
Fun and fast paced
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCFebruary 24, 2016
I got to spend my mornings working with people and the rest of the day on my own. The harder and faster I worked, the sooner I got home.
Pros
work independentley
Cons
christmas rush. road conditions
Horrible place
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  CanadaFebruary 24, 2016
Management is very, very sadistic. Canada Post offers lousy training and very little help once you actually start.

The vast majority of the management team bullies and harasses on a daily basis.

If you can endure you'll make an okay wage. It has a fairly decent collective agreement, but it is being stripped.
Friendly enivronment
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2016
Working at Canada post teaches you to learn new thing everyday. I believe life is learning process and everyday you learn something new. The typical day at work usually include handling postage to customers, up selling the coins and others promotional offers to customers. Assisting customer through customs, Delivering customers their parcels, Creating final notice reports for parcels and returns.Daily paper work and administrative work.The management team is very friendly and helpful to each other during the mail pick up time, it is usually business everyone cooperates with each other and work in fast pace, making customers happy.
Great people to work with and find work life balance
Postal clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Canada Post Corporation has been serving Canadians and people around the world since 1867. Feels great to be part of Canadian Heritage. At the moment I am employed as casual, on call evenings and weekend shift. Typical shift runs between 6 to 8 hours, where I am assigned to one of over 25 sections of the plant with minimum of 12 persons per section. Mostly mail comes to the plant as bulk and each work area sorts out particular type of mail, i.e. publications, business correspondence, letter mail, parcels, packages or packets. We scan, label and sort incoming or out going mail, feed mail to sorting machines and tag, label filled bins or skids of parcels then pass finished items to forklift operators to send those items to their perspective destination. So far have worked with hundreds of co-workers in rotating assignments, we get alone very well and often times share lunch with each other. Our supervisors are always on hand to help us if there is any issue or help is needed. So far its been over a year working for Canada Post and I wish there were more hours available to work.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
not enough hours
magic place to work
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 17, 2016
great 30 years loved interaction with customers daily the hours flex able kept me healthy and fit hardest part winter storms
Pros
regular employement
Cons
weather
Good job , enjoyable at times
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCFebruary 10, 2016
Your day would start be sorting your mail and parcels to be delivered ,you would put the mail in order of travel to be delivered .
Management is not very good , very bullying and controlling . People who couldn't make it as lettercarriers have been made managers .
My co workers were great they totally made the job fun and enjoyable I made a lot of good friends at work .
Winter conditions made the job harder , slip trips and falls are common . If you did hurt yourself at work you would often have to make up a story of how you went over on your ankle for instance because it just doesn't happen you must have done something to come to that injury . Who hasn't just went over on an ankle at one time or another and when you walk 9 miles a day it happens .
Very good benefits and holidays , the best part of the job was all the people I delivered to .
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Bad management, forced over time .
Ideal work place for advancement, good atmosphere and enjoyable
Delivery Planning Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 5, 2016
A great place to work, with regular hours and optimal pay. Everyday you would learn new things, and have challenges to complete. Co-workers were great, and the experience I gained is invaluable. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was not repetitive, everyday brought a new challenge.
Productive and busy while physically demanding.
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 5, 2016
Sort parcels for different locations within Canada, Sort heavy 3rd class mail such as magazines, sort letter for city delivery.
Pros
Co-worker's like having fun at a repetitive job.
Cons
Physically demanding job
not for everyone
Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
good pay, great co workers, and a job which isnt made for everyone to enjoy.

stressful for beginners will have to work in all different weather conditions and timings.