Canada Post Employee Reviews

Good workers
Mail Service Courier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
I enjoyed my time at Canada Post, the workers and my supervisors were great. I would have stayed longer if it wasn't for my temporary position. I have a lot of respect for Postal Workers!
Very physical work
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 November 2016
Required to prepare product for delivery. must work well with others and the public. Good memory and problem solving required. Lifting up to 50lbs is required as well as a clean driving abstract
Assistant Postmaster (Current Employee) –  Borden, SK3 November 2016
Canada Post is a fun and busy place to work. Working in a different town when needed has been very beneficial for work experience. The employees are helpful in a time of need.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Place
Postal Clerk (Retail & Operations) (Current Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON20 January 2017
Co-Workers are great
Meet new People everyday
Fair breaks
Very Flexible with hours and assignments
Lots of looking up addresses and lifting parcels and boxes
fun and independed
Clerk/ CSC/ Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON3 August 2016
Over the years I have gained independence, knowledge and experience working for Canada Post along with patience. Canada Post needs to work on expanding business then cutting back and taking services away from customers who have had this service for years.
Pros
Pension and a decent pay
Cons
to many managers at the top
Necessary service
RSMC, Rural Suburban Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2016
emotionally draining to sort manual mail, packets, parcels and collate flyers in a timely manner in order to be effectively ready to deliver said mail in sort amount of time. Very important to be well rested and alert to perform at best of your ability. Need to be well organized.
Pros
sense of accomplishment
a mix of Improvement Potential but not without a sense of Jeopardy
Middle Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 July 2016
Best paid indoor jobs within humane and high tech facilities.
Lots of management tools available but could use some on hands on training to benefit effectively. Now beginning to grow increasingly in paper pushing management staff instead of talented, front line, hands on teamleaders. Union has grown to be the major stumbling block for competitiveness of the organization in the global market.
Fast paced workplace and great people to work with
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 November 2016
Great people to work with, always something different, lots of opportunities. Most enjoyable part is being outside. Hardest part of the job , being outside(winter).
Horrible Employer
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2016
I worked for Canada Post for over 10 years and as soon as I got sick and need multiple surgeries and went on disability I was treated horrible by my supervisors. The benefits and pay was good. They are horrible to deal with when it comes to communication. If you need to speak with someone in the office you are put through to an answering machine and no one ever calls you back. I am now retiring and was told that I owe over $900.00 in over payment. I called and finally spoke with someone yesterday and now I owe $1,900.00??! I am a sick person with bills to pay and medical bills to pay and now they want to rob me of $1,900.00? I have not received a statement in the mail in months to provide me with a reason or a break down as to what this charge is for.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Horrible communication. Stressful environment. Rude management.
Its hard to get in
5 Ton Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Good company, good benefits, great pension plan, but the hiring process is weird. Takes a long time to get full time status. High turn over rate.
Pros
great pension
Cons
hard to get in
Fun work place
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 February 2017
The pay is good but there is no job security since they dont do permanent anymore only casuals. The hours could be so early during christmas time
Pros
no job security
Cons
good pay
Good workplace NOT enough hours
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
It was hard laborious work, with little help in terms of guidance from management. Pay was decent but the hours were very tempermental.
good work uncertain future
Ontario-Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 September 2016
great place to work but an uncertain future makes it tough to consider this as a career for current and future generations. wonderful to work outside and deal with the public.
Pros
monday-friday
Cons
uncertain future
Very little work offered, great if you live with parents
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 July 2016
So many people quit, the turnover is huge
They called me once a week, every time a different route,I ended up going back to my country I was an Engineer.
Canada Post is a horrible employer, the managers are not welcoming and tired of all the new trainees
Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, long walks, weather conditions, dogs
Great workplace
Coordinator, PDT Deployment (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Great workplace. Had the opportunity to meet some amazing people. The tasks were challenging but I loved it because it kept me on my toes.
POSTAL CLERK (PO4) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 June 2016
I work in City Finals which means this department sorts the mail to the letter carrier routes to whichever depot in the City of Edmonton. With Edmonton growing as it is, I get to learn more street names and where they are located so if asked for directions from someone I would be able to assist them. I am able to get alone with both the management and my co-workers. I find that working nights and trying to sleep during the day (especially in summer as it is brighter and warmer during the day) can be problematic but there are ways around that. The best part, I find, is getting the job done by getting the mail sorted to the letter carrier so that they can get the mail to our customer.
Pros
Seniority gives you the option for work placement
Cons
Possibility of being locked out and/or on strike whenever contract ends.
great
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ontario13 September 2016
love the job ;enjoy my staff and co workers. the idea of possible advancement is a great golden ring to me.
the management team that runs this corporation has the interest of the workers behind them and the future looks great.
Pros
laughs
Cons
no laughs
negative atmosphere.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2016
- negative environment with little to no room for advancement
- corporate culture has no employee engagement
- job itself is great with opportunities to help unroll critical corporate projects to customers with a face to face presence
Complete
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ON18 July 2016
A good place to work. It helps if you're related to the post master though. A lot of family works here, but I wasn't one of them. I proved I was a reliable, and dependable employee. I never took a sick day off work, in all my years there. I had a great track record, to my credit.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Worked in rain, sleet and snow
Its a love, hate job
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC14 December 2016
Some days are great and others are very difficult, each day is a new experience, have to drive my own vehicle, do not like that.