Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work with great people, enjoy it a lot
RSMC contractor (Current Employee), amherstburg, ontarioMay 13, 2013
Pros: independence, weekends off, good amount of physical labor
Cons: heavy rain days require multiple changes of clothes
i rather enjoy my job at Canada Post as an RSMC. I get to interact with friendly people both in the office and out on route. I have learned a great deal about organization as well as improved my driving skills. though i also work well in a team environment, i enjoy the more or less independence i have as an RSMC knowing the support is there if i need it
Productive and fast faced working environment
Postal Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: heavy lifting
If your shift if 4-12, you need to prepare yourself going to work after lunch .It is fun to work there especially if you already build some friendships with your co-worker. It is very important that someone working there is physically healthy to be able to do the job. the hardest part of the job is the lifting of heavy parcels coming from machine conveyor, unloading and uploading parcels to trucks.
The most enjoyable part of the job is during break time wherein you can socialize to other workers
Great work place where every employee is treated with fairness and respect
QA Tester for Web and Mobile (contract) (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 19, 2014
At Canada Post, employees get a caring and compassionate work environment - one in which every every employee makes a difference and feels as an invaluable member of the team. Canada Post helps you achieve your full potential and you might find opportunities to develop and expand your career. Like all large organizations, Canada Post is often faced with challenges that require difficult decisions and as an employee you feel invaluable member who makes things happen.
Enjoyable work environment
Ergonomic Assistant (Former Employee), Powassan, ONApril 27, 2014
Pros: you get to know the people your providing service for!
Cons: driving in bad winter weather
head to work, sort mail, deliver mail and parcels to resident's who are home and get signatures or take them back to office if not home. I learned how to sort mail and deliver mail in a certain way and deadline. Co-workers were excellent to work with on a daily basis. The hardest part would be driving in winter weather. The most enjoyable part of this job would be seeing all the wildlife on the way through my route.
13 years as a operational supervisor and declared surplus
Operational Supervisor (Former Employee), Langley, BCJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Leadership experience
Cons: Out of a job, declared surplus
Not much to say. Worked hard, lots of shifts, A daily commute from Surrey to Vancouver for many years and transferred to Langley to be closer to home. Had to start holiday seniority all over but I didn't have to commute as far. I ran afternoon shift operations for six years and then declared surplus when I was promised that would never happen. It did. We had to sell the house we built and move.
Miserable postal employees
Volume Counter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Cons: sittiting around waiting. bring a good book!
Volume Counter

You get up incredibly early, depending on where you live, you get at the location at 7:30am only to sit around for a hour and a half or two hours. I worked there for 3 years and they paid $17.17/hr and in June 2014 the reduced the pay to $15/hr. Meanwhile in Alberta, they pay $20/hr for the same work.

The job is not difficult. It's mindless work. If you consider that enjoyable, then it's enjoyable.
You can make it a fun place to work at.
LETTER CARRIER (Current Employee), OakvilleNovember 16, 2013
I go to work fairly early,pick up my mail and sort it into my case after doing that I sort through my parcels. After everything is in I tie out my mail load everything into my vehicle for delivery. Our supervisors are great and make it easy to talk to with any problems. I find the hardest part of the job is having to deal with the weather and of course we have our busy season.The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with and the flexability I have.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee), Richmond HillMarch 3, 2015
It was a great environment to work in. A typical day consisted of putting out the mail from the previous day that didn't get sent out and ensuring a smooth operation of the post office for the remainder of the day. This included, signing for mail deliveries, sorting mail for customer pick-up, and addressing customer needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the regular customers because they already knew me so I felt more comfortable and confident in meeting their needs.
Sort, load and organize vehicle, and then deliver the mail
Contract Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCSeptember 24, 2013
Cons: paid at a set rate even if the run took longer
A typical day at work consist of grabbing all your mail from different areas in the factory, sorting it out by yourself in your own cubical. If I had any questions I could ask fellow employees or even the manager. Hardest thing to deal with was the Scanner, but once I had the hang of it,it was a walk in the park.
Great exercise!
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 29, 2013
Pros: exercise
Cons: no hours
Delivery of daily mail and parcels to homes and business'. The management is good. As long as you give them respect they give it back. Co-worker are good some of them are not happy but not everyone is always happy. The hardest part is I am a casual and haven't worked at all this year. I am looking to get a job where I can work and advance. Don't feel very good about my future right now.
I am presently a supervisor at Canada Post
Suupervisor (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: good wage and benefits
Cons: need a change
I would like a change from my current postion. Presently I supervisor of 25 employees, I have learned a great deal about the company and myself working as a supervisor. I do enjoy my postion for the most part but I am no longer challeged and feel that it is not only unfair to myself but to my employees and the company. I feel I would benefit from new challeges and any new company or postion I am hired for will not be disappointed in my ablilities.
Great paying job and good hours
General Labourer and Transportation (Former Employee), Windsor, OnSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
At first worked in the plant with the sorting machines. I was required to sort the mail per postal codes. Daily quota's were 5000 an hour. I had no problems with management or co-workers. I eventually transferred to transportation because they offered full time positions. I then worked by myself. I loaded my truck and made drop offs to various locations.
Loved working on my own time
RMC Delivery (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABOctober 16, 2015
Pros: You make your own hours when you start or finish as long as your delivery was completed by 5pm
Cons: nothing at all
Enjoyed the environment when I worked at Canada Post. The staff and co workers were friendly and helpful.
I sorted mail and parcels that were to be delivered. We organized them in our buckets for delivery. Lifted up to 80lbs...usually around Xmas was the most and heaviest.
Able to work with minimal supervision Healthy work conditions
Letter carrier Rural & Suburban Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCDecember 17, 2013
Pros: working with great people
Cons: winter cold
Start work at 6am sort all mail into letter cases, redirect mail, scan all parcels, deliver mail, pick mail up from street letter boxes. Return to post office.

Loved working with my co workers as a team player

The hardest part of the job was working in severe winter conditions

The best part of the job was working outdoors and meeting different types of people
Post Office Clerk
Office Clerk (Current Employee), Misssauga, ONAugust 21, 2014
Pros: fast- paced, friendly, public dealing
Cons: limited employees
Overall, the work environment is well maintained. Management kept team well directed. The work load is medium but very fast paced, dealing with customers, greeting and thanking them at the end of every transaction, or interaction. Being clean, pleasant and knowledgeable of the services offered. Being a service advisor by the employee is not required but always to be aware of what is best for consumer needs.
The best job of my worklife thus far.
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMarch 31, 2014
My co-workers, throughout the Niagara Region's various depots were I was stationed, were thoroughly enjoyable and helpful to work with. Management in each depot, too, was always fair and treated me very well. The best aspect of being a letter carrier for 10 years was, while delivering to mail route in 6 different cities, getting to meet hundreds of people from all walks of life.
Alot of interaction with fellow workers, and make new friends.
retired (Former Employee), Guelph, ONDecember 3, 2013
Pros: christmas parties
Cons: the cold weather
I would arrive at work. Collect mail to be sorted. Prepare the mail for delivery. Then I would go out and deliver the mail.
I also took a temporary time to be a manager. But at that time I was not offered a full time position. So I returned to my normal position as a letter carrier. One of the most enjoyable thing is the hockey tournaments.
Depending where you work it is a good place to work.
RMC (Former Employee), Thamesville,Dresden, Pain CourtMarch 4, 2013
Pros: easy work, you meet nice people
Cons: other kinds of management you meet.
I worked as a RMC relief and worked at 3 different places. The last place I did relief as a RMC I was harassed by postmaster and filed a complaint with the area supervisor. His way of dealing with it was dismissing me. I also learned that RMC contractors are not employees of Canada Post even if your pay stubs say you are.
Productive, team environment.
CANADA POST - VARIOUS (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: experience, diversity, team environment
Cons: instability during restructuring.
After 18 1/2 years of working in several positions at Canada Post, my positions was cut during a restructuring of the business.

I enjoyed working in large projects that brought change to internal processes with vendors and outsourcing as well as new procedures and technical changes within the Corporation. I was also involved with change that would impact the unioned employees with the building of a new mechanized plant in Winnipeg.
This is a company that does not care about employees
Delivery Planner (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 1, 2013
Pros: great benefits for union workers
Cons: don't care about their employees
If you are in a union, this is a great job! If you are not.....so sorry!
This company preaches values and work/life balance but never follows through. The bottom lines rules and management is overpaid and the company is top-heavy.

If you are non-union, regardless of years of service, if they need to cut costs, you are gone! No warning, no options, just gone.....
Headquarters