Canada Post Employee Reviews

Great project job
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Powell River, BC14 January 2017
The job was a project job which was a few weeks long. The role was to count the number of pieces of mail that came through the specific geographical area in order to assess the number of staff and rural mailboxes needed. The staff were amazing and outgoing and I made good friends during that time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
A great environment to work in and great place to work
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON27 March 2016
I really enjoyed working at Canada Post, the hours were long and I was able to work indoors and outdoors. I was able to develop my skills in customer service and with this position, was able to meet the many people that I delivered the mail to. I delivered mail, parcels and add mail to customers, including customer parcels witch required a signature for and proof of ID. The hardest thing I found was the standing while sorting the mail, as I would have to stand in the same place for long periods of time. What I loved about the job was being outdoors and being able to enjoy the nice weather once it had arrived. I leaned how to use a scanner, and was responsible for a set of community mailboxes. I was also trained to drive a left handed mail vehicle as all of the routes were rural and suburban routes.
Pros
Standing in one spot for long periods of time
Cons
Wonderful outdoor, people friendly environment.
Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2016
Great to be working outside and to be dealing with the public on a daily basis. I truly enjoy this job. The sorting and the time at the depot can be a bit boring but at the same time hectic. The true joy of this job is being outside, delivering door to door and meeting the customers along your route.
great for cardio
Postal Service Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2016
-great work out
-new routes new challenges
-sorting mail can be draining in the morning
-must have clean driving record to operate company vehicle
-deal with the public
-learn how every station runs accordingly
-great work/life balance
Pros
great for health
Cons
your basically doing labour
Great company to work for
Real Estate Manager - Western Canada, Calgary (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
Canada Post is a great company to work for with lots of interesting work and people to work with… lots of travel and challenges with the type of work product required
Delivery Agent, (Temporary/Casual on Call) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 November 2016
Great compny with lots of chance to grow. Very physical nature of job which requires healthy and happy person. Nature of job is little dangerous but if you are performing your job with attention to your soundings you can avoid job related injuries.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Physically demanding
be patient
Chauffeur classe 3 (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 December 2016
was trained in November 2015 for the holidays rush,was first called in 4 months later......work on call only,no uniform provided until confirmed(permanent in a position).....
Pros
good wage, easy job, work alone, on the road
Cons
on call, no garantee of hours, last minute call (sometimes)
Just a job - not enjoyable
Mail Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
No leadership for Supervisors. Upper management is very close minded and do not take the time to grow their supervisors.
Friendly enivronment
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 February 2016
Working at Canada post teaches you to learn new thing everyday. I believe life is learning process and everyday you learn something new. The typical day at work usually include handling postage to customers, up selling the coins and others promotional offers to customers. Assisting customer through customs, Delivering customers their parcels, Creating final notice reports for parcels and returns.Daily paper work and administrative work.The management team is very friendly and helpful to each other during the mail pick up time, it is usually business everyone cooperates with each other and work in fast pace, making customers happy.
Fast paced job with not a lot of time to socialize
Mail mobile letter carrier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 January 2017
This job keeps you on you toes. Everyday is different from the last one. I liked it that way because you just didn't know what you were getting on any given day. I enjoyed the challenge
Most toxic environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC7 September 2015
Worst company ever. Culture is stab everyone in the back. Management don't know what they are doing and treat people with disrespect and disdain. Don't believe the advertisement, they'll manage to pay you less and give you no benefits. They think they're doing you a favour. You can't trust anyone and they work you down to the bone. Worst experience of my life. Stay clear.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Workload; management; pay; toxic environment; culture; manipulation.
fun
Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 October 2016
I have learned how to deal with different type of people. Most enjoyable part is when customers leave happy after i serve them. Sometimes the hardest part is when people needed to show there ID, they never have it with them or dont want to show them.
Pros
discount
Cons
short hours
Good workers
Mail Service Courier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
I enjoyed my time at Canada Post, the workers and my supervisors were great. I would have stayed longer if it wasn't for my temporary position. I have a lot of respect for Postal Workers!
Would recommend
Process Engineer (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2016
I worked here for one of my co-op terms. You receive your yellow belt in six sigma and I was given a project where I could practice it and learn more about it.

Sometimes you have to come in during odd hours, so a car is recommended.
Challenging environment
Director, Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 November 2016
Strong departmental focus and co-operation, faced with challenging interdepartmental relationships and difficulties in obtaining consensus.
Pros
Security of position
Cons
Political interference
Fun place to work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, QC18 October 2016
Really enjoyed arriving to work in the morning great co workers, friendly environment . Enjoyed my work on the road dealing with customers. Sometimes could run into some bad weather, but if u take your time all would be good.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Bad weather
Fast paced workplace and great people to work with
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 November 2016
Great people to work with, always something different, lots of opportunities. Most enjoyable part is being outside. Hardest part of the job , being outside(winter).
Fun, Fast Paced
Post Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, AB14 December 2015
Excellent Employer, Flexible, Great Benefits, Just not a lot of room for advancement and tough to get transfers if needed
Very physical work
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 November 2016
Required to prepare product for delivery. must work well with others and the public. Good memory and problem solving required. Lifting up to 50lbs is required as well as a clean driving abstract
Letter Carrier
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Sydney NS21 March 2015
Canada Post has forced 14 hour work days regardless of work life balance or weather conditions and forced overtime causing many injuries to others, while at the same time doubling the work load and eliminating jobs.

My co workers are very supportive, and have adjusted to the changes in pain but with a endurance. Management is legislative so open communication is void.

The hardest part of the job is the politics and trying to do your job without the political distraction.

The best part is being physically active, interacting with the public, and the duties themselves.
Benefits
Cons
work life balance