Canada Post Employee Reviews

Its hard to get in
5 Ton Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Good company, good benefits, great pension plan, but the hiring process is weird. Takes a long time to get full time status. High turn over rate.
Pros
great pension
Cons
hard to get in
Great Place
Postal Clerk (Retail & Operations) (Current Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON20 January 2017
Co-Workers are great
Meet new People everyday
Fair breaks
Very Flexible with hours and assignments
Lots of looking up addresses and lifting parcels and boxes
Good coworkers, punitive management
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 January 2017
I enjoyed eachone of my coworkers. I did not like the way in which management dealt with new carriers. I was put in a dangerous situation by management simple because they wanted to get mail out quickly. I was injured, then forced to report for work. even though I was not physically capable of completing any tasks associated with my job.
Pros
physically active
Cons
dangerous conditions in the winter
Busy and challenging place to work
RSMC - Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Preeceville, SK17 January 2017
Canada Post offers excellent pay, benefits, and opportunity for advancement.
But you have to be flexible and prepared for any number of challenges during a day. The work requirements are high. High sales, high volume, and little room for error.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Unpaid hours when work loads get high
Best place for benefits
Industrial/Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 January 2017
Best benefits package, join if you can find permanent job. Contract workers are not treated equally, no training for contract employees, high level of politics.
Pros
Best package
Cons
Job is not secure
Great Company to work with.
Rural Mail Carrier Replacement (Former Employee) –  Escuminac, QC14 January 2017
While working with Canada Post, I enjoyed my time I spent delivering the mail. Sorted the mail and readied everything for my route. The hours were very sufficient for the customers on my route. I delivered to approx. 4 communities within the time frame allotted.
Co-Workers were the best to work with. Very sufficient and took pride in their careers. Would very much love to work for this company again.
Pros
Short Hours
Cons
Wintery Weather was not the best weather to work in.
Great project job
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Powell River, BC14 January 2017
The job was a project job which was a few weeks long. The role was to count the number of pieces of mail that came through the specific geographical area in order to assess the number of staff and rural mailboxes needed. The staff were amazing and outgoing and I made good friends during that time.
Pros
Pay
letter carrier
releif letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
if you love being outside independent this is job for you. great benefits , being outside all day makes for a great work enviroment
Great company to work for
Real Estate Manager - Western Canada, Calgary (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
Canada Post is a great company to work for with lots of interesting work and people to work with… lots of travel and challenges with the type of work product required
Fast paced job with not a lot of time to socialize
Mail mobile letter carrier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 January 2017
This job keeps you on you toes. Everyday is different from the last one. I liked it that way because you just didn't know what you were getting on any given day. I enjoyed the challenge

Want to know more about Canada Post?

Ask a question
Canada Post Jobs
Letter Carrier / MSC Driver / Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 January 2017
In the beginning working for Canada Post in hard work and long hours. But once you get used to it the work gets easier and you get faster the days do get shorter and you learn to love it. Most people are very nice to you and you look forward to the walk and seeing customers.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
you are a number
Professional, striving to improve
Delivery Planning Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 January 2017
Great company to work for lots of room for growth and advancement.
Work days were constantly different, great opportunity to develop professional skills under a high pressure environment.
Pros
Salary, benifits
Cons
Union
great co workers
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  torontio5 January 2017
sorting of mail, i learned how to work on all types of machines. Management was fair, co workers ware great. The hardest part of the job was clocking in and out of areas. The most enjoyable part was the pay
Pros
close to home
Cons
swift work
Busy fast paced.
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  BC3 January 2017
Every day is different. Every route is different. Letter mail and bulk are sorted into a case. Once completed then the sequenced mail is bundled together with the corresponding letter mail, into the appropriate stops. Parcels are pdt scanned and numbered according to stops distinguishing which items are for signature, safe drop, collect, leave at the door or parcel box. All mail, packets, parcels and flyers are loaded into your vehicle and transported to appropriate sites. Most co-workers are great. Some however feel the need to constantly powertrip and belittle others most days, with no consequences to their actions.
Pros
Working alone daily. Being outside. Working Mon-Fri.
Cons
Heavy lifting, oversized packages, weather, lots of flyers. Using your own vehicle.
Good workers
Mail Service Courier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
I enjoyed my time at Canada Post, the workers and my supervisors were great. I would have stayed longer if it wasn't for my temporary position. I have a lot of respect for Postal Workers!
Busy Productive Place
Aministrative Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto31 December 2016
I learned,Federal Union Culture. Management is Partly Autocratic & Team Leaders. Co-workers are amazing & very very co-operative.
The hardest part of the job is sometimes need to walk in the plant for 3 to 4 hours & the most enjoyable part of the job is to work on Facer machines.
Pros
Free Benefits & Pension Plan
Cons
Long Hours
be patient
Chauffeur classe 3 (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 December 2016
was trained in November 2015 for the holidays rush,was first called in 4 months later......work on call only,no uniform provided until confirmed(permanent in a position).....
Pros
good wage, easy job, work alone, on the road
Cons
on call, no garantee of hours, last minute call (sometimes)
Its a love, hate job
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC14 December 2016
Some days are great and others are very difficult, each day is a new experience, have to drive my own vehicle, do not like that.
Productive with supportive co-workers and friendly atmosphere
Temporary on call Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 December 2016
Fairly easy going as long you are well organized, you will learn a lot about how the mail system works and that there is much more to it than we see as consumers. Most co-workers are very friendly, supportive people that will do their utmost to help you succeed and get through the tough parts of the job. The hardest parts of the job are probably memorization of the various ways which you need to process mail dependent on circumstance and the adjustment to the physical demand on your body if you are a foot-walk letter carrier. There are many enjoyable aspects of the job from socialization to the work out it provides to the compensation and advancement opportunities, it all depends on your personality and what motivates you.
No future for new hires
Mail Service Courier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 December 2016
CPC could be a decent place to work but there is no future for drivers. They won't call you for weeks, then expect you to be available entire weeks getting only 4-5 hrs. in the heart of the day.
You have to work elsewhere to make money yet the hours at CPC don't work well for having a second job.
Older drivers never seem to quit and about half are only PT anyways. You would have to put up with a lot for many years just for PT.
I was hired a part of a class of 16. When I quit, that was it. All 16 were now gone.
They have to make this more attractive for casual employees to stay.
Pros
pay is decent and so are most coworkers
Cons
Bad data terminals which are overused for no good reason.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Post. Our community is ready to answer.