Canada Post Employee Reviews

corporate environment with a good future
MCSC 5-ton Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
I liked working here because of the security and the work environment. Management was good. my typical day consisted of driving from point A to B usually more then one stop
No future for new hires
Mail Service Courier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 December 2016
CPC could be a decent place to work but there is no future for drivers. They won't call you for weeks, then expect you to be available entire weeks getting only 4-5 hrs. in the heart of the day.
You have to work elsewhere to make money yet the hours at CPC don't work well for having a second job.
Older drivers never seem to quit and about half are only PT anyways. You would have to put up with a lot for many years just for PT.
I was hired a part of a class of 16. When I quit, that was it. All 16 were now gone.
They have to make this more attractive for casual employees to stay.
Pros
pay is decent and so are most coworkers
Cons
Bad data terminals which are overused for no good reason.
good group of people I worked with
ocr-on call relief (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 October 2016
good job but can be long hours summers are shorter days but in the winter with daylight hours can be a problem some times we use our own vehicles and we have to take care of the maintenance on them
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
long hours at christmas
Good workplace NOT enough hours
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
It was hard laborious work, with little help in terms of guidance from management. Pay was decent but the hours were very tempermental.
POSTAL CLERK (PO4) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 June 2016
I work in City Finals which means this department sorts the mail to the letter carrier routes to whichever depot in the City of Edmonton. With Edmonton growing as it is, I get to learn more street names and where they are located so if asked for directions from someone I would be able to assist them. I am able to get alone with both the management and my co-workers. I find that working nights and trying to sleep during the day (especially in summer as it is brighter and warmer during the day) can be problematic but there are ways around that. The best part, I find, is getting the job done by getting the mail sorted to the letter carrier so that they can get the mail to our customer.
Pros
Seniority gives you the option for work placement
Cons
Possibility of being locked out and/or on strike whenever contract ends.
Great Environment
Volume Counter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
I was only a temporary worker there (Volume Count) but the staff and management were all very accomodating and easy to get along with. Everything was organized and follwed a set plan. Very much enjoyed it there
letter carrier
releif letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
if you love being outside independent this is job for you. great benefits , being outside all day makes for a great work enviroment
Excellent company to work for.
RSMC (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB17 May 2016
Lots of laughs and giggles with co-workers and management is great! Have learned so much with C.P. and the hardest for me is change with in the office.Most enjoyable is having a purpose and pleasing my customers are rewarding,
Pros
All occassions we have potlucks, staff appreciation days, coffee donuts ect.
Cons
long hours during Xmas rush, and after holidays long hrs as well, doing flyers
A busy enviroment with chances to advance. Not to mention great money to provide for yourself and your family.
Mail Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2017
I loved my job so much, I stayed 15 years. I made lots of lasting friendships with co-workers and supervisors.

My jobs over the years went from dealing with mail on it's way out of the building, to receiving them as soon as they arrive.
Pros
Long breaks and or lunches during special times during the years.
Cons
Can be stressful as a delay of the mail in any way, can result in an immediate suspension. Which I understand. Going on strike, which is something so employee wants to do for financial reasons.
Professional atmosphere with a light-hearted approach.
Mail and Parcel Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dingwall, NS25 October 2016
Although I haven't been with the company too long, I've come to enjoy working at Canada Post, and looking forward to completing tasks associated with the type of work I do.
A typical day at work for me begins at 9 A.M. at the local post office, where I unload mail and parcels from our head office for distribution to the customers in my area. After sorting mail for the most efficient sections of delivery, I load them into my vehicle for transport, where I make the necessary stops along my route. After I complete my deliveries, I head back to the office to complete an entry in my daily log, detailing the deliveries I've made, and what parcels I was able to deliver, as well as any that I had to return to my office with to be carded for pick-up by customers.
I've learned to be efficient with my deliveries as it saves time and fuel.
Management is very good to work for. She was quite patient with me when I first began this position. I believe her patience is what contributes to a pleasant place for my co-workers and myself to work in.
The unpredictability of the weather makes it the hardest part of the job, as at times, the weather can be harsh and tricky to drive in.
I think the most enjoyable part of working for Canada Post is the interaction with my co-workers and customers.
Pros
Friendly people, great pay
Cons
Driving in various conditions.

Want to know more about Canada Post?

Ask a question
Not friendly at all
RELIEF MAIL CARRIER (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 September 2016
This job was about as bad as it gets - most post offices are dusty and old with fiberglass hanging out of the walls. Management do not have answers to a lot of issues that arise during the day and are bogged down with bureaucratic paperwork to even care about postal employees.
Pros
Job is mindless and easy and you're usually done by 2:00pm
Cons
Everything else
Challenging work
Delivery Planning Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 November 2016
Enjoyed the work and the site work in various provinces.
Management needs to understand to complexity of the work and give deadlines in advance for better project management
Pros
co-workers
Cons
project management lacking
Good environment
Factrice (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 December 2016
You need to love working outdoors and you need to be in a very good shape because there is a lot of walking and climbing stairs to make the deliveries.
Pros
Great benefits and salary
Cons
The routes are too long
Its hard to get in
5 Ton Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Good company, good benefits, great pension plan, but the hiring process is weird. Takes a long time to get full time status. High turn over rate.
Pros
great pension
Cons
hard to get in
Good pay
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
Job Security and good pay all around if you want to be comfortable this job is great. If you are looking for more opportunities you should look somewhere else.
good work uncertain future
Ontario-Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 September 2016
great place to work but an uncertain future makes it tough to consider this as a career for current and future generations. wonderful to work outside and deal with the public.
Pros
monday-friday
Cons
uncertain future
Temporary Letter Carrier
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 August 2016
I would not recommend working as a temporary letter carrier. Your on call with no guarantee of work. You can go foe 1 month with no calls.

Avoid this place it is a very toxic work environment. Management lies and will do whatever they can to get away with things.

They are not to be trust many people get harrassed for silly things.
Pros
Pay 19.56 to start not worth it
Cons
Manager who will lie, imposssible to finish on time and get yelled at for bringing back mail and over time.
Worked inside and out
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 September 2016
Was a great company to work for. Dealing with the public was the most fun. Worked in London, Toronto, Oshawa, and Mississauga Ontario. Drove Canada post vehicles. Loaded and unloaded trucks. Learn to work with all kinds of people and different management styles.
Friendly enivronment
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 February 2016
Working at Canada post teaches you to learn new thing everyday. I believe life is learning process and everyday you learn something new. The typical day at work usually include handling postage to customers, up selling the coins and others promotional offers to customers. Assisting customer through customs, Delivering customers their parcels, Creating final notice reports for parcels and returns.Daily paper work and administrative work.The management team is very friendly and helpful to each other during the mail pick up time, it is usually business everyone cooperates with each other and work in fast pace, making customers happy.
Good job , enjoyable at times
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC10 February 2016
Your day would start be sorting your mail and parcels to be delivered ,you would put the mail in order of travel to be delivered .
Management is not very good , very bullying and controlling . People who couldn't make it as lettercarriers have been made managers .
My co workers were great they totally made the job fun and enjoyable I made a lot of good friends at work .
Winter conditions made the job harder , slip trips and falls are common . If you did hurt yourself at work you would often have to make up a story of how you went over on your ankle for instance because it just doesn't happen you must have done something to come to that injury . Who hasn't just went over on an ankle at one time or another and when you walk 9 miles a day it happens .
Very good benefits and holidays , the best part of the job was all the people I delivered to .
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Bad management, forced over time .