Canada Post Employee Reviews

Environnement de travail agreable
Analyste (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC1 April 2017
J'ai adorée travailler à cet endroit, salaire et avantages très bons.
Les collègues étaient parfait et j'ai appris beaucoup, que ce soit au niveau de la livraison et des analyses
Great for a bit of extra cash around the holidays
Temporary, On-Call Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 March 2017
As an on call postal clerk you will get called occasionally throughout the year, but most often around November/December/January.

You will sort incoming packages into various shelves/bins, based on postal code.

The pay is great, and the hours are typically night shift.

The system that calls you for shifts is terrible and you will find out that Canada Post has very little ability in organization. Also, corporate hates the union, the union hates corporate, and sometimes it feels like the workers hate everyone. Very negative work environment.

Estimated 10+ years before an on call postal clerk will get part-time or full-time permanent..
Pros
Wage
Cons
Eclipse Call System, negative work culture
Good worker
Mailman (Current Employee) –  Montreal31 March 2017
i'm willing to learn and work hard at new position eagerly motivated self-sufficient and likes to work with people.and like to be respected for what I do at work and as a person also specially
Pros
Work hard
Cons
Like to be respected
Part time TEMP
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2017
Nice job but have to be well fit to do letter carrier position. Be prepared for strains and injury. Nice working outdoors. You have to work in all weather conditions.
Cons
weather
There to long
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON30 March 2017
I dislike every thing about Canada Post from hours of work no pay from being just a number
never appreciated ever for good work done
no bonus ever
treated like a slave
Too hard to get full time work.
Factrice (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, QC30 March 2017
Pay is great IF you can get a fulltime job. Been trying for 5 years now. I have been working on call for 5 years, and haven't been able to secure a fulltime job because my car is "technically" not big enough, but "literally" I can do the job with the smaller car. frustrating.
Productive, positive work environment
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2017
Canada Post provided me job security, benefits and a good salary to support my growing family. It made me a driven and hard working team player, with extensive experience in public relations and customer service. Created opportunities for me to interact with the public, meet new people and new friends.
Pros
Build long-lasting friendships, job security, benefits and good salary.
Cons
At times could be a lot of heavy lifting
Very fast paced and often not enough hours to accomplish all duties that are required.
Depot Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 March 2017
Canada Post offers a great benefits and pension package. Salaries at Canada Post are also very competitive. The job as a depot Supervisor is one of the busiest and most stressful jobs within the corporation as they are sandwiched between a unionized force and upper management--each seemingly with their own agenda at times.

However, in saying all of that, if you are able to find that happy medium, this job can actually be very fulfilling and obviously provides very comfortably financially.
Pros
Pay, benefits, pension
Cons
stressful, over worked
Productive workplace with amazing coworkers.
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 March 2017
Great people and atmosphere. Everyone there was helpful and willing to help you grow and learn as fast as possible. The management team demonstrates what teamwork means.
Environnement de travail très agréable
Facteur (Former Employee) –  Dorion, QC20 March 2017
C'est un travail que j'ai vraiment apprécier,marcher dans les cartier, profiter du bonne air et voir le sourire dans le visage des gens, me fais très plaisir.
Pros
Faire de l'exercice à tout les jours. (Grande marche)
Acidic work environment
postal clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 March 2017
I worked for Canada Post for over 28 years. The whole time I was employed there, there a very divisive work environment. Most managers hired had no management experience no postal experience. I left Canada Post before the age of retirement because my wife and I had finished paying for our house, so I am now living on a penalized reduced pension. Its not a work environment that even a casual employee enjoys.
Pros
Medical, Dental, Pension
Cons
Poor working relationship
environnement de travail
Agent à la clientèle commerciale (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 March 2017
Il s’agit d’une expérience enrichissante dans le domaine du service a la clientèle. Cela dit, vu ma formation et mon degrés d’implication je ne pourrais pas évoluer d’avantage au sein de cette compagnie. Je suis apprécié par la qualité de travail que je fourni. Mais l’opportunité d’évoluer est restreinte pour ce poste.
Pros
Bonne entente avec mes collègues
Cons
pas d'evolution
worked christmas help
Organic Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 March 2017
great place to work I worked here for Christmas help during the holiday season was very busy . I would recommend for anyone to go work for Canada post great staff .
Fast Paced Work Environment
Mail Delivery Agent (Casual Employee) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 March 2017
Physically demanding work environment. Most of the time you will be working outdoors interacting with customers while delivering their mail or parcels. If you enjoy walking and being outdoors in any weather condition then this is really an excellent place to work.
Pros
Fast Paced, Time management
Cons
Long Hours, outdoors in any type of weather condition
Stressful environment
postal worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 March 2017
Very little supervision. Extremely hard place to advance in the field. No benefits or set work schedule for part time employees. Very political place to work, making it somewhat unejoyable
Bien mais pourrait etre beaucoup mieux
Montréal, QC (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 March 2017
Poste canada est une très grosse entreprise, trop grosse je dirai. Nous somme traité comme des numéros peux importe ton ancienneté.
Pros
Consolide bien travail/famille
Cons
Management laisse a désiré
Technical Service
Electronics Specialist - Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 March 2017
Work load or work order could be light or could be heavy depending what broke down or if parts are available.
Preventive and corrective maintenance task are scheduled sometimes with more than enough personnel or not enough work order.

Management is well rather slow to change or hampered by communication from head office to individual processing plant. Local technical service manager seems to luck people oriented rapport or team building enthusiasm and appears not to have a feel for the job.
Workplace could be fun but lack a driven attitude. The manager projects a non-driven attitude. It is possible the manager is rather slow to adapt to the new environment or overwhelmed with the work.
Advancement of technician is based on seniority, passing a written exam and passing an interview on most cases. The odd time an oral exam could be done by the manager.

CEO and Union not on the same page.
To add a revenue stream by offering a banking service, CEO does not approve of it despite the examples of other countries making it a successful form of customer service and a new source of revenue.
CEO too adversarial and would rather reduced employees benefits and needs and advancement to collect his ample bonuses.
The current government of Canada would be glad to terminate this CEO once his contract expired or bought out. CEO more inclined to privatized CPC and sold it for example to Pit Bows, Fedex or UPS or DHL etc.

CPC is a public service and should remain under Canadian government. Future privatisation schemes are in the works behind the scene to reduce employees and break
  more... the union.  less
Pros
New plant, good vacation
Cons
Poor management enthusiasm of technician
Fast paced work environment
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 March 2017
Very face paced work environtment. everyone works in their own corner. Early mornings from 3 am to later. Finish work depending on how fast you work. Great place if you want you still salary.
Pros
working on your own
Cons
Fast paced, noisy
Crown Corp survives to fight another day
Manager, International Business Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
During my time there, CPC was going through a period of transition while the mail business was in decline.

They attempted some innovative programs (my involvement while there) however couldn't fully commit and allow the innovators to thrive in bureaucratically laden environment.

Things are better there now, parcel volume is up, leaner management and some progressive programs look to be working.
Pros
Good Sales people
Cons
Sales Managers, not sales leaders
Small Town Post Office
Post Master (Former Employee) –  Delia, AB1 March 2017
I really enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with at Canada Post. The equipment is nor very current however and I do find some of the policies strange.
I found the training course very extensive and worthwhile however the way it is presented and the time you have to complete the training was abit difficult to retain and reproduce on short notice.( Maybe allowing some roll playing with the environment and computer system would be help full.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Old Equipment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Post. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval