Canada Post Employee Reviews

This is a great company to work for!!
Transportation driver, Registration clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2016
Opportunities at Canada Post are unlimited, if your willing to work and learn. Advancement possibilities are endless. Hard work is recognized and acknowledged.
Pros
Great pay and benifets
Cons
Winter weather
this summary is mostly in reference to dollarama and clothing closet....rewarding and productive
Ergo helper to deliver mail (Current Employee) –  staples and woodslee27 March 2016
challenging between setting up appointments for clients and having to maintain shelves n store and deal with customers. responsibility at a high level when it came to opening and closing store and making sure money and employees are safe. management is there to help with all concerns related to customers and employees. hardest part of these jobs was to take a disorganized state n make it organized so that every day was made a little easier but that is also the reward. rewards come in a form of accomplishment when faced with a challenging task along with the fact that I could help others in the meantime.
Pros
meeting new people every day
Cons
occasional long hours
negative atmosphere.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2016
- negative environment with little to no room for advancement
- corporate culture has no employee engagement
- job itself is great with opportunities to help unroll critical corporate projects to customers with a face to face presence
the union is amazing but management is not
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON6 December 2016
a typical wrk day is good depending on if management is in a bad mood or decides to pick on you or not, always go into a meeting with a union rep present, never alone they will pick on you 10x more.
Pros
good pay, great hours, being outside
Cons
never trust management they will throw you under the bus
a mix of Improvement Potential but not without a sense of Jeopardy
Middle Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 July 2016
Best paid indoor jobs within humane and high tech facilities.
Lots of management tools available but could use some on hands on training to benefit effectively. Now beginning to grow increasingly in paper pushing management staff instead of talented, front line, hands on teamleaders. Union has grown to be the major stumbling block for competitiveness of the organization in the global market.
Temporary Letter Carrier
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 August 2016
I would not recommend working as a temporary letter carrier. Your on call with no guarantee of work. You can go foe 1 month with no calls.

Avoid this place it is a very toxic work environment. Management lies and will do whatever they can to get away with things.

They are not to be trust many people get harrassed for silly things.
Pros
Pay 19.56 to start not worth it
Cons
Manager who will lie, imposssible to finish on time and get yelled at for bringing back mail and over time.
Not friendly at all
RELIEF MAIL CARRIER (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 September 2016
This job was about as bad as it gets - most post offices are dusty and old with fiberglass hanging out of the walls. Management do not have answers to a lot of issues that arise during the day and are bogged down with bureaucratic paperwork to even care about postal employees.
Pros
Job is mindless and easy and you're usually done by 2:00pm
Cons
Everything else
Excellent company to work for.
RSMC (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB17 May 2016
Lots of laughs and giggles with co-workers and management is great! Have learned so much with C.P. and the hardest for me is change with in the office.Most enjoyable is having a purpose and pleasing my customers are rewarding,
Pros
All occassions we have potlucks, staff appreciation days, coffee donuts ect.
Cons
long hours during Xmas rush, and after holidays long hrs as well, doing flyers
good work uncertain future
Ontario-Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 September 2016
great place to work but an uncertain future makes it tough to consider this as a career for current and future generations. wonderful to work outside and deal with the public.
Pros
monday-friday
Cons
uncertain future
Professional atmosphere with a light-hearted approach.
Mail and Parcel Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dingwall, NS25 October 2016
Although I haven't been with the company too long, I've come to enjoy working at Canada Post, and looking forward to completing tasks associated with the type of work I do.
A typical day at work for me begins at 9 A.M. at the local post office, where I unload mail and parcels from our head office for distribution to the customers in my area. After sorting mail for the most efficient sections of delivery, I load them into my vehicle for transport, where I make the necessary stops along my route. After I complete my deliveries, I head back to the office to complete an entry in my daily log, detailing the deliveries I've made, and what parcels I was able to deliver, as well as any that I had to return to my office with to be carded for pick-up by customers.
I've learned to be efficient with my deliveries as it saves time and fuel.
Management is very good to work for. She was quite patient with me when I first began this position. I believe her patience is what contributes to a pleasant place for my co-workers and myself to work in.
The unpredictability of the weather makes it the hardest part of the job, as at times, the weather can be harsh and tricky to drive in.
I think the most enjoyable part of working for Canada Post is the interaction with my co-workers and customers.
Pros
Friendly people, great pay
Cons
Driving in various conditions.
great co workers
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  torontio5 January 2017
sorting of mail, i learned how to work on all types of machines. Management was fair, co workers ware great. The hardest part of the job was clocking in and out of areas. The most enjoyable part was the pay
Pros
close to home
Cons
swift work
Productive and stimulating workplace
sub contractor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, Ontario13 August 2015
I worked for Canada Post as a sub contractor for fourteen years. There are several different levels of time sensitive products which have to be dealt with on a daily basis. Customer service is paramount and you quickly realize that it takes a lot of people all working from the same playbook to successfully deliver the highest standard of service in a very competitive market.
There was always a great sense of community within and between the employees. Together we formed groups to fundraiser for disadvantaged children and former employees who had fallen on hard times.
I really enjoyed my time at Canada Post and when my contract was up in 2014 I moved back to Ireland.
Pros
Very stimulating, educational work envoiroment
Cons
Being outside on foot or driving in the Canadian winter can be stressfull
Enjoyable and Healthy Work Environment
Mail Plant Labourer (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2016
The work itself and co-workers are great. Best job i've had yet. The only downsides are that my position is on-call and I don't receive nearly as many hours as I would like to. Would definitely work here full-time and year-round if only I could.
Pros
The Work itself.
Cons
Very few actual hours.
constant change to meet customer needs
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON5 October 2016
Canada Post prime focus is the parcel industry...letter mail volumes have decreased and NM has increased
Responsible for daily staffing, payroll
Provide support and knowledge in the delivery of products.
Address customer needs
Insure products meet the appropriate time frame
Firm believer of being a team player
Complete tasks within required time frame
Pros
Excellent support from do-workers
Cons
by choice work extra hours to complete tasks
Good pay
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2016
Job Security and good pay all around if you want to be comfortable this job is great. If you are looking for more opportunities you should look somewhere else.
Challenging work
Delivery Planning Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 November 2016
Enjoyed the work and the site work in various provinces.
Management needs to understand to complexity of the work and give deadlines in advance for better project management
Pros
co-workers
Cons
project management lacking
Worked inside and out
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 September 2016
Was a great company to work for. Dealing with the public was the most fun. Worked in London, Toronto, Oshawa, and Mississauga Ontario. Drove Canada post vehicles. Loaded and unloaded trucks. Learn to work with all kinds of people and different management styles.
the walks were not organized large packages falling out on the ground
volume count (Former Employee) –  various stations16 December 2016
Most of the mail men were rude have no patience they were rushing you . You want to be accurate counting the mail these guys were not nice. Overall the job is good the money could be better especially when you have to be there so early in the morning.
Pros
You can do another job when you finish working
Cons
short shifts
Very little work offered, great if you live with parents
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 July 2016
So many people quit, the turnover is huge
They called me once a week, every time a different route,I ended up going back to my country I was an Engineer.
Canada Post is a horrible employer, the managers are not welcoming and tired of all the new trainees
Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, long walks, weather conditions, dogs
A job/career that has kept me in fit shape both physically and mentally .
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 October 2016
I truly enjoyed almost every single day that I spent at the post office. My best memories were the many years that I was a letter carrier. Winter , spring , summer , and fall.
Pros
working outdoors and delivery mail and parcels.
Cons
Some very long and challenging days in deep snow and hard rain days.