Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

work place
Mail sorter, L7 and L9 fork life driver (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCNovember 14, 2015
We sort mail, specifically parcels. Management is respectful of workers. My co-workers are respectful. Hardest part of job is not knowing how many I'll work during the week since I'm on call. I remained on call because I can't work graveyard shifts.
Pros
good pay
Cons
uncertainty as concerns how many hours I'll work
Postal Clerk (P/T) (Current Employee) –  969 Eastern Ave. Toronto, OntarioOctober 13, 2015
Great place to work. Good people to work with. It takes a while to acquire permanent employment status, but is a company that offers good benefits and good opportunities to grow.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Long wait to acquire full-time permanent status
Excellent company to work for.
RSMC (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABMay 17, 2016
Lots of laughs and giggles with co-workers and management is great! Have learned so much with C.P. and the hardest for me is change with in the office.Most enjoyable is having a purpose and pleasing my customers are rewarding,
Pros
All occassions we have potlucks, staff appreciation days, coffee donuts ect.
Cons
long hours during Xmas rush, and after holidays long hrs as well, doing flyers
Like working here
Mail Carrier/Mail Sorter – Casual Part Time (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NSMay 24, 2016
Hard to get hours as casual. The people are friendly and helpful. Management was great to work along with.

It was great to be in the outdoors in all types of weather.

The early morning meant you had the day to yourself depending on hours you worked.

hard to get an idea of a steady schedule. People moved in from the city and bumped you down and out.
good money if you are prepared to do the work
letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2016
Not an easy job, alot harder than it looks. Alot to remember and on your feet standing/walking for approx 7 hours a day. Seniority decides who gets what position. Alot of variety within the company and you can transfer to anywhere in Canada if there is an opening.
Pros
job does not come home with you
Cons
poor environment, alot of unhappy people
I had fun working at Canada Post having Gym in the workplace.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 8, 2016
I liked most things about my workplace. Friendly and having team work among my co workers.
I am a team player and I can easily get along well with my co workers.
The hardest part of the job if someone among your co worker is not a team player.
I measure enjoyment and success in terms of satisfaction and happiness. If everyone is co operatiive, you feel happy and able work effeciently.
13 years as a operational supervisor and declared surplus
Operational Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJanuary 12, 2016
Not much to say. Worked hard, lots of shifts, A daily commute from Surrey to Vancouver for many years and transferred to Langley to be closer to home. Had to start holiday seniority all over but I didn't have to commute as far. I ran afternoon shift operations for six years and then declared surplus when I was promised that would never happen. It did. We had to sell the house we built and move.
Pros
Leadership experience
Cons
Out of a job, declared surplus
Challenge & Teaming are great things about Canada Post
Postal worker or Management (Former Employee) –  Burlington, Oakville, MississaugaOctober 31, 2015
Work is your home for many hours so have a positive outlook, laughs, motivate people by your words and actions. Teaming is so important to the dynamics of a work environment. Show respect, kindness and support and you will receive this back from your Team.

Challenge yourself and your fellow workers to be more productive, what a great feeling when you have accomplished something. Special meaning to "Love my Job". I always have been challenged and empowered myself to be a top performer along with my Team.

Teaming exercising, plan a day to meet their families, makes a huge difference. Have Bar-B-Q days or bowling in the Winter months, even curling for the first time.

You can plan on longer work days if you socialize with your Team, and say after "what a great Team I have !
Pros
Great exercise, dealing with challenge
Cons
Big corporation sometimes downsize or restructure
Great job. No hours. Bad management
Facteur (Former Employee) –  Montreal, LavalOctober 24, 2015
I loved my job at the post office. Too bad I applied when all the routes where changing and the "Modern Post" appeared. Worked 5 months in 2 years and couldn't stay any longer needing more money to live. Had to quit after 2 years.
Pros
Salary. Working outside.
Cons
Hours.
Horrible work environment
Temporary Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONAugust 4, 2015
I was casual for 4 years, only to be told, I was going to be laid off. supervisor's were horrible, as far as management goes.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Hard work, long hours, need to be healthy to do this job.
Abusive
On Call letter carrier (Former Employee) –  OttawaMarch 25, 2015
Worked as a on Call letter Carrier. Salary is reasonable but the job is extremely demanding mostly physically , Expect to be Deprived from benefits for more than 2 years . The corporation is badly divided into labour and management, and both have separate and totally different rights and benefits, the result is a very wild and cruel senior management. Mostly you'll be used during the harsh winter days to work and unintentionally be used to threaten old employees (those who have high benefits and the corporation want to replace them with cheap employment with no benefits like us. but the good things is that you'll have very nice and easy going colleagues, and you'll be on shape but expect back and knee problems after you just finish the long probation period
Enjoyed the work until changes
Lettercarrier Casual (Former Employee) –  70 Trillium Drive, KitchenerNovember 6, 2015
The work was physical and very hard at times, but I did enjoy my time there.
The changes made the job impossible to do, and since I needed to finish my education in bookkeeping I had to take time off as a Casual Letter carrier and focus on my schooling. In the end I had to leave the job since my availability was focused on school.

The work was very patchy in hours. some months I would have lots of work, and suddenly none.

I learned to be quick and walk/run far. total of 30 kilometers some days. organisation was a must.
You would only want to stay here for the benefits and the pension.
Mail Service Courier, Mail Dispatcher, Clerk. (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 9, 2016
Many senior managers treated employees with very little respect. This is an employer actively and constantly eliminating the reasons why they would want to make this place their career.
Pros
Wages benefits
Cons
Ideal work place for advancement, good atmosphere and enjoyable
Delivery Planning Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 5, 2016
A great place to work, with regular hours and optimal pay. Everyday you would learn new things, and have challenges to complete. Co-workers were great, and the experience I gained is invaluable. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was not repetitive, everyday brought a new challenge.
Glendon Hotel/Motel
Temporary RSMC (Current Employee) –  St. Lina, ABFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day would include serving customers, stocking the cooler, and balancing the tills.
I had awesome co-workers, who were easy and fun to work with. The manager was great to work for, and was very approachable. I enjoyed the interaction with my co-workers and customers.
Great place once you start getting shifts
On call Temporary Postal worker (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 30, 2016
Takes a long time to get to the top. 10 + years to move from temporary on call to full time. Working there for 3 months so far only 1 shift. Cannot support a family starting at the bottom.
Pros
great job with good benifits
Cons
no hours at the beginning.
I have been able to go through all changes within the Corporation and it has given me a good life and made wonderful friendships over the years.
colour code case plans for Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  955/951 Highbury Avenue London ONApril 8, 2015
I have had many opportunities to learn different area of the company and have worked with many challenging personalities. My co-workers were great, friendly helpful people. Management at times can be hard to see the workers point of views. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the start to finish in the work process.
Pros
Great people, good benefits and pay
Cons
Ongoing union challenges
Fun and fast paced
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCFebruary 24, 2016
I got to spend my mornings working with people and the rest of the day on my own. The harder and faster I worked, the sooner I got home.
Pros
work independentley
Cons
christmas rush. road conditions
OVERWHELMING
Assisting customers (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2015
The management could use some new faces. There really two faced people. The employees are great to work with. 10 hour days scheduling is unfair. I would rather work at a Post Office location instead of the Call centre.
A nice place to work
Commis de postes categorie PO4 (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 25, 2016
Competitive salary,opportunities on carer advancement.
Co-workers are friendly.
Formation is given for any position that needs to be fulfilled.
One of the best places to work in canada.
I learned a lot about customer service.