Canada Post Employee Reviews

Busy fast paced.
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  BC3 January 2017
Every day is different. Every route is different. Letter mail and bulk are sorted into a case. Once completed then the sequenced mail is bundled together with the corresponding letter mail, into the appropriate stops. Parcels are pdt scanned and numbered according to stops distinguishing which items are for signature, safe drop, collect, leave at the door or parcel box. All mail, packets, parcels and flyers are loaded into your vehicle and transported to appropriate sites. Most co-workers are great. Some however feel the need to constantly powertrip and belittle others most days, with no consequences to their actions.
Pros
Working alone daily. Being outside. Working Mon-Fri.
Cons
Heavy lifting, oversized packages, weather, lots of flyers. Using your own vehicle.
good workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 February 2017
they have a respectful staff, everyone is respectful and helpful. The staff are always smiling and happy and also seem to be in a good mood. Overall satisfied with my experience
Pros
respectful
Cons
the union is amazing but management is not
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON6 December 2016
a typical wrk day is good depending on if management is in a bad mood or decides to pick on you or not, always go into a meeting with a union rep present, never alone they will pick on you 10x more.
Pros
good pay, great hours, being outside
Cons
never trust management they will throw you under the bus
corporate environment with a good future
MCSC 5-ton Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
I liked working here because of the security and the work environment. Management was good. my typical day consisted of driving from point A to B usually more then one stop
productive place
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  969 eastern ave., toronto16 March 2017
I started my day by gathering all the incoming mail together and start sorting the out by postal code to various cities across Canada.
I also sorted the mail from the different cities into their letter carrier deport by memorizing their walk (route) numbers, and bundle the mail for the letters to be delivered next day.
while sorting, I also verify the proper postage on each envelope, removing short paid mail to have them rated according to the weight and the destination where the mail is going.
I also help out in other area as instructed by my supervisor.
I really enjoyed working with people, and helped solving problems.
Good workplace NOT enough hours
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
It was hard laborious work, with little help in terms of guidance from management. Pay was decent but the hours were very tempermental.
This is a great company to work for!!
Transportation driver, Registration clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2016
Opportunities at Canada Post are unlimited, if your willing to work and learn. Advancement possibilities are endless. Hard work is recognized and acknowledged.
Pros
Great pay and benifets
Cons
Winter weather
A nice place to work
Commis de postes categorie PO4 (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 May 2016
Competitive salary,opportunities on carer advancement.
Co-workers are friendly.
Formation is given for any position that needs to be fulfilled.
One of the best places to work in canada.
I learned a lot about customer service.
Great Environment
Volume Counter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
I was only a temporary worker there (Volume Count) but the staff and management were all very accomodating and easy to get along with. Everything was organized and follwed a set plan. Very much enjoyed it there
Stressful environment
postal worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 March 2017
Very little supervision. Extremely hard place to advance in the field. No benefits or set work schedule for part time employees. Very political place to work, making it somewhat unejoyable
No future for new hires
Mail Service Courier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 December 2016
CPC could be a decent place to work but there is no future for drivers. They won't call you for weeks, then expect you to be available entire weeks getting only 4-5 hrs. in the heart of the day.
You have to work elsewhere to make money yet the hours at CPC don't work well for having a second job.
Older drivers never seem to quit and about half are only PT anyways. You would have to put up with a lot for many years just for PT.
I was hired a part of a class of 16. When I quit, that was it. All 16 were now gone.
They have to make this more attractive for casual employees to stay.
Pros
pay is decent and so are most coworkers
Cons
Bad data terminals which are overused for no good reason.
A busy enviroment with chances to advance. Not to mention great money to provide for yourself and your family.
Mail Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2017
I loved my job so much, I stayed 15 years. I made lots of lasting friendships with co-workers and supervisors.

My jobs over the years went from dealing with mail on it's way out of the building, to receiving them as soon as they arrive.
Pros
Long breaks and or lunches during special times during the years.
Cons
Can be stressful as a delay of the mail in any way, can result in an immediate suspension. Which I understand. Going on strike, which is something so employee wants to do for financial reasons.
You would only want to stay here for the benefits and the pension.
Mail Service Courier, Mail Dispatcher, Clerk. (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 May 2016
Many senior managers treated employees with very little respect. This is an employer actively and constantly eliminating the reasons why they would want to make this place their career.
Pros
Wages benefits
letter carrier
releif letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
if you love being outside independent this is job for you. great benefits , being outside all day makes for a great work enviroment
Hard work,but rewarding
Mail Clerk, Mail Dispatcher, and Letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2016
I loved working at Canada Post! Everyday was new and exciting. In the span of a 37 year career, I was involved in every aspect of mail processing, the most challenging being a lettercarrier. It was an amazing and rewarding position, and I was constantly being approached on the street by people asking questions about my job. My coworkers were always very helpful, and I made many wonderful friend there.
Pros
Extremely rewarding at the end of the day-huge job satisfaction!
Cons
Very long hours sometimes, often in the most variable and extreme weather conditions.
Its hard to get in
5 Ton Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Good company, good benefits, great pension plan, but the hiring process is weird. Takes a long time to get full time status. High turn over rate.
Pros
great pension
Cons
hard to get in
this summary is mostly in reference to dollarama and clothing closet....rewarding and productive
Ergo helper to deliver mail (Current Employee) –  staples and woodslee27 March 2016
challenging between setting up appointments for clients and having to maintain shelves n store and deal with customers. responsibility at a high level when it came to opening and closing store and making sure money and employees are safe. management is there to help with all concerns related to customers and employees. hardest part of these jobs was to take a disorganized state n make it organized so that every day was made a little easier but that is also the reward. rewards come in a form of accomplishment when faced with a challenging task along with the fact that I could help others in the meantime.
Pros
meeting new people every day
Cons
occasional long hours
good group of people I worked with
ocr-on call relief (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 October 2016
good job but can be long hours summers are shorter days but in the winter with daylight hours can be a problem some times we use our own vehicles and we have to take care of the maintenance on them
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
long hours at christmas
Small Town Post Office
Post Master (Former Employee) –  Delia, AB1 March 2017
I really enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with at Canada Post. The equipment is nor very current however and I do find some of the policies strange.
I found the training course very extensive and worthwhile however the way it is presented and the time you have to complete the training was abit difficult to retain and reproduce on short notice.( Maybe allowing some roll playing with the environment and computer system would be help full.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Old Equipment
Good environment
Factrice (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 December 2016
You need to love working outdoors and you need to be in a very good shape because there is a lot of walking and climbing stairs to make the deliveries.
Pros
Great benefits and salary
Cons
The routes are too long