Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

good money if you are prepared to do the work
letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2016
Not an easy job, alot harder than it looks. Alot to remember and on your feet standing/walking for approx 7 hours a day. Seniority decides who gets what position. Alot of variety within the company and you can transfer to anywhere in Canada if there is an opening.
Pros
job does not come home with you
Cons
poor environment, alot of unhappy people
Sorting Mail
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
Currently sorting mail parcels and packets. Very good work ethic and team work.

Most enjoyable part of job is definitely customer service, along with communications/interactions.

Enjoy going that extra mile to make a difference to customers.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, People
Cons
High Injury
Fast pace atmosphear / with co operation
OCRE (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 6, 2015
Mail collection and separate
Fast pace
Very co operative Management
Co workers are amazing
Must Deliver, no matter what weather conditions
Free atmosphere / You can plan your day as you wish
Pros
Time flexible
Cons
Un predictable Mail and parcel quantity
great workplace
qa analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 7, 2015
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job

Nice work environment and would recommend it as a very employee oriented corporation.
productive work place
Full time MSC-Pickup (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2015
Great place to work with great benefits
It was great start for me in the work force
I learned how to work in a unionized work force
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
union / management some time not on the same page
work place
Mail sorter, L7 and L9 fork life driver (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCNovember 14, 2015
We sort mail, specifically parcels. Management is respectful of workers. My co-workers are respectful. Hardest part of job is not knowing how many I'll work during the week since I'm on call. I remained on call because I can't work graveyard shifts.
Pros
good pay
Cons
uncertainty as concerns how many hours I'll work
I had fun working at Canada Post having Gym in the workplace.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 8, 2016
I liked most things about my workplace. Friendly and having team work among my co workers.
I am a team player and I can easily get along well with my co workers.
The hardest part of the job if someone among your co worker is not a team player.
I measure enjoyment and success in terms of satisfaction and happiness. If everyone is co operatiive, you feel happy and able work effeciently.
13 years as a operational supervisor and declared surplus
Operational Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJanuary 12, 2016
Not much to say. Worked hard, lots of shifts, A daily commute from Surrey to Vancouver for many years and transferred to Langley to be closer to home. Had to start holiday seniority all over but I didn't have to commute as far. I ran afternoon shift operations for six years and then declared surplus when I was promised that would never happen. It did. We had to sell the house we built and move.
Pros
Leadership experience
Cons
Out of a job, declared surplus
Postal Clerk (P/T) (Current Employee) –  969 Eastern Ave. Toronto, OntarioOctober 13, 2015
Great place to work. Good people to work with. It takes a while to acquire permanent employment status, but is a company that offers good benefits and good opportunities to grow.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Long wait to acquire full-time permanent status
You would only want to stay here for the benefits and the pension.
Mail Service Courier, Mail Dispatcher, Clerk. (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 9, 2016
Many senior managers treated employees with very little respect. This is an employer actively and constantly eliminating the reasons why they would want to make this place their career.
Pros
Wages benefits
Cons
Great place once you start getting shifts
On call Temporary Postal worker (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 30, 2016
Takes a long time to get to the top. 10 + years to move from temporary on call to full time. Working there for 3 months so far only 1 shift. Cannot support a family starting at the bottom.
Pros
great job with good benifits
Cons
no hours at the beginning.
Active, Fun, but frustrating place to work
Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ONJune 6, 2016
Working for Canada post has its advantages and disadvantages. The entry level on-call positions are difficult to accumulate sustainable hours, but the work itself is enjoyable. It is easy work and it allows an excellent work/personal life balance.
Challenge & Teaming are great things about Canada Post
Postal worker or Management (Former Employee) –  Burlington, Oakville, MississaugaOctober 31, 2015
Work is your home for many hours so have a positive outlook, laughs, motivate people by your words and actions. Teaming is so important to the dynamics of a work environment. Show respect, kindness and support and you will receive this back from your Team.

Challenge yourself and your fellow workers to be more productive, what a great feeling when you have accomplished something. Special meaning to "Love my Job". I always have been challenged and empowered myself to be a top performer along with my Team.

Teaming exercising, plan a day to meet their families, makes a huge difference. Have Bar-B-Q days or bowling in the Winter months, even curling for the first time.

You can plan on longer work days if you socialize with your Team, and say after "what a great Team I have !
Pros
Great exercise, dealing with challenge
Cons
Big corporation sometimes downsize or restructure
Great job. No hours. Bad management
Facteur (Former Employee) –  Montreal, LavalOctober 24, 2015
I loved my job at the post office. Too bad I applied when all the routes where changing and the "Modern Post" appeared. Worked 5 months in 2 years and couldn't stay any longer needing more money to live. Had to quit after 2 years.
Pros
Salary. Working outside.
Cons
Hours.
A nice place to work
Commis de postes categorie PO4 (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 25, 2016
Competitive salary,opportunities on carer advancement.
Co-workers are friendly.
Formation is given for any position that needs to be fulfilled.
One of the best places to work in canada.
I learned a lot about customer service.
Canada Post
Development Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 20, 2016
Consulting engagements in a diversified portfolio of industries. including Project Management, Business Analyst, ERP architecture, pre-sales and sales engineering opportunities. Great people and a great place to work.
Abusive
On Call letter carrier (Former Employee) –  OttawaMarch 25, 2015
Worked as a on Call letter Carrier. Salary is reasonable but the job is extremely demanding mostly physically , Expect to be Deprived from benefits for more than 2 years . The corporation is badly divided into labour and management, and both have separate and totally different rights and benefits, the result is a very wild and cruel senior management. Mostly you'll be used during the harsh winter days to work and unintentionally be used to threaten old employees (those who have high benefits and the corporation want to replace them with cheap employment with no benefits like us. but the good things is that you'll have very nice and easy going colleagues, and you'll be on shape but expect back and knee problems after you just finish the long probation period
Glendon Hotel/Motel
Temporary RSMC (Current Employee) –  St. Lina, ABFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day would include serving customers, stocking the cooler, and balancing the tills.
I had awesome co-workers, who were easy and fun to work with. The manager was great to work for, and was very approachable. I enjoyed the interaction with my co-workers and customers.
Ideal work place for advancement, good atmosphere and enjoyable
Delivery Planning Officer (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 5, 2016
A great place to work, with regular hours and optimal pay. Everyday you would learn new things, and have challenges to complete. Co-workers were great, and the experience I gained is invaluable. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was not repetitive, everyday brought a new challenge.
Horrible work environment
Temporary Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONAugust 4, 2015
I was casual for 4 years, only to be told, I was going to be laid off. supervisor's were horrible, as far as management goes.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Hard work, long hours, need to be healthy to do this job.