Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews

Political Nightmare - Terrible Management CEO, SVP, Directors, Mgrs
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Toronto-Vancouver-MontrealSeptember 24, 2015
If you can make it here you can make it anywhere, even in the lake of fire.

- ONLY HARD WORKERS ARE THE ENGINEERS. AMEN.
- Watch out for other DECEPTIVE ENGINEERS who work with the manager's $$$ and will throw you under the bus in a new york minute
- Project Directors/Directors create problems in any project and leech off the company funding while everyone involved in the projects keeps getting gets their cozy salary
- Directors have little to no knowledge of any of the work under them yet chase after the credit like dogs
- Department Management THRIVE OFF pointing fingers after issues arise instead of working together to resolve issues and move forward
- Engineers spend 90% of their time updating management and being administrative pets, such a shame and waste of creativity
- Mind numbing, moral depleting, soul sucking environment

CPC Projects:
1) Never completed
2) Directors create self inflected wounds and their middle manager puppets lick up the wounds...That is their Management scope
3) Always results in a big rotten mess with finger pointing

- Environment is rotten, eats away at your creativity and motivation
- Too many corporate fingers durrtying the pot in any project

CEO Deepak Chopra unsure if he has 22 or 25 VP's. He's the Stephen Harper of Canada Post. You can see where the company money gets distributed.
Pros
Little to none
Cons
Selling your soul
Temporary Volume Counter
Temporary Volume counter (Former Employee) –  Cornwall OntSeptember 24, 2015
Interesting job with great people. The job was to count mail that was to be delivered by mail carriers to determine route changes.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
was only temporary
Fun Atmosphere
Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  VancouverSeptember 22, 2015
Job is highly stressful but rewarding, this jobs requires long hours and new hires have no job security and may never. The fellow postal workers are very helpful.
Most toxic environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCSeptember 7, 2015
Worst company ever. Culture is stab everyone in the back. Management don't know what they are doing and treat people with disrespect and disdain. Don't believe the advertisement, they'll manage to pay you less and give you no benefits. They think they're doing you a favour. You can't trust anyone and they work you down to the bone. Worst experience of my life. Stay clear.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Workload; management; pay; toxic environment; culture; manipulation.
Good Summer Job
contract courier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 18, 2015
Canada Post was a good summer job opportunity for me because I was a full time student only able to work during summer. The pay was good and the hours were flexible. The best part of the job was being able to choose which days I wanted to work. The hardest part of the job was the early mornings. I really enjoyed my time with Canada Post
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
early mornings
Productive and stimulating workplace
sub contractor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, OntarioAugust 13, 2015
I worked for Canada Post as a sub contractor for fourteen years. There are several different levels of time sensitive products which have to be dealt with on a daily basis. Customer service is paramount and you quickly realize that it takes a lot of people all working from the same playbook to successfully deliver the highest standard of service in a very competitive market.
There was always a great sense of community within and between the employees. Together we formed groups to fundraiser for disadvantaged children and former employees who had fallen on hard times.
I really enjoyed my time at Canada Post and when my contract was up in 2014 I moved back to Ireland.
Pros
Very stimulating, educational work envoiroment
Cons
Being outside on foot or driving in the Canadian winter can be stressfull
Good workplace with opportunity to grow and develop
MAINTENANCE SUPERINTENDENT (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 9, 2015
There is a possibility to grow and develop. Management is co-operative and supportive. Recently, Canada Post is going through a lot of changes and accountability is all across the board.
Challenging work environment
Document procurement specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2015
A new gained respect for mail delivery agents - what they deal with in terms of quantities of mail, parcels, packets, and especially flyers is astounding given the fact they must work under the unscrupulous Canada Post Corporation regime.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Horrible work environment
Temporary Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONAugust 4, 2015
I was casual for 4 years, only to be told, I was going to be laid off. supervisor's were horrible, as far as management goes.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Hard work, long hours, need to be healthy to do this job.
Greatt
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 30, 2015
Very busy but good pay
Improved my french
great coworkers
hardest part about the job was that the post office I worked at was the busiest in the City. As a result, I dealt with a great number of cranky and impatient people
Pros
good pay
Cons
no perks

Want to know more about Canada Post?

Ask a question
Alot of communication problems
Role - Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurrayJuly 27, 2015
too many language barriers and poor attitudes most people had a attitude where they did not care. Management was scattered and issues trying to discuss anything.
fun place to work
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJuly 23, 2015
Meeting people was the best part and helping them with coulor choices for their painting projects.
Putting stock away was the hardest because of all the weight but it was good.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
working weekends
canada post
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  rural post officesJuly 22, 2015
it was an excellent experience and would have liked to stay if it was guaranteed hours and income however needed a more permanent job.
Only offer temporary work
Letter Carrier/ Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 20, 2015
Great place to work if you had a permanent job... the only way to acquire one is to move away to more remote areas. Simply not going to happen in metro vancouver
lots of pressure
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 22, 2015
started nicely but seniority kills. new employees get the job that is refused by all seniors. getting worse walk during winter made me never join canada post as letter carrier
Great job atmosphere with good training and always kept busy with work.
Temp, Volume Counter (Former Employee) –  Various locations, BCJune 9, 2015
This was a great job for me, they provided ample training in a day and the workload was good to alway keep busy. There were times for indepenedent work and time to work in a team, the staff and management were wonderful to work with. I gained a lot of experience and had good feedback, for me that is a winning position.
Pros
Cons
temp and seasonal work
repetitive
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QCJune 4, 2015
- a typical day at work is "do your job right and no one bothers you"

- the most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of the shift
Productive Day at Canadapost
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
Sort and Prep Mail. Scan advertisement's bar code for that day delivery, scan packages and parcels for delivery that. Load mail and packages into corporate vehicle. Do circle check of vehicle prior to departure. Delivery mail and packages when arrive at destination.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
weather is always a factor when working outside
Flexible temporary job
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 26, 2015
Although there are many procedures to memorize, once you have done so, everything becomes quite straightforward. There was a lot of time with no customers so a lot of time was spent cleaning and organizing.
Pros
Flexible hours
The company was not giving fixed time of work.
Parcel delivery driver (Former Employee) –  4567 Dixie road Mississauga.May 20, 2015
I like the job but because of some family problems I could not continue I am still interested to go with company.I missed the time and opportunity to be govt. employee.
Pros
government based job was good to do.
Cons
on call system was keeping me kind of jobless.