Canada Post Employee Reviews

Exciting place to work.
Technical Services Superintendent Shift #1 (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON.6 November 2017
Always exciting to come to work.

New challenges every day with all the innovations and changes within the Company in trying to cope with the ever-changing demand for specific services.

Vigorous workforce that keeps me on my toes in terms of employee engagement and interpretation and administration of the Collective Agreement.
Pros
Keeps me sharp in dealing with change.
Cons
Not enough communication and acceptance of change.
N/a
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 November 2017
It was great but the work wasn't consistent
overnight shifts wasn't suitable for my family situation
hardest part of the job is being a casual and last minute call
highly unionized envoronment
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 November 2017
lots of layoffs from permanent employees for casuals like me do not have any job security
Good pay and management appreciates you for doing your job
Different work schedule as a casual
Pros
good pay
Cons
no job stability
Sort and deliver mail items in a safe and secure manner
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Vimy, AB2 November 2017
In the 4 years that I've been a rural and suburban mail carrier, there has been no opportunities for growth. This company doesn't offer any employee incentives or bonuses, very little raises. My job duties have over doubled in that time with zero recognition from upper management. Working out of a small town post office, I am responsible to find a security cleared individual with access to a personal vehicle in order to cover my route on days that I am sick or want a vacation or personal day. I have never taken my fully entitled vacation time. The one bonus is that I don't have a specific start time and my particular route allows me to handle personal affairs around my work time.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor pay, no days off, no advancement, no recognition
Current casual
PRODUCTION DISTRIBUTION, (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 November 2017
First of all you start off making at least seven dollars less an hour and then a full-time/ part-time worker. It will take you seven years to make top rate after you get hired on which could also take several years.
Now that the bad stuff is said it is a good place work the schedule is flexible the other casuals are decent and friendly, however, full-time and part-time employees may not treat casuals as nicely as they would if you were hired on.
This is a great place to work towards a future job, not the best scenario for a current job as you'll have to balance two jobs to keep your head afloat
Pros
Flexible schedule, good coworkers, easy work
Cons
Two-tier wage system. Undetermined hours per week.
I though slavery was abolished.
Temp on call mail carrier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
Ok pay, but management does not know how to deal with employees. All about low end emplyees working most for less pay, so management can get higher bonuses. Felt like a slave at times, and treated like garbage. Politics involved. Management inflict fair on emplyees. Disorginized organization, with no direction. Where union is useless, who licks management's behind, where the $63,000,000 annual union fees goes?
No work and life balance, 8 to 10 hours on average day, with somedays with no brakes taken. Federal government should restructure this corrupted, slavery driven organization.
Co workers on the other hand were nice.
Pros
If you get to last there 40 years you be crippled but with good pension.
Cons
Hard work, slavery, politics, no work and life balance.
Not impressed
coop student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 October 2017
I was there for 3 months as a co-op student, therefore cannot provide valued feedback. Nevertheless, my work was slow paced and not stimulating. I have heard better assessment from others.
Cons
Welcome to the company you'll be with for the rest of your career
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2017
Close to home

Supportive environment

Lots of opportunities to advance

Zero tolerance of workplace violence or harassment

Canada wide opportunities
fast paced environment
Shop Steward (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 October 2017
Your memory will be stronger in this work, as well as an ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Right place to work if you want to be coordinated
Want to work for Life labs asap.
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 October 2017
Love driving and dealing with people all day. Think I can do this job picking up from Docters offices and getting it back to Life Labs safely and on time
Keeps you busy
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 October 2017
It is convenient and you can work at your own pace. Lots of outdoors and interaction with others. I choose when to work, and its an independent job...
Excellent place
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ON18 October 2017
I truly enjoyed working there. The 1 person staff was amazing to work with as well as my co-worker. Hours were great and perks were great. I would do it all over again.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Nice pay but too many uncertainties
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Castlegar, BC17 October 2017
Nice pay but too much politics. Management is clueless about the operation most of the time.Supervisors are so incompetent. Too much people on disability andtoi much moving around so you’ll never know when are you gonna have a position.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too much bumping
Good place to work.
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Sutton, ON17 October 2017
Pros:
Friendly staff
Safe driving routes
Get a premium pay
Great flexible hours
Friendly partners

Cons:

Driving in the rain and snow proved sometimes difficult
Inventory and sales
Post office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 October 2017
As a post office clerk you deal with day to day customers sending packages and letters locally or internationally and offer multiple services to meet their day to day needs. At many times i would be working alone and in charge of learning about new products and services, managing inventory and dealing with customers at the same time. It was a good job that helped me learn to multitask and manage my time efficiently.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low Pay
Productive and team player
Route Management Officer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON13 October 2017
Willing to always expand my knowledge and abilities. I will always put my best foot forward and will be a team player. I just need a company to believe in me and my abilities. We can grow together.
packages and parcels
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorhild, AB9 October 2017
I worked at the Thorhild County Post Office. I liked that job very much because something was always happening, I worked the front counter meaning dealing with the customers as well as working in the back loading and unloading letters and parcels overall it was a great job
Pros
free lunches
Cons
some times it was hard to juggle the customers and the packing organization
the most enjoyable part of the job...
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS8 October 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the co-workers in the morning, till I'm ready to hit out to deliver the mail....Then you mean nice customers on the routes that I cover saying have a good day....or your doing a good job.....
it was good
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Dugald, MB4 October 2017
a typical day at work was people waiting by their mail boxes waiting for you to get there even when they had no mail.
what I learned what Christmas time is hectic
Pros
Pros free coffee sometimes
Cons
Grumpy customers not getting cheques in the mail
Great
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Chalk River, ON3 October 2017
Great it is an amazing place to work great people and environment to be in. People are friendly and take time to help you out with thing when needed..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Post. Our community is ready to answer.