Canada Post Employee Reviews

Great place to work for
Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON20 September 2017
Open minded and welcoming employer.
If you are career oriented there are opportunities to progress your career further.
Shift work might be a challenge and it takes time to find balance between work and family life, however it is possible.
I enjoyed Canada Post
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2017
It was ok working for Canada Post. I liked driving and walking and delivering mail. I left and went home to Ontario for some family issues they were not hiring when I returned. but they seemed like nice people.
Fun
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 September 2017
Fun place to work and the people are nice. They actually care about what you have to say and will listen to your ideas if you have anything that can be used to improve the system.
Busy work enviorment
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2017
In frequent and erratic work hours for casual employees. No benefits offered and no security offered. Working along side of permanent unionized employees.
Pros
well organised facility's
Cons
Casual hours
My training debut
National Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 September 2017
This is the position where I became a sales trainer. They recognized my people skills talent and enrolled me on the best programs to help me become a certified trainer in the sales and leadership fields. I still maintain the certifications and skill to this date.

Enjoyed working with sales managers and sales reps across Canada.
Pros
Learning environment.
Cons
Deployment in strike duties
Challenging
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC10 September 2017
The job is full of tasks so it does require devotion but once the tasks are clear interacting with customers and helping out becomes more of a habit than a task.
Pros
Organized and fixed schedule
Very good place to work..
Courier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2017
If I was to tell someone about the Post Office I would tell them go for it for sure....My experience there was awesome if I was just starting out I would go there in a heart beat enjoyed every day..,,
Canada Post
Operations Superviosor (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 September 2017
Canada post is a great place to work. Lots of opportunities to advance and further your postion. Benefits, pay, pension and all the extras make it a wonderful placw to work.
Pros
Benifiets and Pay
Good Place to work
MANAGER – REVENUE REPORTING AND ANALYSIS (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 September 2017
it is a stable place to work with a lot of opportunities to learn and contribute.I would recommend Canada Post to anyone. I have become a senior manager based on all the experience by working in different functions and projects.
Would not recommend working here
Employee (Current Employee) –  Ontario6 September 2017
Canada Post is trying to restructure and needs to complete this to meet financial commitments. There is to much political interference to run like a proper business.
Pros
Pay is very good
Cons
no work life balance
Great Atmosphere
Letter Carrier (Delivery Agent) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 September 2017
People are very helpful and understanding. Have learnt a lot about different ways of work.
the toughest part is the weather condition but all the letter carriers overcome it.
Delivery (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON29 August 2017
Great people to work with and for. Must be organized and come in with a good attiude. Be customer focused, friendly and willing to learn. Be able lift and bend.
Canada post is a huge machine
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
Letter Carrier is the hardest job ive done for 19.81 per hour. You have to deliver 70 parcels 50 packets 4 sets of 500 flyers plus mail and signature items on a route you have never done before and be expeted to complete in 8hours. It will wear out your body and back. You have to be in tip top condition.
Pros
waiting to get full time in another department - paid holidays
Cons
being a temp
best move ever was quitting!
inside and outside (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL26 August 2017
i left with 12 years seniority and was told i was crazy. five years later...everyones telling me how smart i was to get out. terrible management, and just not a good place to work
good company
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 August 2017
great company , the pension is good , great people to work with , lots of training , very clean and nice plant, the salary was low, lots of automation ,
Old school work culture but good pay
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 August 2017
Canada Post has a very old school mindset and uses their pay as justification for employees to stay. The work culture is toxic and employees generally are unsatisfied.
Lots of Politics and people are not treated the same.
Operatioms Supeevospr (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON26 August 2017
I find that the Superintendents expectations are very different. Some Supervisors get away with mistakes that cost the company a lot of money and there is no accountability. Where other Supervisors are held accountable for the smallest things. If mgmt doesn't like you then your chance for advancement doesn't exist. A lot of favortism and still very male dominated on the mgmt side.
Pros
Pay is good. Benefits are okay
Cons
Working very hard with np appreciation while other supervisors do very little.
Excellent job atmosphere to work
Retail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 August 2017
I love working for Canada Post. We have a ethnic diversity. very team oriented, friendly, great supervisors and enjoy going to work.
There's room for advancement, the supervisor s encourage, motivates you all the time. No stress at all. safety is ver y carefully watched. Commute is not bad at 2am in the morning.... beat the tariff both ways. Nice company to work for. Loving it
Pros
NO stress
Cons
Steel toe boots
good training materials
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
Fun place to work , but it demands a lot of physical work, walking 15 kilometers a day in the rain, heat of the sun and snow and freezing weather, good training though.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative - Call Centre and clerical support -
Clerical support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 August 2017
Bilingual Customer Service Representative - Call Centre and clerical support -
Provide excellent customer service while responding to all customer requests with a focus on first call resolution.
Multitask and use available resources to build rapport and accurately address customer’s needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Canada Post. Our community is ready to answer.