Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and great work experience
Security Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Busy and challenging
Reviewing security clearances and assisting with other office tasks. Great team and relationship with co-workers and managers. Great work experience in a crown corporation, with flexible work environment.
The people make it a joy to come to work
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 26, 2016
Pros: Good wage and benefits
Cons: Little chance for advancement
Opportunity to work in a variety of job positions. A happy atmosphere - always music playing. A high intensity, fast paced environment but never a feeling of overbearing pressure.
Enjoyed the work until changes
Lettercarrier Casual (Former Employee), 70 Trillium Drive, KitchenerNovember 6, 2015
The work was physical and very hard at times, but I did enjoy my time there.
The changes made the job impossible to do, and since I needed to finish my education in bookkeeping I had to take time off as a Casual Letter carrier and focus on my schooling. In the end I had to leave the job since my availability was focused on school.

The work was very patchy in hours. some months I would have lots of work, and suddenly none.

I learned to be quick and walk/run far. total of 30 kilometers some days. organisation was a must.
Productive and fun place to work
Letter Carrier (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMarch 1, 2016
Pros: working outside and meeting new people
Cons: too many rumours in workplace
Delivered mail door-door, loved meeting and getting to know my customers and their families. Co-workers were great to work with and management was easy to talk with.
Overall good place to work
Officer, Corporate Secretariat and Committees (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 26, 2015
Friendly and competent team. Although I would have liked continue working with CPC, my position was a contract/temporary role. Coming from a small organization (less than 100 staff), found that the biggest challenge was grasping the layers of processes to go hand-in-hand with working in a large company.
always something to do
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABDecember 3, 2015
Pros: Short hours some days
Cons: Sore body
typical day-sort and deliver mail
Learned-organizational skills and self motivation
Management-decent
Co-workers-alright
Hardest part of job-learning things about your self and accepting your faults and working on them.
The most enjoyable-Learning about your self and growing. EXERCISE!
Secure employment with reasonable compensation but negative workplace culture.
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2015
Pros: Paid lunch breaks, indexed pensions, job security, paid leaves.
Cons: Very little incentive for improvement, poor organizational commitment of the average employee. Poor labour relations.
A very secure place to work once you achieve permanent status, which is not so easy to achieve now. Reasonably good pay and benefits and and working conditions. Enviable job security and an indexed pension. Some safety issues for external workers in particular. Above average paid leave provisions.
Very little incentive for improvement; poor organizational commitment of the average employee. Unmotivated employees are allowed to drag the organization down. Poor labor relations.
Great managment and fun environment
Mail Carrier - Cover Worker (Former Employee), Port Stanley, ONDecember 9, 2015
Pros: good wages
Cons: excessive flyers
I was only a cover worker but the time I did spend in the office, the staff were always respectable and nice. The time always went by fast and I enjoyed the customers and early mornings to mid afternoons.
All in all, if I could I wouldn't mind sorting mail again.
Friendly, enjoyable experience.
Mail Volume Counter (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONDecember 3, 2015
Pros: self directed
Cons: short term employment, part time.
I really enjoyed the time I spent here. The job was stress free and easy to pick up, good people,good environment. The only downside to this position was that it was temporary. The job was done for the day in four hours and the placement was only two weeks.
Terrible place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), HalifaxOctober 16, 2015
Cons: Frequently expected to skip breaks and lunches, yet somehow penalized for doing so.
Management is unreasonable, rude and continuously neglects to acknowledge that they can't keep anyone on staff for more than a few months as a result of their management. The team is short staffed as a result, and the remaining employees are expected to pick up the slack while maintaining the same deadlines. You are expected to work from home at all times, and the corporation is generally disorganized.
Its a good work place
Delivery Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Oncall
Cons: Obligate to finish the job of the date don't know the finishing time.
Canada Post has a good working environment but couldn't continue to the same job in future due to high physical demands, uncertain working hours and working outdoor.
Productive and busy while physically demanding.
Mail Sorter (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Co-worker's like having fun at a repetitive job.
Cons: Physically demanding job
Sort parcels for different locations within Canada, Sort heavy 3rd class mail such as magazines, sort letter for city delivery.
work place
Mail sorter, L7 and L9 fork life driver (Current Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCNovember 14, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: uncertainty as concerns how many hours I'll work
We sort mail, specifically parcels. Management is respectful of workers. My co-workers are respectful. Hardest part of job is not knowing how many I'll work during the week since I'm on call. I remained on call because I can't work graveyard shifts.
Loved working on my own time
RMC Delivery (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABOctober 16, 2015
Pros: You make your own hours when you start or finish as long as your delivery was completed by 5pm
Cons: nothing at all
Enjoyed the environment when I worked at Canada Post. The staff and co workers were friendly and helpful.
I sorted mail and parcels that were to be delivered. We organized them in our buckets for delivery. Lifted up to 80lbs...usually around Xmas was the most and heaviest.
Sorting Mail
Letter Carrier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2015
Pros: Excellent Benefits, People
Cons: High Injury
Currently sorting mail parcels and packets. Very good work ethic and team work.

Most enjoyable part of job is definitely customer service, along with communications/interactions.

Enjoy going that extra mile to make a difference to customers.
great people to work with
Transport truck diver/labourer, line cook (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONDecember 11, 2015
Pros: Good work atmosphere
Cons: nil
It was a great place to work. Lots of over time.
Long hours that I liked.
Great boss.
great co-workers.
Had to leave, as the Canada Post
subcontracted out the transportation.

That's when I took a job with Purolator.
the most enjoyable part of the job
letter sorter (Former Employee), Ville Sainte Laurent, QCNovember 25, 2015
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: problems with my pay
The most enjoyable part of my job as a letter sorter was the ambience of canada-post. The supervisors and the co-workers who were always there for the employees. also, the co-workers were easy to get along with because of my friendly nature.
Sinking ship
Director, Advanced Business Analytics (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 12, 2015
Pros: Good if you speak French
Cons: Resume' value degrades as you work more.
Company has to find new ways to cut cost and easiest place is employees related. Declining mail volume and competitive parcel market makes it a difficult place to survive.
what I learned
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Bolton, ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: Try to learn something new each week, was getting a decent wage to pay for my life, always looking for a better way to resolve conflict
Cons: Mind over Matter
New procedures, how to interpret and implement, get problems resolved, make sure there is product to sell or how to get it, how to get along with different personalities, have the contact #s to get what is needed. Try to keep a positive attitude.
personal statement
Officer (Former Employee), Edmonton, AB and Calgary AlbertaJanuary 12, 2016
This company overall is amazing to work with and grow. My Career with Canada Post not only allowed me to grow with the company but provide amazing experience in corporate Retail and ability to work in the construction industry.
Headquarters