Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

lots of walking
co-workers are very helpful
great management team
unionized
once work is complete, job is done for the day
Fun place, but you will be working hard.
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONApril 6, 2016
A very physically hard job. 25km walking a day.
I learned to work on my own, working against physical elements.
Management has their own agenda.
Very supportive.
Getting started.
Walking around on a beautiful day.
Pros
Free exercise
Cons
Human rights issues
Producive
Delivery agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 4, 2016
Sort, planing trips and delivery mail,parcels.
Planing routes for delivery special and express parcels on project called "Delivery Tonight"
collect and pick up parcels on corporate customers.
competetive employer
Mail Sorter/ Machine Operator/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2016
i enjoy working at this place. you get to work with people of different cultures. Christmas time is good you a lot of hours/ ot. air conditioning in the summer time the only warehouse i work at that has ac.
Pros
its fun. simple and light
Cons
limited hours if your not permanent
Sorting Parcels
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 27, 2016
Great job to go into every day! great people. I sort online parcels. Nothing about the job is hard as i tent to learn quickly and management has always been fair and good.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short hours
this summary is mostly in reference to dollarama and clothing closet....rewarding and productive
Ergo helper to deliver mail (Current Employee) –  staples and woodsleeMarch 27, 2016
challenging between setting up appointments for clients and having to maintain shelves n store and deal with customers. responsibility at a high level when it came to opening and closing store and making sure money and employees are safe. management is there to help with all concerns related to customers and employees. hardest part of these jobs was to take a disorganized state n make it organized so that every day was made a little easier but that is also the reward. rewards come in a form of accomplishment when faced with a challenging task along with the fact that I could help others in the meantime.
Pros
meeting new people every day
Cons
occasional long hours
A great environment to work in and great place to work
Mail Carrier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 27, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Canada Post, the hours were long and I was able to work indoors and outdoors. I was able to develop my skills in customer service and with this position, was able to meet the many people that I delivered the mail to. I delivered mail, parcels and add mail to customers, including customer parcels witch required a signature for and proof of ID. The hardest thing I found was the standing while sorting the mail, as I would have to stand in the same place for long periods of time. What I loved about the job was being outdoors and being able to enjoy the nice weather once it had arrived. I leaned how to use a scanner, and was responsible for a set of community mailboxes. I was also trained to drive a left handed mail vehicle as all of the routes were rural and suburban routes.
Pros
Standing in one spot for long periods of time
Cons
The people make it a joy to come to work
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 26, 2016
Opportunity to work in a variety of job positions. A happy atmosphere - always music playing. A high intensity, fast paced environment but never a feeling of overbearing pressure.
Pros
Good wage and benefits
Cons
Little chance for advancement
I do conduct sports facilities
Manager, Recreation Facility (Current Employee) –  CanadaMarch 21, 2016
yes i can,,,I can work in this field is a specialized university and I can do as well as training courses in Itaglq domain Sports
Pros
free
Cons
long
good money if you are prepared to do the work
letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2016
Not an easy job, alot harder than it looks. Alot to remember and on your feet standing/walking for approx 7 hours a day. Seniority decides who gets what position. Alot of variety within the company and you can transfer to anywhere in Canada if there is an opening.
Pros
job does not come home with you
Cons
poor environment, alot of unhappy people
Great compensation and benefits
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 17, 2016
This career is perfect for someone in great shape, who has a great attitude and the ability to learn in a quick and fast paced environment. I felt that my educational background and people skills were not able to be utilized as most work was done individually or with very small groups. I was the youngest person in most depots and that had its pros and cons. i was transferred to canada post in BC and enjoyed the experience although i was needed at home in Brampton due to family obligations. So now looking for employment here closer to home.
Pros
great exercise while working
Cons
low senority
Good start.
Training and Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 17, 2016
Good for a starter. I would recommend it for someone who is seeking somewhere to begin a career. Not for a long term though.
Productive and fun place to work
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 15, 2016
Great opportunity to work with Canada Post.
All the co workers are very helpful which makes a great team.
Great supervisors with helping hands .
to be successful ,love what you do .
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 14, 2016
I like working as a member in a friendly team,with the best supervisors ever.
I always meet the deadlines and complete my tasks perfectly.
Productive and great work experience
Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 8, 2016
Reviewing security clearances and assisting with other office tasks. Great team and relationship with co-workers and managers. Great work experience in a crown corporation, with flexible work environment.
Pros
Busy and challenging
Productive and fun place to work
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMarch 1, 2016
Delivered mail door-door, loved meeting and getting to know my customers and their families. Co-workers were great to work with and management was easy to talk with.
Pros
working outside and meeting new people
Cons
too many rumours in workplace
Glendon Hotel/Motel
Temporary RSMC (Current Employee) –  St. Lina, ABFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day would include serving customers, stocking the cooler, and balancing the tills.
I had awesome co-workers, who were easy and fun to work with. The manager was great to work for, and was very approachable. I enjoyed the interaction with my co-workers and customers.
Fun and fast paced
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCFebruary 24, 2016
I got to spend my mornings working with people and the rest of the day on my own. The harder and faster I worked, the sooner I got home.
Pros
work independentley
Cons
christmas rush. road conditions
Horrible place
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  CanadaFebruary 24, 2016
Management is very, very sadistic. Canada Post offers lousy training and very little help once you actually start.

The vast majority of the management team bullies and harasses on a daily basis.

If you can endure you'll make an okay wage. It has a fairly decent collective agreement, but it is being stripped.
Friendly enivronment
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 24, 2016
Working at Canada post teaches you to learn new thing everyday. I believe life is learning process and everyday you learn something new. The typical day at work usually include handling postage to customers, up selling the coins and others promotional offers to customers. Assisting customer through customs, Delivering customers their parcels, Creating final notice reports for parcels and returns.Daily paper work and administrative work.The management team is very friendly and helpful to each other during the mail pick up time, it is usually business everyone cooperates with each other and work in fast pace, making customers happy.