Canada Post

Canada Post Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
interesting
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCNovember 30, 2015
Cons: management concepts
CP is a great company seen from outside, culture is very different .Secondary 5 is enough to get into a management position,
the most enjoyable part of the job
letter sorter (Former Employee), Ville Sainte Laurent, QCNovember 25, 2015
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: problems with my pay
The most enjoyable part of my job as a letter sorter was the ambience of canada-post. The supervisors and the co-workers who were always there for the employees. also, the co-workers were easy to get along with because of my friendly nature.
Little advancement opportunities and very toxic environment
Post Office Assistant (Current Employee), Forest, ONNovember 18, 2015
Pros: close proximity to my house, decent hourly rate
Cons: hiring practice 2 new hires on same day, 1st entered into system gains seniority over the second despite work knowledge or performance.
The various roles I have worked have been challenging and rewarding. Many people within the organization are fun and friendly
However, the general work environment is extremely toxic as many leaders within individual post offices are poorly educated and/or limited in their exposure to real world work force. Many leaders within Canada Post have been with the company since high school. With little to no additional training. Cliques form within the regions as people hire friends to work with.
Coming into the Post Office from other work environments it has been impossible to break into the office clique as I am seen as an outsider. My additional skill set and work experience goes completely under utilized.
The union has their "hands tied" due to politics and double speak.
Seniority between myself and another employee hired on the same day is determined on the employee number. So the other employee has had seniority over me since day one, despite work performance or knowledge. This allows for all shifts to be taken ahead of me and all additional shifts to be offered to the other employee. My role is essentially as a back up person in case someone is sick or off on vacation. Attempts to relocate as per the union rules was stifled due to "misunderstanding" by a new Supervisor. Thus allowing a new employee to essentially have seniority over my position.
Poor organization, poor execution and poor leadership.
Over rated
RURAL AND SUBURBAN MAIL CARRIER (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 16, 2015
I worked as an RSMC for 4 years here. getting paid a daily wage is completely unfair. during Christmas i was working 14+ hours a day to get my route done (must be done). After calculating my gas/insurance/and wear on my own vehicle i was only making $4/h
fun job bad management
letter carrier/driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 15, 2015
great place to work, bad place/times with the restructuring/downsizing they are doing, its unionized by a non caring union only out to keep their pockets lined
work place
Mail sorter, L7 and L9 fork life driver (Current Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCNovember 14, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: uncertainty as concerns how many hours I'll work
We sort mail, specifically parcels. Management is respectful of workers. My co-workers are respectful. Hardest part of job is not knowing how many I'll work during the week since I'm on call. I remained on call because I can't work graveyard shifts.
Enjoyed the work until changes
Lettercarrier Casual (Former Employee), 70 Trillium Drive, KitchenerNovember 6, 2015
The work was physical and very hard at times, but I did enjoy my time there.
The changes made the job impossible to do, and since I needed to finish my education in bookkeeping I had to take time off as a Casual Letter carrier and focus on my schooling. In the end I had to leave the job since my availability was focused on school.

The work was very patchy in hours. some months I would have lots of work, and suddenly none.

I learned to be quick and walk/run far. total of 30 kilometers some days. organisation was a must.
it was a great workout walking alot
mail deliverer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 4, 2015
i enjoy walking alot and keeping active as i had to go house to house to deliver mail. it was part time work delivering mail
Challenge & Teaming are great things about Canada Post
Postal worker or Management (Former Employee), Burlington, Oakville, MississaugaOctober 31, 2015
Pros: Great exercise, dealing with challenge
Cons: Big corporation sometimes downsize or restructure
Work is your home for many hours so have a positive outlook, laughs, motivate people by your words and actions. Teaming is so important to the dynamics of a work environment. Show respect, kindness and support and you will receive this back from your Team.

Challenge yourself and your fellow workers to be more productive, what a great feeling when you have accomplished something. Special meaning to "Love my Job". I always have been challenged and empowered myself to be a top performer along with my Team.

Teaming exercising, plan a day to meet their families, makes a huge difference. Have Bar-B-Q days or bowling in the Winter months, even curling for the first time.

You can plan on longer work days if you socialize with your Team, and say after "what a great Team I have !
OVERWHELMING
Assisting customers (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2015
The management could use some new faces. There really two faced people. The employees are great to work with. 10 hour days scheduling is unfair. I would rather work at a Post Office location instead of the Call centre.
Secure employment with reasonable compensation but negative workplace culture.
Postal Clerk (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2015
Pros: Paid lunch breaks, indexed pensions, job security, paid leaves.
Cons: Very little incentive for improvement, poor organizational commitment of the average employee. Poor labour relations.
A very secure place to work once you achieve permanent status, which is not so easy to achieve now. Reasonably good pay and benefits and and working conditions. Enviable job security and an indexed pension. Some safety issues for external workers in particular. Above average paid leave provisions.
Very little incentive for improvement; poor organizational commitment of the average employee. Unmotivated employees are allowed to drag the organization down. Poor labor relations.
inside sales and project management
Channel Development- Partner Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
balancing the demands of client management and project management aspect. Acquisition and retention of customer base as well as focus on profitable growth.
Fun work place
Ergonomic Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 25, 2015
Working for Canada Post was is a very enjoyable job. Daily routine would be to prepare mail for delivery then to bring mail down to vehicle.
fun place to be
Temporary Delivery Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 20, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: yes
a fun place to tart your day with good people around the most enjoyable part of the job working and communicating good with my colleagues and connecting with the community.
Loved working on my own time
RMC Delivery (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABOctober 16, 2015
Pros: You make your own hours when you start or finish as long as your delivery was completed by 5pm
Cons: nothing at all
Enjoyed the environment when I worked at Canada Post. The staff and co workers were friendly and helpful.
I sorted mail and parcels that were to be delivered. We organized them in our buckets for delivery. Lifted up to 80lbs...usually around Xmas was the most and heaviest.
Good part time job.
Snow Removal Crew (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Only shoveled when it snowed.
Cons: Shoveled when it snowed.
This was a good part time job while I was going to school because I could wake up in the morning and if there was a snowfall I could get all the snow shoveling done before my morning classes.
is not any moore fun plase to work
Letter Carrier/ (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONOctober 14, 2015
Pros: work outsite
Cons: long hours
unnecessary changes at work loud make job impossible to for fill, for most workers, a lot of halt problems and mental stress
if you can handle to work and don't mind call ins at short notice then it's decent
Letter Carrier (Delivery Agent) (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 13, 2015
Great company and job if you have seniority, if you don't then prepare to get the short end of the stick. perm position can take a very long time to get, delivery is very difficult and you never know what your in for.
what I learned
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Bolton, ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: Try to learn something new each week, was getting a decent wage to pay for my life, always looking for a better way to resolve conflict
Cons: Mind over Matter
New procedures, how to interpret and implement, get problems resolved, make sure there is product to sell or how to get it, how to get along with different personalities, have the contact #s to get what is needed. Try to keep a positive attitude.
enjoyed my time there
Letter Carrier at Canada Post (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 29, 2015
Pros: great exercise
Cons: cold rainy days
Was a great place to work, people were proud of there jobs . management took good care of us .Co - workers were great . But have to say getting outside to deliver was great also .
Headquarters