Canada Post Employee Reviews in Canada

a mix of Improvement Potential but not without a sense of Jeopardy
Middle Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 1, 2016
Best paid indoor jobs within humane and high tech facilities.
Lots of management tools available but could use some on hands on training to benefit effectively. Now beginning to grow increasingly in paper pushing management staff instead of talented, front line, hands on teamleaders. Union has grown to be the major stumbling block for competitiveness of the organization in the global market.
A good working place
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 30, 2016
has been a great experience working as a contractor for Canada Post.
employees are very friendly, team players
and show a good ability to learn.
high level of commitment to projects.
POSTAL CLERK (PO4) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 24, 2016
I work in City Finals which means this department sorts the mail to the letter carrier routes to whichever depot in the City of Edmonton. With Edmonton growing as it is, I get to learn more street names and where they are located so if asked for directions from someone I would be able to assist them. I am able to get alone with both the management and my co-workers. I find that working nights and trying to sleep during the day (especially in summer as it is brighter and warmer during the day) can be problematic but there are ways around that. The best part, I find, is getting the job done by getting the mail sorted to the letter carrier so that they can get the mail to our customer.
Pros
Seniority gives you the option for work placement
Cons
Possibility of being locked out and/or on strike whenever contract ends.
Great co-workers
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJune 21, 2016
It is fun for the most part. Great co-workers.
It is however very stressful.
Can be long, and confusing.
But very rewarding when it comes to your customers.
Pros
If finished early, still paid for full 8hours
Cons
Constantly Rushed
canada post
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 17, 2016
what can I say the management has poor vision of the future I feel they hold on to old polices that worked years ago but not now
Pros
4 hour day
Cons
no full time
Job Advancement
Lead Hand/Supervisor Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 16, 2016
Lots of room to grow and improve as an employee. Lots of room for advancement within the company, from technician, to lead hand to supervisor, to possible super intendant.
Productive workplace involving organization and sorting of packages.
On-call Postal Clerk (Plant Operations) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 10, 2016
On-call based job position. When called to work you either accept or decline the offer. At work there are several conveyor belts that have boxes, packages, and parcels on them. We are required to sort them to their respective compartments. Also need to create cardboard boxes and tape them up, as well as move full loads to their respective areas (based on location it is being sent to). Need to also unload trucks full of packages that are placed on the main conveyor belt.

I learned great organization skills and learned to be time efficient. Also learned to work well with others to get the job done in a quick and efficient manner.

Supervisors were very helpful and respectful to the workers there. They placed great emphasis on the safety of the workers more than how quick the job was done (back mechanics and lifting of heavy boxes).

My co-workers were very helpful considering I am small-made, they helped me carry the larger boxes when I needed assistance.

Hardest part of my job was managing time with school. Considering it is an on-call position, I was called to work in the midst of my final exams, making me unable to attend those calls, therefore missing the opportunity to go in for work.

The most enjoyable part of my job was organizing all the parcels. I enjoy organizing and had a fun time being able to sort packages into their respective compartments.
Canadian Industry Leader
Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 7, 2016
Canada Post provided a great team environment and working anywhere in the company allows you to learn a great deal about all things business such as marketing, logistics, advertising, and sales.

With such a need for integration between departments, it allows you to branch out and create networks all throughout the company.
Pros
Working for a company that has an impact on Canada
Active, Fun, but frustrating place to work
Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ONJune 6, 2016
Working for Canada post has its advantages and disadvantages. The entry level on-call positions are difficult to accumulate sustainable hours, but the work itself is enjoyable. It is easy work and it allows an excellent work/personal life balance.
Good working conditions and decent pay
Postal worker - transportation (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 31, 2016
Canada Post is very structured place to work. The work ahead of you is usually planned out as to how long it will take etc.
Co-workers, for the most part, are friendly and helpful. Also management as well.
Good work environment, but it can be very repetitive which can get tiresome.
Pros
good pay..good work environment
Cons
repetitive work
Great place once you start getting shifts
On call Temporary Postal worker (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 30, 2016
Takes a long time to get to the top. 10 + years to move from temporary on call to full time. Working there for 3 months so far only 1 shift. Cannot support a family starting at the bottom.
Pros
great job with good benifits
Cons
no hours at the beginning.
A nice place to work
Commis de postes categorie PO4 (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 25, 2016
Competitive salary,opportunities on carer advancement.
Co-workers are friendly.
Formation is given for any position that needs to be fulfilled.
One of the best places to work in canada.
I learned a lot about customer service.
Like working here
Mail Carrier/Mail Sorter – Casual Part Time (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NSMay 24, 2016
Hard to get hours as casual. The people are friendly and helpful. Management was great to work along with.

It was great to be in the outdoors in all types of weather.

The early morning meant you had the day to yourself depending on hours you worked.

hard to get an idea of a steady schedule. People moved in from the city and bumped you down and out.
Canada Post
Development Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 20, 2016
Consulting engagements in a diversified portfolio of industries. including Project Management, Business Analyst, ERP architecture, pre-sales and sales engineering opportunities. Great people and a great place to work.
Excellent company to work for.
RSMC (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, ABMay 17, 2016
Lots of laughs and giggles with co-workers and management is great! Have learned so much with C.P. and the hardest for me is change with in the office.Most enjoyable is having a purpose and pleasing my customers are rewarding,
Pros
All occassions we have potlucks, staff appreciation days, coffee donuts ect.
Cons
long hours during Xmas rush, and after holidays long hrs as well, doing flyers
Good Employer
Temporary On Call Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 17, 2016
Letter Carrier Job in Canada Post is physically demanding. Besides you are exposed to extreme weather conditions but the good wages, benefits and job security compensates everything.
High School
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carstairs, ABMay 10, 2016
Is a typical multi-level business. worked your own hours. I learned from here was that most of the upper people don't know as much as some of the people coming in and that they were in the right spot at the right time.Management was really not there unless you were producing. The co-workers wasn't there you were on your own. The hardest part of the job was ignoring the harassing of not recruiting. The best part was out producing the ones who had teams but weren't selling because they focused on recuiting.
You would only want to stay here for the benefits and the pension.
Mail Service Courier, Mail Dispatcher, Clerk. (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 9, 2016
Many senior managers treated employees with very little respect. This is an employer actively and constantly eliminating the reasons why they would want to make this place their career.
Pros
Wages benefits
Unsatisfactory work environment
Letter Carrier, Casual (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLApril 29, 2016
A typical day at work required more than 8 hours of overtime. Overtime was forced and letters were applied to worker file if route was not completed.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
better paying job and flexible work schedule.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 29, 2016
typical workday involves prepping of mails, running mails on machine, sweeping and despatching mails to its different points of destination.
because thejob is so physical, i am easily able to lift heavy loads compared to other people my age who have not had any lifting experience.
the hardest part of my job is i think are the management people.
i enjoy working and get along with co-workers.
Pros
more overtime and cancelled rdos, easily take off
Cons
management and broken machines