Canada Post Employee Reviews

Nothing good about this place beside it paying you money
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Ontario18 September 2016
A typical day at work here, would be sorting mail and flyers for your assigned walk which can take upwards of 1.5 hrs(more like 2+ if its busy and you're new to the walk). Then you must sort packets and parcels, scan everything and load the truck to deliver. Most routes can not be done in 8 hrs without you missing lunch and breaks... however management who has never done a route before will say its easy or must be done in that time frame.

The management is the worst part about this place and its the worst i have ever experienced in all of the workplace settings i have been in. 90% of them will talk down to you in a condescending manner. Act like they can tell you about a job they've never done or cant even do. If you make any mistake they are all over you and will discipline you instead of properly educating you on procedures you might not have been aware of. They will threat and put your job at risk for the littlest things. Its a very negative culture and $19.40 is a decent starting wage but for what you have to do and put up with everyday you start to realize its not worth it. Most ppl just stay here to pay the bills or they dont have any other options.

The only things i enjoy are the co workers, getting paid and being on the road away from the toxic management. I honestly wouldn't recommend this job to anyone because it will only get worse here. Pension and benefits are nice once you get full time which can take 2 years but they want to take those things away.
Pros
Independent work outside, decent pay, co workers
Cons
MANAGEMENT, not secure job, slow or no advancement, low wage increase compared to inflation, everything else besides pro's really...
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  wonderland23 February 2017
I wish I could be accepted to work there and be able to lift my career could have been better for my future and more salery.
hope for the better
Pros
free lunch
Great Place
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2016
One of the best employers in Canada. Decent wages and generous benefits. Touching peoples lives daily and connecting dreams
Flexible to my Schedule, independent and attention to detail work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Mount Forest, ON3 February 2017
This is a job that needs to have attention to detail, and make sure you are comfortable driving in all weather conditions. The management and fellow employees are easy to work with and are very helpful when things are confusing or not easily understandable.

The hardest part of this job is learning how each office works and what their little quirks are. Saying that, each office has their own individual persons working there that make it their own work space and it's about accommodating yourself to their surroundings, with everyone having the same outcome of delivering the mail.
long hours, very busy
rsmc suburban and rural mail carrier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB30 January 2017
organizing mail, preparing packages
learned how to prioritize and work fast
management was good, went through a few managers while I was there.
people I worked with were great
standing on the concrete floor for hours
the people I worked with
Pros
was left alone to work by myself
Cons
You would only want to stay here for the benefits and the pension.
Mail Service Courier, Mail Dispatcher, Clerk. (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 May 2016
Many senior managers treated employees with very little respect. This is an employer actively and constantly eliminating the reasons why they would want to make this place their career.
Pros
Wages benefits
A nice place to work
Commis de postes categorie PO4 (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 May 2016
Competitive salary,opportunities on carer advancement.
Co-workers are friendly.
Formation is given for any position that needs to be fulfilled.
One of the best places to work in canada.
I learned a lot about customer service.
Good job , enjoyable at times
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC10 February 2016
Your day would start be sorting your mail and parcels to be delivered ,you would put the mail in order of travel to be delivered .
Management is not very good , very bullying and controlling . People who couldn't make it as lettercarriers have been made managers .
My co workers were great they totally made the job fun and enjoyable I made a lot of good friends at work .
Winter conditions made the job harder , slip trips and falls are common . If you did hurt yourself at work you would often have to make up a story of how you went over on your ankle for instance because it just doesn't happen you must have done something to come to that injury . Who hasn't just went over on an ankle at one time or another and when you walk 9 miles a day it happens .
Very good benefits and holidays , the best part of the job was all the people I delivered to .
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Bad management, forced over time .
Fun work place
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 February 2017
The pay is good but there is no job security since they dont do permanent anymore only casuals. The hours could be so early during christmas time
Pros
no job security
Cons
good pay
Work- life - balance
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 November 2016
When I have a project a typical day is prioritize duties according to the stage of the project. I usually have an early conversation with my team (union, supervisors and colleges), to review the duties and meet the time lines for that day.
I learned our company is evolving in order to be more competitive and be number one in collection and delivery.
My co-workers are very cooperative and the hardest part of the job is when the systems we used to work failed because head office has to deal with and sometimes, we can miss a day of work and projects usually have time lines per stage.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the relations I built at all levels of the organization as my department is the most important in the postal transformation so I deal with Directors, Managers, Superintendent, Supervisors and the Union.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Dead times
Great Company to work with.
Rural Mail Carrier Replacement (Former Employee) –  Escuminac, QC14 January 2017
While working with Canada Post, I enjoyed my time I spent delivering the mail. Sorted the mail and readied everything for my route. The hours were very sufficient for the customers on my route. I delivered to approx. 4 communities within the time frame allotted.
Co-Workers were the best to work with. Very sufficient and took pride in their careers. Would very much love to work for this company again.
Pros
Short Hours
Cons
Wintery Weather was not the best weather to work in.
Great place once you start getting shifts
On call Temporary Postal worker (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 May 2016
Takes a long time to get to the top. 10 + years to move from temporary on call to full time. Working there for 3 months so far only 1 shift. Cannot support a family starting at the bottom.
Pros
great job with good benifits
Cons
no hours at the beginning.
Busy fast paced.
Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  BC3 January 2017
Every day is different. Every route is different. Letter mail and bulk are sorted into a case. Once completed then the sequenced mail is bundled together with the corresponding letter mail, into the appropriate stops. Parcels are pdt scanned and numbered according to stops distinguishing which items are for signature, safe drop, collect, leave at the door or parcel box. All mail, packets, parcels and flyers are loaded into your vehicle and transported to appropriate sites. Most co-workers are great. Some however feel the need to constantly powertrip and belittle others most days, with no consequences to their actions.
Pros
Working alone daily. Being outside. Working Mon-Fri.
Cons
Heavy lifting, oversized packages, weather, lots of flyers. Using your own vehicle.
Good Employer
Temporary On Call Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
Letter Carrier Job in Canada Post is physically demanding. Besides you are exposed to extreme weather conditions but the good wages, benefits and job security compensates everything.
A decent job
Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC17 September 2016
I would say that canada post has a few drawbacks. Yes, as a new employee you may not get consistent work. However, like most jobs you must put in your time. Once you have been there for a while you get to choose when and what you work. The management is useless almost all the time. Regardless, you can almost always count on your co-workers to help you with every aspect of the job. There will be difficult days, and the stress when you start can be overwhelming. I personally, have gotten used to it and find the job quite easy now that I have got the hang of it. I would recommend applying if you like the outdoors and want to get paid to exercise.
Pros
No supervisors breathing down your neck every hour of the day.
Cons
Injuries can easily happen, be careful
good group of people I worked with
ocr-on call relief (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 October 2016
good job but can be long hours summers are shorter days but in the winter with daylight hours can be a problem some times we use our own vehicles and we have to take care of the maintenance on them
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
long hours at christmas
Canada Post Jobs
Letter Carrier / MSC Driver / Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 January 2017
In the beginning working for Canada Post in hard work and long hours. But once you get used to it the work gets easier and you get faster the days do get shorter and you learn to love it. Most people are very nice to you and you look forward to the walk and seeing customers.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
you are a number
structure and process driven company
Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2016
Canada Post is an excellent company to work for, they have competitive wages and good job security, with lots of opportunity for advancement. In my 11 years with Canada Post I held 6 different positions.
No future for new hires
Mail Service Courier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 December 2016
CPC could be a decent place to work but there is no future for drivers. They won't call you for weeks, then expect you to be available entire weeks getting only 4-5 hrs. in the heart of the day.
You have to work elsewhere to make money yet the hours at CPC don't work well for having a second job.
Older drivers never seem to quit and about half are only PT anyways. You would have to put up with a lot for many years just for PT.
I was hired a part of a class of 16. When I quit, that was it. All 16 were now gone.
They have to make this more attractive for casual employees to stay.
Pros
pay is decent and so are most coworkers
Cons
Bad data terminals which are overused for no good reason.
Good coworkers, punitive management
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 January 2017
I enjoyed eachone of my coworkers. I did not like the way in which management dealt with new carriers. I was put in a dangerous situation by management simple because they wanted to get mail out quickly. I was injured, then forced to report for work. even though I was not physically capable of completing any tasks associated with my job.
Pros
physically active
Cons
dangerous conditions in the winter