Canada Post Employee Reviews

better paying job and flexible work schedule.
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 29, 2016
typical workday involves prepping of mails, running mails on machine, sweeping and despatching mails to its different points of destination.
because thejob is so physical, i am easily able to lift heavy loads compared to other people my age who have not had any lifting experience.
the hardest part of my job is i think are the management people.
i enjoy working and get along with co-workers.
Pros
more overtime and cancelled rdos, easily take off
Cons
management and broken machines
Hard work,but rewarding
Mail Clerk, Mail Dispatcher, and Letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2016
I loved working at Canada Post! Everyday was new and exciting. In the span of a 37 year career, I was involved in every aspect of mail processing, the most challenging being a lettercarrier. It was an amazing and rewarding position, and I was constantly being approached on the street by people asking questions about my job. My coworkers were always very helpful, and I made many wonderful friend there.
Pros
Extremely rewarding at the end of the day-huge job satisfaction!
Cons
Very long hours sometimes, often in the most variable and extreme weather conditions.
great for cardio
Postal Service Mail Carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2016
-great work out
-new routes new challenges
-sorting mail can be draining in the morning
-must have clean driving record to operate company vehicle
-deal with the public
-learn how every station runs accordingly
-great work/life balance
Pros
great for health
Cons
your basically doing labour
Enjoy everything about it
Supply mail carrier in Formosa (Current Employee) –  Formosa, ONApril 24, 2016
I quite enjoy sorting and doing the driving for Canada Post , very much enjoy the atmosphere at the post office.
You learn to sort mail by the fire numbers,my co-worker is great will help you out if you need it. The hardest part if the fire # is not on the address and you are not familier with the name. I enjoy getting to meet a lot of new people.
Pros
Enjoy the people
Cons
If one does not have fire # on
Worked inside and out
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 28, 2016
Was a great company to work for. Dealing with the public was the most fun. Worked in London, Toronto, Oshawa, and Mississauga Ontario. Drove Canada post vehicles. Loaded and unloaded trucks. Learn to work with all kinds of people and different management styles.
negative atmosphere.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 22, 2016
- negative environment with little to no room for advancement
- corporate culture has no employee engagement
- job itself is great with opportunities to help unroll critical corporate projects to customers with a face to face presence
this summary is mostly in reference to dollarama and clothing closet....rewarding and productive
Ergo helper to deliver mail (Current Employee) –  staples and woodsleeMarch 27, 2016
challenging between setting up appointments for clients and having to maintain shelves n store and deal with customers. responsibility at a high level when it came to opening and closing store and making sure money and employees are safe. management is there to help with all concerns related to customers and employees. hardest part of these jobs was to take a disorganized state n make it organized so that every day was made a little easier but that is also the reward. rewards come in a form of accomplishment when faced with a challenging task along with the fact that I could help others in the meantime.
Pros
meeting new people every day
Cons
occasional long hours
Active, Fun, but frustrating place to work
Delivery Agent (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ONJune 6, 2016
Working for Canada post has its advantages and disadvantages. The entry level on-call positions are difficult to accumulate sustainable hours, but the work itself is enjoyable. It is easy work and it allows an excellent work/personal life balance.
Pretty good place to work
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Things has changed lots in the 9 years I have worked there.. and not for the better. More demands more hours. Management is nasty and looking for reasons to fire people.
Pros
great pay, Monday to friday
Cons
not good for your mental health
CPC is not the place it used to be.
Mechanical Supervisor Letter Processing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2016
CPC is battling with low mail volumes. This is causing an unhealthy work environment. The relationship the Union and Management is at an all time low.
Pros
Good Pay and Benifits
Cons
Poor Management
Great place once you start getting shifts
On call Temporary Postal worker (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 30, 2016
Takes a long time to get to the top. 10 + years to move from temporary on call to full time. Working there for 3 months so far only 1 shift. Cannot support a family starting at the bottom.
Pros
great job with good benifits
Cons
no hours at the beginning.
good work uncertain future
Ontario-Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONSeptember 15, 2016
great place to work but an uncertain future makes it tough to consider this as a career for current and future generations. wonderful to work outside and deal with the public.
Pros
monday-friday
Cons
uncertain future
Great compensation and benefits
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 17, 2016
This career is perfect for someone in great shape, who has a great attitude and the ability to learn in a quick and fast paced environment. I felt that my educational background and people skills were not able to be utilized as most work was done individually or with very small groups. I was the youngest person in most depots and that had its pros and cons. i was transferred to canada post in BC and enjoyed the experience although i was needed at home in Brampton due to family obligations. So now looking for employment here closer to home.
Pros
great exercise while working
Cons
low senority
Informative
Casual Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 24, 2016
There can be very long hours with great pay and there can also be no hours so the pay really doesn't matter.
Guild lines given but then asked to do more which is outside of guidelines.
Pros
No need for gym membership
Cons
not enough hours
You would only want to stay here for the benefits and the pension.
Mail Service Courier, Mail Dispatcher, Clerk. (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 9, 2016
Many senior managers treated employees with very little respect. This is an employer actively and constantly eliminating the reasons why they would want to make this place their career.
Pros
Wages benefits
great
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 13, 2016
love the job ;enjoy my staff and co workers. the idea of possible advancement is a great golden ring to me.
the management team that runs this corporation has the interest of the workers behind them and the future looks great.
Pros
laughs
Cons
no laughs
Learning Experience
Ergo Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ONJuly 19, 2016
I learned what it takes to dealing with mail. how you had to sort it all and then bundle it by address then go out and put the mail into peoples P.O boxes or end of driveway mailboxes.
Pros
holidays and weekends off
Cons
working in bad weather
working is fun
Letter Carrier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2016
Working for Canada Post is fun as long as one can get regular routes to go on or long term assignments. Work is challenging and demands physical fitness as you may be walking upto 30 kms/day.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
winters
good money if you are prepared to do the work
letter carrier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2016
Not an easy job, alot harder than it looks. Alot to remember and on your feet standing/walking for approx 7 hours a day. Seniority decides who gets what position. Alot of variety within the company and you can transfer to anywhere in Canada if there is an opening.
Pros
job does not come home with you
Cons
poor environment, alot of unhappy people
New and Exciting
Volume Counter (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONSeptember 11, 2016
I only worked for this company as a contract employee for 2 weeks. I enjoyed the staff in St. Catharines. They were fun and taught me a lot about their work. I would do it again.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, policies, group